Sign in to follow this  
Qosmius

infantry Anti tank/Anti air to strong?

First of all it's in russian :P, but i've translated that(thank god for google). Second, Rafael already has already stated that they've created countermeasures for RPG-30, so it doesn't pose a threat anymore. Furthermore, if... in the future there will be a missile system that will counter the throphy system, then what's the point of it in the first place? Everyone would walk with it, and it will be the same all over again. The only way to do that is to act it a bit like flares(not that it will change the trajectory of the missile, but destroy it), it will have limited usage and the reflex of the user will be important.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/153102#.T0icm_WAna8

They exist the same ways other things exist. Nothing is ever truly dominant forever. You can bet anything that Rafael or a competitor is probably working on tech to defeat their system. There is a balance in arm dealing all that is needed is time.

noted disadvantages of trophy system

-Other problems include the fact that the system right now has no reloading capability. Once it fires, that side of the vehicle is vulnerable. Which brings up another shortcoming: the Trophy can only be mounted to protect one axis. This means officials would have to mount multiple missile systems on every vehicle. The Quick Kill missile has 360-degree capability and a reload capability.

Another worry is collateral damage, he said. “In a tight urban area, the Trophy system may take out the RPG, but we may kill 20 people in the process,†Sorenson said. “That is a concern we have that we haven’t fully evaluated.â€

this may be IS outdated :D As it stands from what I am reading Trophy is god. Or atleast against the weapons they were able to test it against.

Edited by Masharra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2IqZhonKzU

in this video they state that the trophy has very low chances for personell damage near the explosions and is not a real hazard for outside enviroment

less than 1% of personell injury

If you trust an ad like that I worry. Quote me some tech manuals or something closer to that. Eitherway current gen trophy systems have been upgraded massively.

i trust that ad more than all the internet generals here, just saying

Well the system itself might be safe for troops, but what about the rocket? :P

yes, that is probably why it is banned from the game since it is so harmful to the rockets

yes, that is probably why it is banned from the game since it is so harmful to the rockets

... rly? Where did you read that? I had in mind the fact that although the system might not kill any soldiers, the rocket itself being hit by the system might be dangerous to the troops around(although if it wouldn't be hit, then it might be even more dangerous :P).

Edit. Oh ok... you need to put a smiley at the end next time ;], it's internet.

Edited by Byku

it was a joke :P but yeah, isnt it better to have a disabled rocket than a live rocket? some missiles have a self check system that disables the arming if vital components are destroyed on them