Sign in to follow this  
afp

Fatigue effects

Just removing the blur it's not are decision. Need to polish stamina, the impact of weight, etc.

Do you read other posts here mate? But why wou think they must keep it? Why not just forced walk option? Simple, your character will slow down, like he is walking, until hes fit again for running...like in RL, no?

BTW, blur effect itself has nothing to do with RL really....

Maybe Im blurry when Im drunk

Yes i read the *other posts also.

With your solution (aka forcing player to walk) doesn't make him kinda *combat ineffective for a while-so you really missing the point here

Another +1 to existing system -although i m finding it annoying most of the times..it's the right thing

1) Blur disabled by default / linked to blur in video options

2) Blur optional

3) Fatigue to slow movement speed brought back

4) (Heavy) Weight to affect fatigue (more?)

5) Breathing sound turned down / made bearable

6) Instead heart beat sound introduced

7) Mass of magazines and weapons, and vest/uniform capacity tweaked

8) Optional shadows.

9) Optional grass.

Welcome to DayZ - representing honest pvp.

It would be great, to avoid optional gameplay features.

Edited by Anachoretes

Shadows are optional, grass is optional in some of the most popular game modes.

If you want to play with a more strict rule set, create it and play with it.

However don't force a no longer enjoyable experience on everyone.

8) Optional shadows.

9) Optional grass.

Welcome to DayZ - representing honest pvp.

It would be great, to avoid optional gameplay features.

You can force grass on in your server and maybe shadows also.

;2428026']1) Blur disabled by default / linked to blur in video options

2) Blur optional

7) Mass of magazines and weapons' date=' and vest/uniform capacity tweaked[/quote']

I agree with this wishlist.

;2428039']If you want to play with a more strict rule set' date=' create it and play with it.

[b']However don't force a no longer enjoyable experience on everyone.[/b]

If you are removing the more strict rule set you are forcing a no longer enjoyable experience on everyone aswell, but that's ok right?

8) Optional shadows.

9) Optional grass.

..so a player can disable all this things and have a cheat-like/unfair advantage over other players ja??

No..there is already a ticket fighting for justice and with proper support we will win

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=9715

If you are removing the more strict rule set you are forcing a no longer enjoyable experience on everyone aswell, but that's ok right?

I think the idea is "options". As in, set the option for your gameplay. Even so, sometimes even that is not enough as then some people complain that their optional preference is not the default :)

And so it goes on.

jackie+chan+my+brain+is+full+of+fuck+meme+blank+template+lol+wtf.jpg

Utter nonsense. Providing options allows you to play the way you enjoy the game.

Utter nonsense. Providing options allows you to play the way you enjoy the game.

Removing something or making it optional are 2 different things.

I think the idea is "options". As in, set the option for your gameplay. Even so, sometimes even that is not enough as then some people complain that their optional preference is not the default :) And so it goes on.

Indeed. But as long as the option is in general preferences, like "antialiasing" for example, it doesn't matter too much. Still, some want it enforced by the difficulty level, so all of us have it anyway. The common sense logic should be like: "Oh, you find this feature nice, even if some consider it a restriction or disturbing? Then you have the option to use it without affecting others".

From earlier in this thread:

Thanks Chortles. I had missed Dark's second post amid all the bickering.

;2428026']1) Blur disabled by default / linked to blur in video options

2) Blur optional

7) Mass of magazines and weapons' date=' and vest/uniform capacity tweaked[/quote']

This sounds pretty good. No forced walk for number 3) though, just slowed jog.

As I said earlier though with Smurf's suggestions, it is very hard to imagine what these changes would be like without actually play testing. Even if I saw what looked like the best suggestion ever, I would still need to play with it for a while to really know.

I think the idea is "options". As in, set the option for your gameplay. Even so, sometimes even that is not enough as then some people complain that their optional preference is not the default :)

And so it goes on.

Pretty much this, their 'respect' for "options" is lip service at best... and watching anyone try to justify it with "justice" is utterly laughable.

]1) Blur disabled by default / linked to blur in video options

2) Blur optional

7) Mass of magazines and weapons, and vest/uniform capacity tweaked

Don't forget increased sway and decreased hold breath time. And remeber that you don't have to even bet tired to be breathing heavy (weapon sway should be one of the earlier effects of fatigue)

Pretty much this, their 'respect' for "options" is lip service at best... and watching anyone try to justify it with "justice" is utterly laughable.

So true. Unfortunately I have been guilty of this, just never fully realized it until you pointed it out.

That was more in response to a certain someone's claim of "justice"... a term I find hilariously loaded.

I was talking about respect of "options" being lip service. When I suggest something be optional, I often don't really care if its optional or not (and I am sure I am not the only one), as long as I get what I wanted. I don't know who was "justifying with justice" but it does indeed sound silly.

What if fatigue will decrease the reloading time and aiming speed a bit. Or engine not allow to change the speed of the animation?

I am not sure about reloading animation but the dreaded negative mouse acceleration can be turned on via options - maybe introducing negative mouse acceleration to extremely fatigued solders could be a possible penalty. It sure would make me want to stay rested and drop the extra ammo especially in close quarters.

At this point I think the phrase "negative mouse acceleration" is verboten in certain circles within BI... :p

My thoughts on the Fatigue effects...

after about 30 seconds of running my player sounds as if he has just run a marathon.. and becomes incredibly slow..

I think the fatigue effects are actually pretty realistic right now