Sign in to follow this  
oukej

Firing Drills - Challenge!

As a follow up and an extension to today's ARMA3 tweet I'd dare to challenge you all - show me how mad your Firing Drills skillz are :devil:

Post your results - ideally a screenshot taken at the end of your run or a video as an ultimate proof! Competitive only.

Try hard and keep it fair!

[TABLE=class: grid, align: center]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]COMPETITOR

[/TD]

[TD]TIME

[/TD]

[TD]COMPETITOR

[/TD]

[TD]TIME

[/TD]

[TD]COMPETITOR

[/TD]

[TD]TIME

[/TD]

[TD]COMPETITOR

[/TD]

[TD]TIME

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]1st

[/TD]

[TD]Triggerman

[/TD]

[TD]01:33.168

[/TD]

[TD]Triggerman

[/TD]

[TD]00:50.383

[/TD]

[TD]Sneakson[/TD]

[TD]00:38.244[/TD]

[TD]rakowozz[/TD]

[TD]00:38.711[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]2nd

[/TD]

[TD]Sneakson[/TD]

[TD]01:33.294

[/TD]

[TD]rakowozz[/TD]

[TD]00:52.005

[/TD]

[TD]rakowozz[/TD]

[TD]00:41.247[/TD]

[TD]Sneakson[/TD]

[TD]00:38.757[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]3rd

[/TD]

[TD]ShocknAwe[/TD]

[TD]01:34.486[/TD]

[TD]Sneakson[/TD]

[TD]00:53.539[/TD]

[TD]runekn[/TD]

[TD]00:48.940[/TD]

[TD]EvenLease[/TD]

[TD]00:46.015[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I will try to keep the track and update the leader-board table manually.

Edited by oukej
update

a3AiPBJ.png (red course) 3to2TaG.png (Orange course) q33ef5C.png (Green course) :cool:

EDIT: Added green course and made images smaller :)

Edited by runekn

Nice! That was quick. Seems like I will have to stay late at the office ;)

Really cool, I´m nowhere that fast. However, to really prove the speed people would need to post videos ;)

Videos are ultimate proof.

Not my time, but Endstar isn't registered on here:

Endstar's time for the Red Drill:

shot_130625_211954.jpeg

Edited by DM

Endstar's time for the Red Drill

Endstar is DQ by default because he regularly bribes me with cappuccino, Amaretto and cigars :n:

Guess I'll be going up ealier and sleep late. That first place is MINE!! >:D

Green: 1.51.161

Red: 1.02.302

Blue: 51.181

Orange: 45.169 (Edit 43:715 lol) (Edit: beaten further down)

Only played each one through completely a couple of times.

We're supposed to be playing competitive mode right? In training you get bonus deduction for doing it right and in competitive you get reduction for doing it wrong as I understand right.

Compared to Mirror's Edge Speed-runs the controls are so shitty! I get stuck everywhere, can't sprint under things and stop completely when changing weapons lol...

Orange was the easiest and best with no shit to get stuck on.

By the way where are you supposed to stand to shoot the guys in blue at the "walk over" sign? I always get a damn time penalty there.

Edited by Sneakson

Orange course again.

xxze.th.jpg

I don't know how anyone could get below 46 seconds, not sure if I'd believe it ether ;)

http://i.imgur.com/v3F35GH.jpg (764 kB)

If I could get 36 or 37 I would be happy.

Don't think anyone will ever get down to 33 point anything.

Now I wanna have a snack though… maybe do other.

Orange course again.

Charming.

How do you post your times with the colors and stars, I will try and post some of my times tomorrow.

I know iam sub 1min an all but the blue course.

On a side note, as a competitive pistol shooter I like all of the drills I just think there needs to be more steel targets and no so much of the pop up targets.

How do you post your times with the colors and stars, I will try and post some of my times tomorrow.

I know iam sub 1min an all but the blue course.

On a side note, as a competitive pistol shooter I like all of the drills I just think there needs to be more steel targets and no so much of the pop up targets.

I think they did screenshots and cropped out the times or something... someone cropped.

