Sign in to follow this  
VII.Racetrack -ITA-

Vehicles going off-road

I'm sorry but I didn't find any solution trying to let the AI's vehicle stays on road.

I've put a mechanized infantry on the map and made 1 bilion waypoints from A to B, every waypoint is on the road ( ex. 3 waypoint for each turn ) to make the AI follow the road.

NO WAY... The AI don't follow my waypoint and turn off the road, stucking in woods or something else... So even if I put a wayponint for ever meter the AI don't follow the road...

If I make only 2 waypoint from A to B, the vehicle go directly to B, ignoring any road or logical paths....

I've searched for solution in the other topic in this forum..

Have you tried setting the unit behavior in the waypoints? If not set speed to limited and behavior to safe and see if that helps.

Frustrating I know, but the solution is as bias12 has suggested.

Change the waypoint behaviour to safe.

See below, the Vehicle and the waypoint. The (0) is Waypoint 0, which is the destination you want the vehicle to arrive at. In between is the road. As long as the very first waypoint (Waypoint 0) is the vehicle destination, then set behaviour to safe and the vehicle will follow the road.

Vehicle -----------------(O)

Alternatively create a waypoint before the road such as below... Set waypoint 0.... (0) behaviour to safe, and the vehicle will stay safe and follow the road all the way to waypoint 1... (1) unless you change it's behaviour at a later waypoint (for example waypoint 5)

Vehicle -----(O)-------------------(1)

ps. Sorry not in the game at the moment, can post better pics to explain when i can.

Edited by ArmASalt3