Sign in to follow this  
marc0523

Utter crap Infantry changes in Beta

What the hell are they doing to infantry combat?

My soldier moves his gun around like it's on ice, then it hits the edge of his supposed area of aiming without moving his legs and suddenly the gun is moving through treacle! :mad:

I understand that this is meant to be a more realistic way of moving the gun and I get why it's been attempted but the implementation is shit. Try it at home with a pretend gun, move it to the left, you will find that moving more to the left is not 10 times as hard, it is actually only slightly harder.

Also if you aim to your left or right you can move you legs so that they point forward again while still aiming at your target.

Don't even get me started on that stupid auto aiming crap, where is the option to turn it off? This is not Carrier Command and I don't want the cross hair to jump about the screen second guessing my targets all the time.

Please please please Bohemia bring back the infantry controls from the Alpha, that was the first game since the original Operation Flashpoint where I really enjoyed infantry combat.

Did you check if mouse smoothing was on? I can't remember, but I think when I upgraded to the dev Beta the other day it was on halfway for me, and I never use mouse smoothing.

:butbut::rolleyes: lmaO......DUDE RELAX EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT.Put the the aiming deadzone down to zero and all will be well again.And there is no auto aim.....the crosshair jumping around is to show you where your bullets will impact when your near window ledges,rocks etc.

Set deadzone to 0 and turned smoothing off. I can kill things again. :o

Apologies for rant.

Thank you Bohemia for adding custom to the screen ratio btw

marc0523

You can take profiles from Arma3Alpha folder, rename and put into new Arma3 folder.

Also, turn off vsync, if you dont have great FPS it can greatly increase the problem.

Don't even get me started on that stupid auto aiming crap, where is the option to turn it off? This is not Carrier Command and I don't want the cross hair to jump about the screen second guessing my targets all the time.

You're misinterpreting the improved reticle accuracy with auto-aiming. With Arma 3 the reticle displays at the location which your barrel is aiming, not the weapon optics. I find this feature difficult to explain, maybe somebody has a reference image which they'll share.

Also, turn off vsync, if you dont have great FPS it can greatly increase the problem.

Correct, so many people don't realise that vsync uses processing power to actually work and does not come free.

You should only be using it if you get screen tearing or if you get ridiculous FPS (in the thousands BTW) in loading screens as this can torture the cards capacitors sometimes, you will know by the nice high pitched screeching coming from them. ;)