Sign in to follow this  
afp

Fatigue effects

I performed some tests to see how "realistic" the fatigue effects occurs in beta version.

The effect kicks in too soon, this is quite clear, blur and inability to run anymore, just to be clear ;)

Edited by Reuben5150

The flashing blur gives me motion sickness and headaches. I am forced to stop playing. Please remove it.

The flashing blur gives me motion sickness and headaches. I am forced to stop playing. Please remove it.

ahh here we go...

I don't like it..but they MUST keep it.

It's the only way to make the friggin' player to STOP for a while.

Everybody here screams for realism but..i never saw a player in a PvP match which he isn't Marathon runner.

FORCE THEM DASTERDS! :)

Do you read other posts here mate? But why wou think they must keep it? Why not just forced walk option? Simple, your character will slow down, like he is walking, until hes fit again for running...like in RL, no?

BTW, blur effect itself has nothing to do with RL really....

Maybe Im blurry when Im drunk

BTW, blur effect itself has nothing to do with RL really....

Maybe Im blurry when Im drunk

Maybe soldiers in arma 3 drink beer when they are tired? :P

Don't know what you are all complaining about. Soldiers in ArmaIII get realistic fatigue at the moment. I think they are very well fit, but realistic.

Things to consider:

Boots are not running shoes

Heavy equipment

Terrain is hard to move over

Steep hills

Also consider that you will quickly start to breath heavily even though you do not feeling tired. This is still a huge impact on aiming.

I have problems with fatigue effect and I feel nauseous after 1 hour game :(

I have problems with fatigue effect and I feel nauseous after 1 hour game :(

That is a legitimate reason, easily fixed by changing the visuals of fatigue. That does not mean soldiers should become less tired.

I hope the devs will make this work for all of us. I'm not suffering from the effect myself, but those who do must be taken seriously.

From earlier in this thread:

Thank you for all your feedback. We are currently trying to find out where is a core of this problem. Current version of fatigue effect is in the game since 7th may update. There were some changes after that date, but it was just tweaking of duty coeficient in animations (= how much is fatigue affected by given animation) and the effect itself is the same. There were only few negative reactions on the fatigue effect before beta release, but according to the number of negative reactions after beta release it seems that some new problem appeared.

That is the reason why I would like to ask you for cooperation and help. Could you please describe precisely what is the difference between the fatigue effect in the alpha and in the beta? Are/Were you using any mod which can affect postprocesses? Were you playing with disabled or low postprocesses before the beta? Could you please take some pictures or better videos of the fatigue effect in your game?

Thank you for your help :)

According to your feedback, it is obvious that there are more than just few players who doesn't like the visual fatigue effect. There are some options which have been formed by your feedback and our internal discussion. I can't say you what exactly is going to happen with that visual effect. Final solution depends on many variables (influence on gameplay, implementation time, etc.) and it wasn't decided yet. But we know about all this and it is probable that there will be some changes.

That is a legitimate reason, easily fixed by changing the visuals of fatigue. That does not mean soldiers should become less tired.

I hope the devs will make this work for all of us. I'm not suffering from the effect myself, but those who do must be taken seriously.

I can only play for 15min or so now because of this forced blur fatigue thing. It's extremely annoying to point where I close it and play something else. :mad:

Please change it BI.

please increase stamina of soldiers or at least add option to sprint like in ARMA 2.

In A1/A2/OA the movement speed is slowed down when you get exhausted (no anim change).

This is how it should work again in A3. No blur, no annoying breathing sound. It is a game and must remain enjoyable to play.

;2427746']In A1/A2/OA the movement speed is slowed down when you get exhausted (no anim change).

This is how it should work again in A3. No blur' date=' no annoying breathing sound. [b']It is a game and must remain enjoyable to play.[/b]

Enjoyment! Fun! What a revolutionary idea! I always thought boredom and overdone fatigue and difficulty simulation would drive up sales becuase there are so many sadistic endurance types around? ;)

Even more, I think the blur effect should be increased and also the dark vignete so the people embracing realism to belive even more that they are real soldiers.

Here it comes again, strawmen and arrogance. Yes people who want realism* are just crazies, this is not because they simply want more depth and challenge to an otherwise too simple shooter game of which there are dozens, this is because they are too lazy to join the army.

*Realism in this case - to prevent people from being a one man army. But hey if you want that you are just a lunatic who hates "fun"!

And fun of course is not a highly subjective term, it can only be what I say it can be.

Edited by metalcraze

metalcraze

Yes. And GM6 Lynx, this is what keeps the whole realism of the game. :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 10:41 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

] No blur, no annoying breathing sound

Probably, if you are sprinting fish.

Why not just go and play all those shooters you already have that give you exactly what you want? Nothing gives us what we want but ArmA (and a $500 VBS2), why cut out stuff that makes the game what it is simply because people refuse to adapt to the challenge?
Here it comes again, strawmen and arrogance. Yes people who want realism* are just crazies, this is not because they simply want more depth and challenge to an otherwise too simple shooter game of which there are dozens, this is because they are too lazy to join the army.

