Sign in to follow this  
Macadam Cow

DCS Flaming Cliff 3 Update

Great news for all the present an future FC3 owners !

Later this year, we will offer:

A-10A: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-25: DCS Flaming Cliffs

F-15C: DCS Flaming Cliffs

Su-27: DCS Flaming Cliffs

These modules will feature:

1- Detailed 3D model (high polygon / high res textures)

2- 6 DOF cockpit

3- Advanced Flight Model (AFM)

4- Same level of cockpit system detail as the Lock On: Flaming Cliffs aircraft

We plan to release each at $19.99 USD.

We are releasing these modules for the following reasons:

1- It allows users access to these aircraft that do not own, or want to own, Lock On.

2- It allows users to buy just the aircraft they are interested in, without having to purchase the full Flaming Cliffs product.

3- It allows us to make these aircraft available to a much larger audience on Steam, Origin, GameFly and other digital retailers.

These updated FC3 aircraft will be made available for FREE to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers.

Other FC3 aircraft will be improved as well (like the Su-27, Su-25, F-15C and A-10A). When they are further along, we will discuss them.

We will develop a balance of lighter "DCS Flaming Cliffs" modules with more detailed/realistic "DCS" modules. The "DCS Flaming Cliffs" modules allow us to develop the more detailed "DCS" titles in a more iterative way. As such, we will continue to develop detailed simulation like A-10C. The next such "DCS" title will be F/A-18C.

Their summer sales is on until 30 june

DCS: UH-1H Huey - $19.99

DCS: Combined Arms – $11.99

DCS: P-51D Mustang – $15.99

DCS: Black Shark 2 - $15.99

DCS: Black Shark 2 Upgrade – $11.99

DCS: A-10C Warthog – $15.99

DCS: A-10C Warthog 1.1.0.7 (English DVD box) – $15.99

DCS: Black Shark (DVD box) – $15.99

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 3 – $29.99

DCS: Black Shark – $7.99

Did I just read F/A-18?! Oh damn, now they got me interested....

I own the very first Lock on^^ (impossible to fly without Joystick, so I didn´t really play it that much)

Did I just read F/A-18?! Oh damn, now they got me interested....

I own the very first Lock on^^ (impossible to fly without Joystick, so I didn´t really play it that much)

Indeed you did - more carrier ops 4tw :D

Unfortunately, Joystick (and preferably HOTAS) required to really appreciate it.

Edited by BangTail

I couldn't resist buying the Huey yesterday at only $19.99 'bout 12 quid but its so hard to fly lol. Been flying the A10c but every time I go back to it I have to learn all over again. Such a learning curve...

Indeed you did - more carrier ops 4tw :D

Unfortunately, Joystick (and preferably HOTAS) required to really appreciate it.

Well they could have made Lock on work with M+K (My first real flight sim was F/A-18

4238-4-f-a-18-hornet-3.jpg

and I played that with M+K, that´s where the sudden intesrest comes from^^) but somehow they really messed up the y-Axis for Lock on if you were using a mouse you really had to fight the stick....

Edited by Tonci87

They are selling FC3 in parts now again? Typical way of ED marketing.

These updated FC3 aircraft will be made available for FREE to Flaming Cliffs 3 customers.

Came here to post a thread about the sale. I would get UH-1 but I am too short on money at the moment. :p

There is some good and some bad (or unclear). The good is that for those 4 aircraft, an install of the original LOMAC is no longer required. Everyone who owns FC3 gets them. The bad is the MIG-29A/G/S and Su-33 are up in the air at this point. Will they get updated up to the F-15C/A-10A standard? If they do will FC3 users be forced to buy them at $20 a piece?

I do fly both the MIG-29S and Su-33 frequently so I would like to see them updated, but I do not feel like paying for them a 5th time. Especially since that is why I bought the FC3 during the beta period - to get them updated and integrated into World.

lol, honestly how can people say there's anything bad in that news ?

Give an inch...

On ED's store this is what people are promised to get when they buy FC3 :

- A DCS World module that is compatible with DCS titles.

- New 6 degrees of freedom (6DOF) cockpit and model for the F-15C.

- New F-15C campaign and single missions.

- Improved cockpit art for Russian aircraft.

- Improved landing dynamics.

- Improved flight dynamics for air-to-air missiles.

- Updated and improved HUDs and other cockpit systems.

- Resource Manager that adds logistics control to missions.

- Expanded theatre of operations map into eastern Georgia.

- Countless other improvements in the areas of the mission editor, special effects, new models, improved terrain detail and AI.

Never ED talked about aircraft AFM or other 3D pits.

All that is offered on a silver plate for the FC3 owners...Seriously there's nothing else to say except "thanks a lot !"

Edited by Macadam Cow

That is out dated information. They increased the price by $10 when they advertised they were going to add additional new upgrades to FC3 such as:

- New cockpits for the Su-25, A-10A and Su-27

- New radar mode for the MIG-29S

- Advanced flight model for the A-10A

- Various other fixes for those aircraft

- Inclusion of an advanced 3D model for the F-15C and Su-27

Things like the expanded theater and improved graphics are moot as you get those free with DCS World or already paid for them when you bought other DCS modules. Essentially, FC3 users are not getting anything we were not already guaranteed and had already paid for. It would simply have been a very poor and distasteful business decision for us to buy FC3 and then charge us again to get the same aircraft as standalone.

The $40 (pre-order price) or $50 price we paid was not for the F-15C, it was for the F-15C, A-10A, MIG-29A/G/S, Su-25, Su-27 and Su-33. My question is what happens with the MIG-29s and Su-33? Part of the reason we bought FC3 was so we could play those aircraft. For many such as myself it will be our 5th time we are paying to continue playing these if they do indeed charge us $20 for the MIG-29 and Su-33. And I would hope if they do decide to charge us for the MIG-29, they will include the A/G/S at $20 and not charge us $20 for each variant.

I have a question for FC3 owners: do Su-25s still have no invulnerability mode?

That is out dated information. They increased the price by $10 when they advertised they were going to add additional new upgrades to FC3 such as:

- New cockpits for the Su-25, A-10A and Su-27

- New radar mode for the MIG-29S

- Advanced flight model for the A-10A

- Various other fixes for those aircraft

- Inclusion of an advanced 3D model for the F-15C and Su-27

Things like the expanded theater and improved graphics are moot as you get those free with DCS World or already paid for them when you bought other DCS modules. Essentially, FC3 users are not getting anything we were not already guaranteed and had already paid for. It would simply have been a very poor and distasteful business decision for us to buy FC3 and then charge us again to get the same aircraft as standalone.

The $40 (pre-order price) or $50 price we paid was not for the F-15C, it was for the F-15C, A-10A, MIG-29A/G/S, Su-25, Su-27 and Su-33. My question is what happens with the MIG-29s and Su-33? Part of the reason we bought FC3 was so we could play those aircraft. For many such as myself it will be our 5th time we are paying to continue playing these if they do indeed charge us $20 for the MIG-29 and Su-33. And I would hope if they do decide to charge us for the MIG-29, they will include the A/G/S at $20 and not charge us $20 for each variant.

What did you exspected, this Business model started when they sold us the Black Shark patch as BS2...or no, it started when they sold us Flaming cliffs a second time as Flaming Cliffs 2, you know that update where they removed the crimea and added that boring part of Georgia.

For me the complete removal of Crimean infrastructure is just silly.