Sign in to follow this  
bias12

Diary entry list order method.

Hi guys, I did a search to see if this was common knowledge or not but didn't find anything.

Just want to let those of you who don't know already that the order of the diary entry intel module in the editor affects the order in which the entries show up in the map screen.

The entries list with the most recently placed module at the top, so if you want situation first in the list, place it last, i.e;

Situation > place last

Mission > place second to last

Execution > place third

Support > place second

Comms > place first

Hope this helps as it was doing my head in.

• Like 1

Oops, looks like it was only me then hahaha! Oh well it's here if anyone needs it.

Are those presets really responsible for the order? I can select what I want, I can never set a order I´d like to have

I find it not really matter when it is placed, but rather when it's grouped. Using your example, when you placed comms first, then placed support, what it does it, it grouped support to comms, then execution grouped to support and so on and so forth.

Because I found out if I removed the group lines, the order became messed up again... But that was during v1.0, so it probably changed now

I don't see the advantage, as of yet, of using this method.

The Description box is ridiculously small to even bother with.

You're going to have to write everything on NOTE and then copy/paste it into the box.

If you've got to do that, might as well do it the old fashion way of using the brief.sqf, which I find to be easier and clearer.

Unless of course, I'm missing something here and we can no longer go that route?

Just my two cents worth.

No, you can still use:

_diary1 = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Situation", "ALERT: BIOWEAPON HAZARD<br/><br/>MEC-Forces are retreating. It is confirmed that General Reza is now in possession of at least 30 cannisters of weapons-grade viruses. His location is currently unknown but it is likely that he is still on Altis."]];

But it's basically the same problem with ordering multiple entries. What should be shown last must be placed first in the code.

_diary5 = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Signal", "White King - Command Element, Adm. Hackett<br/>Templar - Taskforce, Cpt. Gomez<br/>Paladin - UH-80 Ghosthawk Transport, Lt. Tadic"]];
_diary4 = player createDiaryRecord ["Diary", ["Support", "Helicopter Transport - Callsign 'Paladin'"]];

But it's basically the same problem with ordering multiple entries. What should be shown last must be placed first in the code.

hmmm...so is there no possibility to get the entries in a proper order...while using the module?

The briefing.sqf would of course be an option...but there must be a way to get an order.