Sign in to follow this  
FredTche

Bringing editor missions from alpha to dev beta

I was hyped with the beta content in the development build, so I changed my Arma to development through Steam. However, once I started using the editor in the devlopment beta, I found out that my missions had disappeared. I tried to solve this by copying one of the missions' files from documents/Arma 3 Alpha/missions. Once I did that, the mission showed up in the development beta, but when I tried opening it, I received the following message: "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.A3_Boat_F_Speedboat, a3_soft_f_hunter, A3_Air_F_MH9, a3_air_f_ka60". Why did this happen and how can I fix this? I heard that BIS was changing class names for beta and I guess my problem is related to this. Something similar had already happend to another mission of mine after a previous update, but I just gave up on it. The difference in this case is that think my bugged mission is very good so far and I want to finish it.

Try opening the mission file (mission.sqm) and replace the old (wrong) classnames with the new correct ones. If it's not too much work just remove the old ones and place your units/cars again in the editor. Worked for me.

The changes are listed in the dev branch topic.

I suck at scripting and know nothing about it. I managed to open the SQMin a note pad, but only found the classnames for the KA60 (a3_air_f_ka60) and MH9 (A3_Air_F_MH9). Then, when I went to the dev branch topic in the forums, I only found classnames for the MH9 and they were different from the ones in my SQM:

•MH9_Base_F -> Heli_Light_01_base_F

•B_MH9_F -> B_Heli_Light_01_F

Should I change the old classname? For which new one? What should I do about the missing ones?

I suck at scripting and know nothing about it. I managed to open the SQMin a note pad, but only found the classnames for the KA60 (a3_air_f_ka60) and MH9 (A3_Air_F_MH9). Then, when I went to the dev branch topic in the forums, I only found classnames for the MH9 and they were different from the ones in my SQM:

Should I change the old classname? For which new one? What should I do about the missing ones?

Neither. Go here instead. (its on the same page as this thread!)

Converting-Alpha-Missions-to-run-in-Beta

Dingo-J will have a utility available shortly that will convert your mission for you. Check in the above thread.

Edited by Beerkan
The spelling Bee told me to.

Neither. Go here instead. (its on the same page as this thread!)

Converting-Alpha-Missions-to-run-in-Beta

Dingo-J will have a utility available shortly that will convert your mission for you. Check in the above thread.

Editor is done! Just waiting for moderator to approve my post. If you would like to give it a go you can certainly PM me, but hopefully the post will be visable soon (following the link Keerkan posted above).

Thanks for the help, guys! I used Dingo-J's mission converter and now it works properly in the beta. Congratulations on your new tool!