Sign in to follow this  
runekn

Where's the new animals in BETA?

The changelog says:

Green Army Faction

Animals: sheep, chicken, goat, dog

Many objects for Firing Drills (targets, moving targets, walls, etc.)

I can't find them under animals in the units menu. Is the only way to place them with classnames or have BI forgot to include them in the update?

Was looking for them also ? wanted to see if they where rag doll with some c4 :mad:

I can't find them under animals in the units menu. Is the only way to place them with classnames or have BI forgot to include them in the update?

There is a bug. Animals are part of the update already, but you can spawn them only via script command right now. We will fix it as soon as possible.

Whats animals listed under ? cant find them in latest DEV build.

You need to look for modules, sites, animals, select the type and place the module.

You need to look for modules, sites, animals, select the type and place the module.

Thanks

They move a little better, but when shot the seem to slide in odd directions for about a meter.

Also some of the hen's have corrupt textures and can be seen through other units.

I don't know if this is an intention or not. But in A2/OA you could add and eventhandler and when killed have that add an addaction.

But in A3 you can't add the action to the dead object anymore, I can work around it but it was annoying.

We really need a bird to shoot at and the cows need to come back.

How do you script the dogs in ? Im trying to add dogs to a mission I'm making but no clue how to add them (Editting Newbie)

How do you script the dogs in ? Im trying to add dogs to a mission I'm making but no clue how to add them (Editting Newbie)

The simple way is a site. Select in the editor Modules (F7) > Sites > Animals > Dogs and then set number of dogs and radius.

If you really need to use a script, then try this:

_animal = createAgent [_animal,_pos,[],0,"NONE"];

Variable _pos is a position where an animal will be spawned.

Variable _animal is a config class of that animal, you can use "Fin_random_F" or "Alsatian_random_F" for a dog.

The simple way is a site. Select in the editor Modules (F7) > Sites > Animals > Dogs and then set number of dogs and radius.

This works for dogs, chickens and sheep, but not for goats. I have posted a ticket on the A3 bug tracker.

If you really need to use a script, then try this:

Variable _pos is a position where an animal will be spawned.

Variable _animal is a config class of that animal, you can use "Fin_random_F" or "Alsatian_random_F" for a dog.

Thank you very much.

Are you also aware that the Modules > Site > Animals only works in development build currently, not the actual beta release, it took me ages to work out why I couldn't find it in the editor and then realized it wasn't here, it is however an option on the dev build version.

Thanks again, much appreciated :)

i spawn animals via script using   

but they only seen to be able to walk in a straight line when spawned on a server

in sp they move in any direction but in MP they only walk in a straight line 

anyone else seen this ?