Sign in to follow this  
stealth2668

Why no NVG in Night showcase?

Do you not get the fact that its a showcase? Showing off the new lighting system for Arma 3? That is its sole purpose. You aren't meant to have NVGs.

I agree you just don't get that awesome lighting effects with a stupid green filter over the screen.

@stealth

do you have calibrated your monitor? http://img.fotocommunity.com/photos/3843090.jpg

IDK. Numbers 1 and 2 are only visible when looking at the screen at various angles. I left all my monitor settings at default since I don't know what I'm doing :D

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Do you not get the fact that its a showcase? Showing off the new lighting system for Arma 3? That is its sole purpose. You aren't meant to have NVGs.

Then why not just have a bunch of stuff to blow up? Why have enemies you can't even see half the time and who can see you from far away like it's daytime? If there's gonna be ai that can see you then at least let us see them or don't put them in. Before I changed the default setting practically everything was pitch black... How do you take screenshots?

IDK. Numbers 1 and 2 are only visible when looking at the screen at various angles. I left all my monitor settings at default since I don't know what I'm doing :D

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Then why not just have a bunch of stuff to blow up? Why have enemies you can't even see half the time and who can see you from far away like it's daytime? If there's gonna be ai that can see you then at least let us see them or don't put them in. Before I changed the default setting practically everything was pitch black... How do you take screenshots?

I was actually going to suggest you take screenshots to show us how bad it is on your end.

to take the screenshots via steam you go to.

View > settings > in-game > Screenshot short cut keys.

then rebind it to a key you don't use ingame.

I was actually going to suggest you take screenshots to show us how bad it is on your end.

That doesn't work if the problem is his monitor. :p

That doesn't work if the problem is his monitor. :p

D: then i would suggest for him to muck around with this monitor untill he can see lol

Then why not just have a bunch of stuff to blow up? Why have enemies you can't even see half the time and who can see you from far away like it's daytime? If there's gonna be ai that can see you then at least let us see them or don't put them in. Before I changed the default setting practically everything was pitch black...

Mate listen, for the vast majority of people the showcase works just fine and the reason behind the showcase is also understood by those people. Post some screenshots and I will do the same :)

Mate listen, for the vast majority of people the showcase works just fine and the reason behind the showcase is also understood by those people. Post some screenshots and I will do the same :)

Vast majority? How do you know this? Because a handful of arma fans who bothered to make an account here and who are backing up their game said they aren't having problems? There are even a couple that agreed with me. My point is, I can't complete the showcase because I'm getting killed by ghosts in the dark with seemingly x-ray vision.

Post some screenshots, lets have a look.

Edit:

Have a look at this video:

Shows off the Showcase perfectly and the lighting is fine also.

Edited by dale0404

Also did you read my OP? I said I'm aware of what it's about.

Post some screenshots, lets have a look.

Edit:

Have a look at this video:

Shows off the Showcase perfectly and the lighting is fine also.

Mine is nowhere near that clear. I tried with the image thing and it doesn't work. The screenshot and actual in-game aren't the same darkness. It's much darker than this and when I change the settings, they all appear the same.

http://i.imgur.com/tPxKNdc.jpg (140 kB)

Edited by Stealth2668

Ok mate, just looked at that screenshot, why cant you see anything? It looks pretty clear to me.

Ok mate, just looked at that screenshot, why cant you see anything? It looks pretty clear to me.

He mentioned that the screenshot (for reasons unknown) is not as dark as the actual gameplay.

Mr. Stealth, maybe you suffer from night blindness, which would be kind of amusing, seeing as your moniker denotes at least a passing affinity with skullduggery. The actual ailment is however no laughing matter, and I do sympathize with your plight. The only reasonable solutions that I can think of are (in no particular order):

1. Turn up your gamma.

2. Change your name to something more befitting ("MoleWarrior1337" for instance)

3. Adopt a more "can-do" approach to night-time combat, as I suspect the AI might be picking up on the subtle whining noises when you're trying to hide from them - they are quite adept at this.

