Sign in to follow this  
fabio_chavez

Dust Storm Composer WIP

Dust storm impending...

sangin_custom.jpg

1080p FS

WIP Impressions

Edited by Fabio_Chavez

That's just pure awesome! Man, now all we need is some good looking Afghan-style maps or at least some of the A2 ones ported over by the creators and throw this in. :)

Will the dirt actually hit the player and cause almost a no visibly fog effect? maybe some dusty (blurry but NOT to blurry) vision?

@atast: thx! :)

@yokahanan: all old afghan/destert style maps are available for A3 via AllinArma mod, the video is recorded on afghan village for example, the A2 islands are both, looking and running much better in Arma3 now and (given a certain artistic quality) the maps are still perfectly good looking and fit!

@Evenlease: the density of the Dust is adjustable up until the point where you can litterally not see your own hand anymore. the dust also changes its color according to sun angle...

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/612769210795174115/02538668AA831AC9A65FA9D86EA3333E027ACA37/ Image >100kb

Edited by Alex72
Image too large in size

Sweet! Can't wait to test it!

PS: Idk why, but that picture is sooo calming down... :D Wheat fields, sun, bright colors, trees...

Edited by Brain

@Fabio_Chavez that is looking awesome, keep up the great work :)

This looks great! Can't wait to try this!

Looking good, hopefully you can find someone to help make the "dust wall" as well!

Looks awesome. Great work ! :cool:

@Dissaifer: the dust wall would be awesome, atm i am not working on the addon but when i done with the lighting stuff im going to polish up the particle effects... maybe i can find someone who is more fit with particle effect to help and see whats possible in arma 3!

Very happy to know this is "still" alive :)

Enhances "atmosphere" SO much..

WOW! this is what I expected the built in bis_fnc_sandstorm to look, but there is no comparison - good job.

Is this all a random 'living system' like weather and can it be scripted from within a mission like the current weather control as well?

Will it be added to the editor weather control (maybe a tough call there)?

thanks