giallustio

=BTC= Logistic [A3] - BETA

.... instead of using the name of every single vehicle, can you then just add "car", "armored","support", and etc. ??

Got it to work now, instead of using the name of every single vehicle, can you then just add "car", "armored","support", and etc. ??

Unfortunately BIS in their wisdom class a "car" to cover anything from a hatchback to a HEMTT Tempest and Zamak Transporters, so the only way to correctly class the correct type of helo to what it can transport is to name the actual vehicle, i.e. "O_Truck_03_covered_F" which is classed as a car but looks like this:-

800px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_B_Truck_01_covered_F.jpg

Edited by Beerkan

does it work with the zeus mod.

i followed the instructions on how to install it, but it wont work for me.

Got it to work now, instead of using the name of every single vehicle, can you then just add "car", "armored","support", and etc. ??

It's already like this by default. You can set a value or the default one is picked

Hi.

I have this issue when the lift chopper, CH-49 Mohawk, is destroyed - when it respawns it respawns as a CH-49 Mohawk but without the lift ability. The top of the screen says Normal Chopper and there is no lift chopper welcome message. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am using Tophe's vehicle.sqf to manage respawns, would that cause a problem?

Thanks in advance for any light shed.

Hi.

I have this issue when the lift chopper, CH-49 Mohawk, is destroyed - when it respawns it respawns as a CH-49 Mohawk but without the lift ability. The top of the screen says Normal Chopper and there is no lift chopper welcome message. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I am using Tophe's vehicle.sqf to manage respawns, would that cause a problem?

Thanks in advance for any light shed.

Tophe has withdrawn his Simple Vehicle Respawn script. See Simple Vehicle Respawn by Tophe of Östgöta Ops

Try this one from Iceman.

/* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
File: vehRespawn.sqf 
Author: Iceman77 

Description: 
Respawn destroyed and abandoned vehicles 

Parameter(s): 
_this select 0: vehicle  
_this select 1: abandoned delay in seconds(s) - Required 
_this select 2: destroyed delay in seconds(s) - Required 

How to use - Vehicle Init Line:  
_nul = [this, 120, 60] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf"; << 2 minute abandoned delay, 1 minute destroyed delay. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- */ 

private "_veh";

_veh = _this select 0; 
_abandonDelay = _this select 1; 
_deadDelay = _this select 2; 
_dir = getDir _veh;  
_pos = getPos _veh;  
_vehtype = typeOf _veh;  

if (isServer) then { 
   While {True} Do { 
       sleep 1; 
       if ((alive _veh) && {canMove _veh} && {{alive _x} count crew _veh == 0}) then { 
           _abandoned = true; 

for "_i" from 0 to _abandonDelay do {   
                   if (({alive _x} count (crew _veh) > 0) || (!alive _veh) || (!canMove _veh)) exitWith {_abandoned = false;}; 
                   sleep 1;   
               }; 

if ((_abandoned) && {_veh distance _pos > 10}) then { 
               deleteVehicle _veh; 
               sleep 1; 
               _veh = createVehicle [_vehtype, _pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"]; 
               _veh setDir _dir; 
               _veh setPos [_pos select 0, _pos select 1,0];			
		}; 
       }; 

if ((!alive _veh) || (!canMove _veh)) then { 
           _dead = true; 

for "_i" from 0 to _deadDelay do {   
                   if (({alive _x} count (crew _veh) > 0) || (canMove _veh)) exitWith {_dead = false;}; 
                   sleep 1;   
               }; 

if (_dead) then { 
               deleteVehicle _veh; 
               sleep 1; 
               _veh setDir _dir; 
		}; 
       }; 
   }; 
};

Tophe has withdrawn his Simple Vehicle Respawn script.

Try this one from Iceman.

/* ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
File: vehRespawn.sqf 
Author: Iceman77 

Description: 
Respawn destroyed and abandoned vehicles 

Parameter(s): 
_this select 0: vehicle  
_this select 1: abandoned delay in seconds(s) - Required 
_this select 2: destroyed delay in seconds(s) - Required 

How to use - Vehicle Init Line:  
_nul = [this, 120, 60] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf"; << 2 minute abandoned delay, 1 minute destroyed delay. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- */ 

private "_veh";

_veh = _this select 0; 
_abandonDelay = _this select 1; 
_deadDelay = _this select 2; 
_dir = getDir _veh;  
_pos = getPos _veh;  
_vehtype = typeOf _veh;  

if (isServer) then { 
   While {True} Do { 
       sleep 1; 
       if ((alive _veh) && {canMove _veh} && {{alive _x} count crew _veh == 0}) then { 
           _abandoned = true; 

for "_i" from 0 to _abandonDelay do {   
                   if (({alive _x} count (crew _veh) > 0) || (!alive _veh) || (!canMove _veh)) exitWith {_abandoned = false;}; 
                   sleep 1;   
               }; 

if ((_abandoned) && {_veh distance _pos > 10}) then { 
               deleteVehicle _veh; 
               sleep 1; 
               _veh setDir _dir; 
		}; 
       }; 

if ((!alive _veh) || (!canMove _veh)) then { 
           _dead = true; 

for "_i" from 0 to _deadDelay do {   
                   if (({alive _x} count (crew _veh) > 0) || (canMove _veh)) exitWith {_dead = false;}; 
                   sleep 1;   
               }; 

if (_dead) then { 
               deleteVehicle _veh; 
               sleep 1; 
               _veh setDir _dir; 
		}; 
       }; 
   }; 
};

Thanks for the reply Beerkan, I will change the respawn script to see if it helps.