4. Make a new mission called "Night Vision Showcase" (remember to include night vision goggles for your hero) and release it on Armaholic.com so we can all bask in the awesomeness of the Arma 3 engine, now with an nice overlay of garish green.

I do hope you find a way to mitigate your particular obstacle, and I wish you the best of gaming in the future.

Love and kisses,

Hund

Edited by Hund

I really cant understand why the screenshot is brighter than what you are seeing in game.

Mine is nowhere near that clear. I tried with the image thing and it doesn't work. The screenshot and actual in-game aren't the same darkness. It's much darker than this and when I change the settings, they all appear the same.

Well, that screenshot is easily visible on my main monitor, while it is mostly black on my shitty secondary monitor which i traded for a pack of sigs. I still say your monitor is shit.

You may compensate by increasing gamma en contrast on it, and/or doing this in the settings of your videocard.

EDIT: Also note that it gets gradually darker as the mission goes on, because time progresses and you start at 19:45.

EDIT2: Also, close your curtains: Dark screen + sunshine = looking at yourself in a mirror.

Edited by NeMeSiS

I really cant understand why the screenshot is brighter than what you are seeing in game.

monitor settings... At-least it was for me when I had a similar problem. Things to also if using an external program that changes ingame graphics e.g sweetfx.

EDIT: Also note that it gets gradually darker as the mission goes on, because time progresses and you start at 19:45.

Which is odd because the moon is rising unless cloud cover also increases.

Which is odd because the moon is rising unless cloud cover also increases.

The change in atmospheric lighting is a lot bigger than the change of the moon (which is quite high already at the start) in the 30 or so minutes during which the mission takes place.

Edited by NeMeSiS
Lighting, lightning, when will i learn...

thats darker then mine was. it was actually quite visible when i played i, the lighthouse made it like day

what are you settings? is every thing on low? if your GPU is actually alright you might want to try turning some stuff off and putting the rest on high, as then the GPU starts handling more load

Perhaps try turning clouds off?

I know for me that made the daylight much lighter could help you.

He mentioned that the screenshot (for reasons unknown) is not as dark as the actual gameplay.

Mr. Stealth, maybe you suffer from night blindness, which would be kind of amusing, seeing as your moniker denotes at least a passing affinity with skullduggery. The actual ailment is however no laughing matter, and I do sympathize with your plight. The only reasonable solutions that I can think of are (in no particular order):

1. Turn up your gamma.

2. Change your name to something more befitting ("MoleWarrior1337" for instance)

3. Adopt a more "can-do" approach to night-time combat, as I suspect the AI might be picking up on the subtle whining noises when you're trying to hide from them - they are quite adept at this.

4. Make a new mission called "Night Vision Showcase" (remember to include night vision goggles for your hero) and release it on Armaholic.com so we can all bask in the awesomeness of the Arma 3 engine, now with an nice overlay of garish green.

I do hope you find a way to mitigate your particular obstacle, and I wish you the best of gaming in the future.

Love and kisses,

Hund

Lol, where's the upvote button on this thing...

IDK... To me the screenshot is reasonable brightness but in game, everything in the photo that's grey is totally black.

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

1. Turn up your gamma.

Love and kisses,

Hund

Some of you people are daft. Unless you've read ALL of my posts, don't reply. You people like to look at the last post and base your argument on that. Please die in a fire.

IDK... To me the screenshot is reasonable brightness but in game, everything in the photo that's grey is totally black.

---------- Post added at 09:44 ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 ----------

Some of you people are daft. Unless you've read ALL of my posts, don't reply. You people like to look at the last post and base your argument on that. Please die in a fire.

Dude, no need to start getting nasty, it was a sarcastic post, take it as that. I can see some warnings coming along if you carry on saying stuff like "Please die in a fire".

I post a simple question and people come in here all defensive. I already requested the thread be closed because it's going nowhere.

You answered the question yourself, it is a nighttime and lighting showcase, but all you do is being agressive to everyone for no apparent reason.

The mission is supossed to let you see everything in the dark, if you have trouble turn up your brightness or change your monitor settings.