It's funny saying about me I'm arrogant after sending me to play other games because you have no other and it should be exactly how you want. And we all need to "adapt to challanges", all these 50 people saying that blur is bad and unrealistic while you alone had about 30 post in the last fatigue thread trying to convince all that these effects are great? You don't seems to be comfortable with the idea of a "blur option" either. How about a poll, so we can see how many people like it? After we "win", then we all need to go, because you don't have other game to play?

Sorry pal but this is only....funny :).

You're right, it DID come again, immediately in fact :) this is your normal behavior, you shouldn't berate others for using it.

Has anyone made any kind of lengthy study of the fatigue other than instantly getting totally fatigued and then insisting on staying in that state for as long as possible? I think I remember one poster doing something along that line... maybe I'll try it out for myself, see how "deep" the fatigue goes i.e. recent fatigue from rested vs long term fatigue after much exertion.

It's funny saying about me I'm arrogant after sending me to play other games because you have no other and it should be exactly how you want. And we all need to "adapt to challanges", all these 50 people saying that blur is bad and unrealistic while you alone had about 30 post in the last fatigue thread trying to convince all that these effects are great? You don't seems to be comfortable with the idea of a "blur option" either. How about a poll, so we can see how many people like it? After we "win", then we all need to go, because you don't have other game to play?

Sorry pal but this is only....funny :).

Here's another suggestion that may work in conjunction with Smurfs.

If BIS is thinking about implementing difficulty based savegame enforcement, why not do the same for everything else?

For example at Recruit there will be no fatigue effects (incl. no blur), minimum sway, minimum recoil so people can have all the power fantasy sandbox gaming they want / practice until they are pro at the game / whatever else!

But on difficulties above that Smurf's fatigue will work (incl. eventual walk enforcement if you carry way too much) just like all other things - sway, breathing etc etc

Just like it's done in DCS A-10C where the lowest difficulty enables you to play in full arcade mode. That way there will be no wars and bickering between "camps".

Add realistic features, but disable them for recruit. All problems and drama = gone.

Best middle ground you can possibly find.

As far as I can tell this suggestion is optional blur isnt it? If you dont like "adapting to challenges" play on recruit difficulty??? And because Metalcraze is the only one that is posting, doesnt mean that he is the only one who thinks the blur effect is great.

It's interesting to see that a dev overtly acknowledged post-beta-release disagreement with the fatigue implementation despite it having been in for over a month and a half before the beta) and in particular "it is obvious that there are more than just few players who doesn't like the visual fatigue effect", with feedback and internal discussion resulting in "some options", and announcing that changes would be "probable".

Not saying too much myself -- much less getting caught up in the drama above this post EDIT: Or below this post! -- considering that the heavy breathing sound is enough to get me to take a breather as-is. :p

Edited by Chortles

It's funny saying about me I'm arrogant after sending me to play other games because you have no other and it should be exactly how you want.

So basically when you told me to go and wait for mods because you want the game to be played your way - it's ok. But when I posted a legitimate argument of ArmA being the only game that fits what I want vs. dozens of alternatives for you - it's of course not ok. Disregard 12 years of how the series was too.

And we all need to "adapt to challanges", all these 50 people saying that blur is bad and unrealistic while you alone had about 30 post in the last fatigue thread trying to convince all that these effects are great?

Maybe you should check what you are talking about first? I'm the guy who said the blur should be removed and different, non visual kind of anti-exploit be put in its place.

Sometimes I wonder if there's any correlation between people playing arcade shooters and not being able to form even a basic argument that isn't filled with stuff cut out of context, personal attacks and lies.

well i like, the blur effect, and the fatigue concept in general. i believe there must be a fatigue system as in resource that you use from necessity and is taken seriously.

when i play i hardly ever experience the blur effect, only when i need to sprint to cover when i'm caught out in the open and even then after 5 seconds blur is gone, so i don't see your problems with fatigue, unless you are sprinting all the time. and if you ask me that's your fault and not games fault.

While you are at it, why don't you go full auto on a rock and come back and complain there is ammunition problem, because you can't pace yourself?

I'm sure people are not against any visual and sound manifestations of fatigue in the game.

After all, we don't want to have a colored bar in the game for that? Who needs this rhetoric.

From my own experience, I know that after a long cross, or short sprint I get dark in the eyes of the periphery(and blood beating in the ears). This is a normal reaction to overload the circulatory system. Also, I hear my breathing. That's the argument.

Someone's desire have no effect, so the game is trying to show how it "really is".

Edited by Anachoretes

I'm the guy who said the blur should be removed and different...

Since you want the blur removed too, I don't find an object of our discussion anymore. I don't find any anyway, since you seem to be unable to have a decent conversation so I won't answer anymore to your specific posts.

I'm sure people are not against any visual and sound manifestations of fatigue in the game.

After all, we don't want to have a colored bar in the game for that? Who needs this rhetoric.

From my own experience, I know that after a long cross, or short sprint I get dark in the eyes of the periphery. This is a normal reaction to overload the circulatory system. Also, I hear my breathing. That's the argument.

This makes sense -- the call isn't necessarily for no visual fatigue effect, just not this one, the current implementation.