---------- Post added at 07:03 ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 ----------

I can't get that script to work at all. It crashes the server on load.

This line seems to be giving me the most trouble:

_nul = [this, 120, 60] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";

Can you show me an example of how this is written in the init line, just to make sure what I have been doing is right. This is how I have tried it:

init = "_nul = [this, 120, 60] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";";

...I can't get that script to work at all. It crashes the server on load.

This line seems to be giving me the most trouble:

_nul = [this, 120, 60] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";

Can you show me an example of how this is written in the init line, just to make sure what I have been doing is right. This is how I have tried it:

init = "_nul = [this, 120, 60] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";";

I thought perhaps I had pasted it wrong, so I copied my post back into my spawn script and tried it. Worked as normal. Note I am on stable branch. I don't know if your problem is a sever side issue.

You can checkout Iceman's original thread on his script.

N.B I changed the values from minutes to seconds, so in Iceman's original script you use

_nul = [this, 2, 1] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";

See Iceman's Light-Vehicle-Respawn-Script

I think u're using an edited version of the script 'cause i've no welcome messages

I thought perhaps I had pasted it wrong, so I copied my post back into my spawn script and tried it. Worked as normal. Note I am on stable branch. I don't know if your problem is a sever side issue.

You can checkout Iceman's original thread on his script.

N.B I changed the values from minutes to seconds, so in Iceman's original script you use

_nul = [this, 2, 1] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";

See Iceman's Light-Vehicle-Respawn-Script

I double checked the instructions and I still can't get the server to load the mission. This is the error I get in the RPT:

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 3430: '/Mission/Vehicles/Item8.init': Missing ';' at the end of line

Error context sqf";";

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 3430: '/Mission/Vehicles/Item8.vehrespawn': '.' encountered instead of '='

Here is a vehicle from the mission file:

class Item8

{

position[]={4485.1494,0.82436717,2187.5403};

azimut=182.40453;

id=148;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F";

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.60000002;

text="d_boat_1";

init="_nul = [this, 240, 5] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";";

};

I am very new to all of this so sorry for my noobishness. Is the init line written correctly?

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

I think u're using an edited version of the script 'cause i've no welcome messages

I found the Welcome messages in a stringtable. I have not built the mission. This is a conversion of Domination chernarus by Xeno for Arma 2 which was converted to Stratis Arma3 by someone else and I am converting it to work on Chernarus.

This line looks wrong

In my mission.sqm file it looks like this

init="_nul = [this, 240, 5] execVM ""vehrespawn.sqf"";";

Remember, you add this line in the init of the vehicle in the editor.

_nul = [this, 240, 5] execVM "vehrespawn.sqf";

not by editing the mission.sqm file.

If you've any more questions regarding "vehrespawn.sqf" may I suggest you post in Icemans vehrespawn.sqf thread.

I double checked the instructions and I still can't get the server to load the mission. This is the error I get in the RPT:

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 3430: '/Mission/Vehicles/Item8.init': Missing ';' at the end of line

Error context sqf";";

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.chernarus\mission.sqm, line 3430: '/Mission/Vehicles/Item8.vehrespawn': '.' encountered instead of '='

Here is a vehicle from the mission file:

class Item8

{

position[]={4485.1494,0.82436717,2187.5403};

azimut=182.40453;

id=148;

side="EMPTY";

vehicle="B_Boat_Armed_01_minigun_F";

lock="UNLOCKED";

skill=0.60000002;

text="d_boat_1";

};

I am very new to all of this so sorry for my noobishness. Is the init line written correctly?

---------- Post added at 20:11 ---------- Previous post was at 20:09 ----------

I found the Welcome messages in a stringtable. I have not built the mission. This is a conversion of Domination chernarus by Xeno for Arma 2 which was converted to Stratis Arma3 by someone else and I am converting it to work on Chernarus.

EDIT: I fixed the init line, it now reads:

init="nul = [this, 240, 5] execVM ""vehrespawn.sqf"";";

It works great and with no errors but if I crash the Mohawk it respawns as a normal chopper with no lift capabilities.

There's a new update coming for =BTC= Logistic [A3] - BETA with permission given from Giallustio. (many thanks Giallustio!)

New Features including:-

Updated for latest Arma 3 version 1.824200 Vehicles and Helo's

Deploys smoke on ground where cargo lands unless Cargo is a Vehicle AND is vehicle occupied. So as not give away position to enemy.

Deploys appropricate parachute/s if dropped above 25m.

Deploy's a small chute for Cargo and ammocrates.

Deploy's a single Large Chute for Cars and small boats Trucks etc.

Deploy's multiple chutes for heavy cargo, i.e. Tanks, Large trucks, large boats etc.

