Sign in to follow this  
LeslieHapablap

Getting kicked out of servers due to "modified files"

SO. I wanted to try playing the regular Arma after having played DayZ for awhile so I tried to play it but all that came up was DayZ servers! Problem #1. I was able to temporarily bypass this by going to the filter and searching for Arma game types such as insurgency.. then problem #2 emerged. Apparently I use "modified game files" and it kicks me from every game. Problem #2. Then.. I had a good idea. I assumed by modified game files it meant that DayZ must've done something to them so it thought I was hacking or so. So I moved my entire ArmA2 + DayZ into a seperate folder under Bohemia Interactive then made a new ArmA 2 folder where I would install only ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead. After a day I finally finished patching it to 1.62.. launched it up.. nothing but DayZ servers! Why? There's not even any DayZ in this!

So, I filtered them out.. tried to join a server and.. what do you know.. I still have modified game files for some reason.

I really need help on this and I have not the slightest idea on how to fix it. ._. Any help given would be greatly appreciated...

If you need the exact text of the error message it gives me I can post it here and system specs if needed.

Just make sure the shortcuts you are using don't have any mod parameters in them.

Also, please use descriptive thread titles in the future

Alright, sorry. And I'm not using shortcuts, I clicked on the arma2oa.exe in the ArmA2 mainfolder. Where would I disable mod parameters? Can't find any under the properties when I right click it.. And how do I fix the "modified files" that kicks me from games? Or is that linked to my first problem..

Well, in the mean time I decided to copy down the code it gave me when it failed. There wasn't anywhere I copied and pasted it from that I could find.. so I wrote it down and then typed it in so there could be a typo or so but I think it's good.

"You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.fallujah_v1_0, ace_main, ace_sys_aitalk, ace_sys_playerhud, ace_sys_springload, ace_sys_tracking,

ace_sys_nvg, ace_sys_wounds, ace_sys_weapons, ace_sys_fastroping, acex_veh_stryker, ace_sys_ruck, acre_sys_radio, acex_veh_m1, fallujah_hou, ace_sys_arty_ammunition, ace_sys_arty_m119,

acex_usnavy_sys_repair, map_eu, ace_sys_arty_computers, ace_sys_crewserved, acex_c_weapon, acex_ru_c_weapon, acex_ru_sys_repair, acex_ru_veb_btr70, ace_sys_targets, acex_veh_t72"

EDIT: I tried playing ArmA 2 (not Operation Arrowhead) and it seemed to work fine. I played a round of Domination andeverything went smoothly. Then came back to Arrowhead and it did this again. :/ Seems to be only Arrowhead.. maybe DayZ modified it.

Note: Going to sleep as of this edit so I probably won't be back until maybe 12-14hours ish (Not going to be asleep that whole time, lol) So I won't be able to reply till then!

Edited by LeslieHapablap

These errors mean you had/have Fallujah and ACE installed and the server you want to play on does not or you are missing these files to play.

You really just have to see that you are not loading any mods. Are you using a launcher? Are there modfiles in your Arma 2 OA directory? Have you checked in the "expansions" menu in the game? DayZ can't cause this sort of error.

These errors mean you had/have Fallujah and ACE installed and the server you want to play on does not or you are missing these files to play.

You really just have to see that you are not loading any mods. Are you using a launcher? Are there modfiles in your Arma 2 OA directory? Have you checked in the "expansions" menu in the game? DayZ can't cause this sort of error.

Actually it means the opposite, that the mission that the server is playing requires those mods.

Ok, under the expansions section I have: Arma 2: British Armes Forces (Lite), Arma 2: Private Military Company (Lite), Arma 2: Army of the Czech Republic (Lite)[Downloaded this from supply depot on website], Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead.

When I started it up and checked Army of the Czech Republic was disabled so I enabled it, restarted, but didn't change anything.

Also, I tried joining many servers yesterday and I could not find one that did not kick me. Even if they had 0 people it kicked me out. I tried about 5 different servers (all Insurgency since I'm using a filter for DayZ). Then I tried joining more today.. the first two kicked me out however I was able to join three others but they all said I had "modified game files" and I had a red bar next to me instead of a blue one and it didn't kick me. These servers were empty anyways.

About my OA directoy... both ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead are installed into the same folder, that being ArmA2. Not sure if this is strange or wrong. I don't think I'm using a launcher. I just double click "arma2oa".. a box appears with more boxes in it that fills with checkmarks and then it starts the game. I'm not exactly sure where to check my "Arma 2 OA" directory.. I looked in the expansions area and under the properties of the "arma2oa" application but not sure where to find mod parameters or if I even have any. I haven't installed any mods on this I just installed it again from GamersGate in a new folder then tried to play it after patching.

EDIT: Getting a bit annoyed of having to use filters so I'm not spammed with DayZ. If I uninstall it and decide to reinstall it later, will those be gone?

Edited by LeslieHapablap

you're joining servers with mods you don't have, thats what the error is saying. the modified game files is a normal message but "You cannot play/edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted." this, if you read it. says you do not have the mods required.

Alright, sorry. And I'm not using shortcuts, I clicked on the arma2oa.exe in the ArmA2 mainfolder. Where would I disable mod parameters? Can't find any under the properties when I right click it.. And how do I fix the "modified files" that kicks me from games? Or is that linked to my first problem..

Guys im using arma 2 operation arrowhead and i use beta patch 1.63. and to play multiplayer i use gametracker. but i cant join it says user cant connect uses MODIFIED DATA FILES>>> PLSS HELP

Guys im using arma 2 operation arrowhead and i use beta patch 1.63. and to play multiplayer i use gametracker. but i cant join it says user cant connect uses MODIFIED DATA FILES>>> PLSS HELP

Did you change A2 to beta branch too? Does server use A2/A2OA beta too?

don't use the beta patchs its obsolete use your normal steam version of arrowhead