Sign in to follow this  
toiletguy

Switching weapons

That's... that's just beautiful.

So Sniperwolf572 can do this in several days but BI can't?

I think BIS got alot to do in their queue , so they dont want to waste time on some small features

and i dont think it is impossible to do like Smookie said - see Sniperwolf572 concept

I'm using Shift+1 to switch between handgun/rifle and Shift+2 for launchers. This would greatly improve the experience for ArmA players.

:whistle:

Less instant and more appropriate now, yeah? Still a bunch of things to do, but ahem, engine limitations. :D

Apart from the little leg spasm that happens that I believe I can override, it even looks neat.

Awesome work!

I'm using Shift+1 to switch between handgun/rifle and Shift+2 for launchers. This would greatly improve the experience for ArmA players.

good idea. will try this.

Would've been handy just a minute ago to be able to move while taking out my sidearm instead of standing in the corner like a moron and get full of holes :D

Splendid work Sniperwolf572! You made a dream of mine come true, thank you.

Now we need BI to properly implement this into the final game. :)

[/color]Here is the comparison. Time is about the same, except that when moving it appears that you can fire a bit earlier because i'm not standing in place. Reverse switch is for example, in the same way slower. But that's besides the point anyway for a proof of concept. Tweaking can happen later if this ends up actually being an addon. Weapon holding animations have now been blended in as well.

Nice. Can you also do something about the footstep sound that's playing when switching weapons stationary? Since Arma2 it's been irking me crazy. Why are footstep sounds playing when you switch weapons stationary? Doesn't make sense.

I guess in itself that is worth a Ticket.

Getting Gold for all challenges is possible. Ive gotten gold for all stations but with this mod, its gonna be a breeze through those challenges! Keep up the great work! I actually have a suggestion, instead of slinging the rifle to your back, the player could drop his rifle down and draw his pistol, the animation already exists. you could use the animation from using the binoculars. Or port it over from SMK animations with the authors permission. Soldiers drop their rifle down and draw their pistols during rifle to pistol combat drills IRL.

just like this

Nope I just wondered why it's a major priority for dayzzzzz and not for arma, a long requested feature btw by those who support this company for years. Yet the bandwagoners get it, we probably won't... Lovely

Does this answer your question ?

Nope I just wondered why it's a major priority for dayzzzzz and not for arma, a long requested feature btw by those who support this company for years. Yet the bandwagoners get it, we probably won't... Lovely

Does this answer your question ?

Yes, but it doesn't change the fact that they are different projects with different leads with different priorities. And considering we got this the other day in regards to the issue at hand:

[snip] ... switching between action sets via gesture is impossible at the moment. As always, slight chance this gets attention in one of the patches.
Well problem is that the way the gestures work now is that they have to begin and end in the same pose since they are simply masks over regular states. If the actionset changed along with the gesture that would bring possibility of implementing this smoothly straight into engine...

I wouldn't say it's off the table.

You're giving no credibility to yourself by adapting that tone of writing. The "those who support this company for years" seems to be the go to argument for whining when things are not as one would like, instead of proper reasoning, feedback and dialogue which was time and time again shown to yield results. Considering I just might fall into that circle of "those who support this company for years" it's very annoying to see you voicing for all of us with such arrogance.

Arrogant maybe, disappointed surely

Being disappointed at something that's in development and giving good signs of it changing is akin to being disappointed by a toddler because he/she can't talk yet.

You know DayZ got TOP priority because they got huge fan base/customers /zombie lovers/

it is a shame - when Rocket and arma 3 team cant cooperate in some features , since Rocket obviously defends his Dayz

Being disappointed at something that's in development and giving good signs of it changing is akin to being disappointed by a toddler because he/she can't talk yet.

+1.

Arrogant maybe, disappointed surely

This feature is wanted by all, and I understand the frustation; but don't be dissapointed, despite some flaws Arma 3 is shaping to be great, we can't say the same of Dayz...

I know a lot of zombie lovers that are going to be really dissapointed.

Edited by Down8