Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

Dust Storm Composer WIP

Don't sandstorms mess up thermal equipment because of the eat generated by colliding sand particles?

WOW! this is what I expected the built in bis_fnc_sandstorm to look, but there is no comparison - good job.

Is this all a random 'living system' like weather and can it be scripted from within a mission like the current weather control as well?

Will it be added to the editor weather control (maybe a tough call there)?

thanks

-its not entirely clear yet if this is going to become an addon on its own of if this is going to be implemented into another mod.

Don't sandstorms mess up thermal equipment because of the eat generated by colliding sand particles?

Thats an interessting point, i never really intended to make this mod work at night/with fancy optics, any further tweaking or functional upgrade that was possible and within range of knowledge or resources could be applied at one point in the future.

Right now i am only intending to implement the addon in a specific multiplayer mission of a pvp mod that is in beta phase atm.

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

-its not entirely clear yet if this is going to become an addon on its own of if this is going to be implemented into another mod.

Of course it's always YOUR choice..but why to 'detain' such a beautiful-atmosphere-enhancing mod to one specific gamemode?

Community's flexibility will lose by such decision.. ;/

id be more than happy to share this with anyone interessted in using it, though there are still some technical hurdles to overcome on which i need help, and eventually neither for me nor for anyone it would be relevant if this becomes a mod on its own or a module in some other effects addon or something... as it seems at the moment the first playable glimpse you will get at this will be a certain mission in a multiplayer pvp mod.

i have been waiting for a mod like this! makes a lot o difference in a mission!!!The video looks really nice!

Dust goes from right to left, smoke goes the other way?

all particles will be sensitive to wind direction. not yet fully implemented, so sometimes particle movements can be a bit contradicting at times... :)

I was like "Hey, you know what this is a good mod for? TacBF!... Oh wait.. nevermind"

good to hear fabio. Will be very good for more atmosphere. are the clouds not better if they are bigger like on your first picture? :P

This looks really cool. Gives me a lot of scripting ideas.

This is awesome, i really wanted to see some different kind of weather possibilities. I am curious though, if your able to do multiple weather instances, other than just dust storm, maybe have other options as well.

I'm using a script I tore out of the old NIM's old A2 weather mod (which I haven't even converted from .sqs to .sqf... I have no shame).

Very keenly awaiting yours, Fabio_Chavez.

Damn dude... I lived in Saudi Arabia for 16 years.... This reminds me of home... Great Job!!!! but... can you make a sand storm thats some what light but really ORANGE!!!... honestly I have been in these and they look more Orange-Brown than Brown-Orange.... the thicker the sand= the more dark / brown... the less thick = more orange /brown

Wow - please add snow as well, so we can have a blizzard/snowstorm in winter (mountainous) maps

Fabio..

I m sure you have thought about about it but..make sure there aren't conflicts between Blastcore

and (maybe) keep the performance hit as-low-as-possible.

Bring it to us please. :)

thank you for your interesst guys, but i got to ask you for patience, i havent been doing any work on this project since the last update.

i learned a few more things about lighting in the meantime that should be helpfull for creating a convoncing duststorm environment and i am dedicated to get something out eventually but please dont expect this to be released any time soon.

When i finished my current project, i will pick up the duststorm project again and post some updates. :popup:

This can be a game changer for the ground units. This is probberly gonna go on my downloading list.