Sign in to follow this  
stealth2668

Why no NVG in Night showcase?

Hi buddy, I wasn't talking about using the satchels to blow up units, I was inferring that you use the satchels to blow up vehicles / buildings etc.

I know, which is why I said "...so you can make an explosion nearby" This still isn't really viable. You shouldn't have to detonate an explosive to create a light source.

I know, which is why I said "...so you can make an explosion nearby" This still isn't really viable. You shouldn't have to detonate an explosive to create a light source.

You don't have to. I see everything in the mission perfectly fine. It's one of the features of the mission. To show off the fog and lighting. If enemies start shooting at you, shoot back at the gun light sources!

I must admit as I have previously that there isn't any real issues with not seeing the enemy in this showcase. Blowing stuff up (as you should be doing) just makes things easier.

No issue here either, I use lower brightness and gamma than default as well as my sweetfx config which makes everything darker. Yeah it's dark, you barely see anything further than 20 metres from you but it's actually more fun that way as you can actually spot the patrols with their flashlight, and avoid them easily.

Although I am still quite a beginner, it's not impossible for me to succeed this mission. Enemies are hard to spot but still they are possible to hit with the default brightness and slightly lower gamma settings. As some said before, they make themselves visible, so try to aim at the source of the muzzle flash just like they do too ;)

They are not invisible for me. Definitely very much fun to play this mission.

Sure, NVGs would be more realistic regarding real combat preparation but obviously that's not the intention of this showcase. It's nice to see those smokey muzzle flash and the lighthouse beam :)

Why not? When I go camping on an overcast night, I make a fire to illuminate my campsite. Fire=Light , blow something up and there will be light.

To be honest, with no nvg i don't think the mission looks like a realistic one and i agree with the OP.

The mission landscape it's beautiful at night: and still I still think that the missing Nvg gadget is a mistake.

p.s. Has someone noticed that you can drive a truck and if you reach the junction you see 3 men (enemy Ai) completly halted, they looks like dummies?

Not to mention you can run over them with the truck isteself...

Why not? When I go camping on an overcast night, I make a fire to illuminate my campsite. Fire=Light , blow something up and there will be light.

Do you bring explosives to detonate your car? No, because it's not an efficient way to make light. I would have to find the enemy the blow something up near them but if I know where they are i would just shoot them.

---------- Post added at 18:26 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Also lighting can still be seen with nvg and if you don't want to use them you can take them off with a press of a button. Why complain about having an option?

Can someone post a video of all the problems they are having? I play on elite difficulty with AI on .85 and I have not gotten any problems with insane AI spotting me from too far away or it being too dark to see anything.

In fact my complaint for the AI is that they can't seem to spot you even though its not that dark out.

Other than that it would be nice to have a silencer. I am fine without NVGs because on a moonlit night like that you don't really need any. Flashlights are not that useful with the night mission being that bright.

I think the key thing to remember is that the mission is titled "Night Showcase", not "Night Tactics and Equipment Showcase". It's a tech demo for the lighting engine and all the prettiness that goes with it. The editor is right there to make realistically equipped night missions.

Actually it's a showcase for getting shot by people I can't see but can see me.

---------- Post added at 17:17 ---------- Previous post was at 17:16 ----------

Is it in the video settings menu?

Well, geez, the enemies in the night showcase are blind as bats for me, it's a fairly easy mission...

I think the key thing to remember is that the mission is titled "Night Showcase", not "Night Tactics and Equipment Showcase". It's a tech demo for the lighting engine and all the prettiness that goes with it. The editor is right there to make realistically equipped night missions.

People don't seem to realise that NVG's can be toggled on and off. Why not have the option? Would that affect you to have options?

People don't seem to realise that NVG's can be toggled on and off. Why not have the option? Would that affect you to have options?

If you had the option of using NV goggles most people would use them in this mission, I guess the idea is to force people not to use NVG's so they can show of the night time lighting effects, it is a showcase mission after all.

Yes well the people here who are so keen on the idea of seeing the effects can turn them off. People seem to think that NVG removes lighting effects!? You can still see explosions and stuff with them on. If the effects are so good, it should still look pretty neat with NVG's. Gonna have to turn up the brightness 'till it's bright enough to see more than a 1 meter.

Yes well the people here who are so keen on the idea of seeing the effects can turn them off. People seem to think that NVG removes lighting effects!? You can still see explosions and stuff with them on. If the effects are so good, it should still look pretty neat with NVG's. Gonna have to turn up the brightness 'till it's bright enough to see more than a 1 meter.

You must be wearing sunglasses when you are playing this showcase.

A silencer would be more useful in this mission. I know the player is supposed to raise hell, but the explosions should do the trick. You could detach the silencer and take some potshots for effect, once you cleared an objective.

Ya but apparently these people don't like options. They don't seem to understand what OPTIONAL means. They will probably assume you mean a silencer that is somehow stuck to your gun with no option to remove it even though you clearly say it can be removed.

Well a firearm, even when fired with a SUPPRESSOR, especially at night, is still very loud

See what I mean? The next reply is something against the idea of another OPTION. If you're far enough away they won't hear it and you won't create a huge flash in the middle of the night. You can take out guards, blow up what they're guarding then back out before detonating. Then you can pick off responding guards from a distance and they won't know where it's coming from because of the suppressor. That way you can blow stuff up while being stealthy and avoid getting shot.

If you want it so much, dePBO the mission and add the NVGs and suppressor to the init file so you can optionally equip them during the briefing.

pffft. Why bother. I don't care enough about the showcase. I just play other things. I'd be better to be able to see better but if not then screw it.

This showcase has probably the brightest possible night possible in the game. (Full moon, early evening, almost no clouds)

Are you sure your monitor brightness/gpu driver settings are correct? Everything should be easily visible.

I have no idea, everything is a default I guess. I turned up the brightness in-game with "meh" results. It's better but still hard to pick out targets.

Do you not get the fact that its a showcase? Showing off the new lighting system for Arma 3? That is its sole purpose. You aren't meant to have NVGs.