I agree the courses could be made a bit better. Sometimes you have a very small space to stand on and it can be hard to know where your feet are without looking down, when leaning I almost always shoot through the walls and different target behaviors would be nice.

I think they did screenshots and cropped out the times or something... someone cropped.

Yup, but that seems quite unmaintainable :) So I'll go with text and you can post a screenshot from the finish line.

Videos or it didn't happen. :cool:

You can edit your best results. You can cheat and even a screenshot taken from the finish line can be fake. Well, I've considered several options and a video would truly be an ultimate proof. But the recording eats performance, you'll have to upload it...well at some point maybe. But our players don't play unfair or lie ;)

We're supposed to be playing competitive mode right? In training you get bonus deduction for doing it right and in competitive you get reduction for doing it wrong as I understand right.

Definitely

Compared to Mirror's Edge Speed-runs the controls are so shitty! I get stuck everywhere, can't sprint under things and stop completely when changing weapons lol...

We sadly have limitations the "small scale" games do not have, but the fluidity of movement and its intuitiveness is definitely something we're trying to improve.

You can take it as another challenge though ;) Firing drills are about agility after all.

By the way where are you supposed to stand to shoot the guys in blue at the "walk over" sign? I always get a damn time penalty there.

Pls, post a screenshot or checkpoint number. Afaik there's no "Walk over" sign in blue.

How about firing drills where it's not about getting through the course as fast as possible, but actually spotting and shooting targets ? Like, you stand on a rise near the town and have to find popup targets in the town and shoot them ? The current "run through and shoot everything as fast as possible" isn't a drill or something you can train with, it's a quick reaction game more than a firing drill

I got a 1.44 on the Green Course last night. I could get it down to 1.42 (I did but got penalties for not being in the shooting boxes near the end :mad:)

Will post a screenshot later

The current "run through and shoot everything as fast as possible" isn't a drill or something you can train with, it's a quick reaction game more than a firing drill

While I'd I disagree that it isn't useful for picking up basic movement and weapon skills, it's worth noting that this is the first publicly released iteration of the Drills, getting the 'basics' of the systems in place.

In future we'd like to refine and extend the gameplay by introducing ways of encouraging and rewarding accuracy. Plus, in COFs like Orange, there are already elements like spotting and selecting target priorities, which is a good foundation to build on.

We've got a bunch of ideas already, but hearing some specific feedback is of course welcome too! :)

Best,

RiE

We've got a bunch of ideas already, but hearing some specific feedback is of course welcome too! :)

Thanks for the reply and clarification. I'll open a ticket in the feedback tracker

I think introducing some grenade usage practice in the current challenges would be perfect. Just fix the throwing animation, and give the player potatoes at first until he reaches the next level (potatoes instead of grenades in COD2 were a lovely addition). Grenades are responsibility, after all!

getting the 'basics' of the systems in place.
Welcome, those who complain, to what "it's in alpha" means.

Varanon, I'll agree with RiE that it's absolutely a drill with utility but I'll suggest that tweaking penalties and bonuses could help if you're concerned with accuracy over speed. For starters, RiE, are headshots supposed to actually do anything as far as the target scoring or is it intended to be enough to score (nominal) center of mass? Also, there currently seems to be a situation where the target can merely be "clipped" but count for score.

As long as you're fine with keeping the existing drills, I'm fine with your proposed solution: MORE firing drills. :D

In future we'd like to refine and extend the gameplay by introducing ways of encouraging and rewarding accuracy. Plus, in COFs like Orange, there are already elements like spotting and selecting target priorities, which is a good foundation to build on.
And "a good foundation" for users to build on and upload, I hope. ;)

are headshots supposed to actually do anything as far as the target scoring or is it intended to be enough to score (nominal) center of mass? Also, there currently seems to be a situation where the target can merely be "clipped" but count for score.

Accuracy of hit is not yet taken into account in the actual COFs.

Question: Who holds the office record at BIS?

Suggestion. Maybe you should do a sniper challenge where you have to sneak up on targets and shoot them without beeing spotted by the instructors.