Sign in to follow this  
rasdenfasden

Light vehicles?

I really miss the lighter than MRAP vehicles. You know, stuff like UAZs, Landrovers (Handovers!), technicals, Humvees, etc. The combination of high speed, high firepower and high vulnerability made them very fun vehicles to both use and fight against. They're all like, risky, and, like, stuff. The MRAPs with their protected crew and heavy armour just don't adequately replace them IMO.

Edited by RasdenFasden

I think this is due to the fact that light vehicles aren't used as much in recent conflicts due to the tactics recent combatants have adopted (IEDs), so vehicles like MRAPs are being deployed regularily instead of Humvees.

Having said that, I'd love to see a UAZ or similar in A3 again. Worst case scenario, I'm sure somebody could take the ArmA 1 UAZ Mlod and port it forward.

I really miss the lighter than MRAP vehicles. You know, stuff like UAZs, Landrovers (Handovers!), technicals, Humvees, etc. The combination of high speed, high firepower and high vulnerability made them very fun vehicles to both use and fight against. They're all like, risky, and, like, stuff. The MRAPs with their protected crew and heavy armour just don't adequately replace them IMO.

MRAPs with protected crew and heavy armor? wich version of arma 3 are you playing? the full realistic dream version that everyone wanna have? serioulsy the MRAPs are vehicles made of paper in arma 3,ramming a fence with 30 kmh engine down tires ripped off.I even coud destroy a MRAP with MK-200 with 120 shots the vehicle is resistant against IEDs and weapons up to 7.62 Dragunov.Or even better,i even killed a ifrit driver with a 9mm pistol with 2 shots right through the front window please dont use the word ARMORED VEHICLES in arma 3 they dont excist,it´s just a ilusion =)

Quad bikes with missle launchers... :yay: Just saying.

The french military had a moped with a built in rocket launcher that they were trained effectively to use...

Only problem with a mod is it screws over communities that play vanilla only..

Oh, I know. But we haven't seen any hints towards light recon vehicles in the game yet (no screenshots or videos have shown any so far).

If we had a good built-in addon syncing/downloading system, it wouldn't be hard for communities to play with some extra custom content.

Devs hinted several times about "legacy" content that never showed up anywhere before. Technicals are basic units for insurgents\guerilla style, doubtfull we won't see them.

And in the worst case scenario => Offroad + attachto + static weapon (another item we didn't saw so far).

Will be nice to see some SF light vehicles.Like HMMWV SOF or Recon LandRover form OA.

SF needs more stuff... AH-9 and Quadbikes isn't enough IMO.