Pilot needs to have a 4/kph or less speed differential to pickup cargo.

Many smaller fixes for Mulitplayer.

Some teaser images to whet your appetite.

2014_05_20_00008.jpg 2014_05_20_00013.jpg 2014_05_20_00018.jpg

2014_05_20_00016.jpg 2014_05_20_00011.jpg 2014_05_20_00005.jpg

The updates will be for testing purposes as there is still some work to be completed.

Once everyone is statisfied, Giallustio will update the first main post.

Edited by Beerkan

@beerkan

Is it possible to invert the function to disable lifting ?

Actually, everything is liftable and you must disable the lift per object. The best way is, nothing is liftable except what the programmer allow to lift is his mission. Trust me, it's easier to think like that.

It's already like that...

If the last version is the 0.13, i'm sorry but no. You have to declare what is not liftable.

Edited by Mariodu62

No mate. You can set what can be lifted by a single class chopper. What you're saying it's different. I can set that the mh6 can lift ammoboxes, but then you can set that a specific box can't be lifted (like the box near the spawn for example)

No mate. You can set what can be lifted by a single class chopper. What you're saying it's different. I can set that the mh6 can lift ammoboxes, but then you can set that a specific box can't be lifted (like the box near the spawn for example)

Yes it's true, except that with Bis some trucks are cars and so on. So difficult to be sure of the class of lifted object.

But it's not a script bug.

That's why i change the cannot_be_lift by can_be_lift and set the variable to object that can be lift.

Edited by Mariodu62

Just set the class name instead of truck...that's easy

Hi, Giallustio I've been using this mod for a little while and haven't have any use in my clan missions yet for the Lift and Cargo portions but need the Fast rope capability. Is there a way to remove the portions that i don't need and still have it work? I have deleted the =BTC= Cargo/Lift folders modified the init.sqf coding to

_fast_roping = execVM "=BTC=_fast_roping\=BTC=_fast_roping_init.sqf"; 

and it doesn't seem to be working any help here would be great if you don't have time I understand maybe one of these nice gentlemen or women could direct me to my error?

In the logistic init there's what u're looking for. I'm away from my pc and i can't help u properly, but it's something like "active logistic = 1", set it to 0

Hi Giallusto nice scripts you have here. I implemented it in a mission almost finished but i have a little issue.

Frequently when i unload a crate from a jeep or landed chopper, the ammo crate gets damaged and starts to smoke (we use the big green one with VAS). I am using a dedicated server to test it, not sure if this can be a problem.

Could be possible unload the crate closer to ground? I would like try if this is the reason crate get damaged. Thanks.

Take a look at the BTC_l_unload function (=BTC=_logistic\=BTC=_cargo_system\=BTC=_functions.sqf - line 81)

@MoLoJack

=BTC=_logistic_init.sqf

BTC_active_lift = 1;

BTC_active_fast_rope = 1;

BTC_active_cargo = 1;

BTC_active_towing = 1;

0 for disable it

@MoLoJack

=BTC=_logistic_init.sqf

BTC_active_lift = 1;

BTC_active_fast_rope = 1;

BTC_active_cargo = 1;

BTC_active_towing = 1;

0 for disable it

Sweet thanks Giallustio!

Ey thanks. I tried differents ways to place the crate in ground and i got surprised.

Even the crate spawning right on floor without fall down a bit, sometimes the crate get damaged. But happends less times.

The last thinks i tried is change line 76 (load) to have the crates in x axis. This allow unload on ground with no fall down (when case height<2):

BTC_cargo_selected attachTo [bTC_cargo_repo,[bTC_id_repo,0,0]];

Then i made a triangle to unload always the crate by right door with no matter the direction of the vehicle:

case (_height < 2):
		{
			//_obj setpos (_veh modelToWorld [-10,0,0]);
			_dir = direction _veh;
			_pos = getPos _veh;
			_distance =4; //unload crate _distance from helicopter.
			_obj setPos [(_pos select 0)+(_distance * cos _dir), (_pos select 1)- (_distance * sin _dir),0]; //right side
		};

I can't really fix the damage crate (setdamage 0 patch up? :p) but will be a pleasure if you like the right door positioning line. Complimenti for your scripts!

Edited by Helice

Unfortunately due to other commitments, Giallustio is no longer providing updates to this marvellous Logistic script for ArmA 3. I wish to thank Giallustio for his efforts and wish him all the best for the future. Thanks for giving us this.

As promised, and with permission from Giallustio, I am now posting updates to a couple of these scripts. They relate purely to the Lifting scripts and I have updated them to cater for new classes in the latest release of ArmA3.

Bare in mind these are still beta updates, so keep a backup of your originals. Once there is an agreed update, Giallustio will edit his first post with a link to these so everyone can benefit.

In the meantime please try these updated scripts and let me know your findings and suggestions for improvements.

Remember, I'm just a script kiddie, the real credit goes to Giallustio.

Lets all contribute to improve this and make it all the better for that.

You will still need to refer to Giallustio's notes on how to customise the script.

See my next post for updates to the scripts.

Edited by Beerkan