Sign in to follow this  
RobbieX27

Alpha/ Beta causing my internet to disconnect

This is a really strange problem which i'm getting. Basically my internet is fine until i join a multiplayer game on ARMA 3. On receiving data etc it will disconnect my Skype call and my PC will lose internet connection. I really have no idea why and have tried disabling my firewall and anti virus to sort it out but the problem persists. Anyone got any ideas?

I am getting exactly the same thing. I cant ever get in to any games. Receiving data, then i get no message for 10secs/20secs etc. Then I find I cant load any webpages, TS or anything for a little while after. My internet is fine. Its this game thats causing something. Im with Zen Internet.

It's a really strange problem. Hopefully someone can help us out :/

This is a very strange problem and I know what you're talking about. It happened for me in Arma 2 for one month when I tried to join a game the internet crashed in a minute but all other games worked fine. Bad news is that I got no idea how it got fixed because suddenly I could play again and I haven't got that problem afterwards.

This is not uncommon for poorly coded server browsers. Typically what is happening (in laymans terms, I'm not a networking guy) is that as a game tries to ping all these servers quickly it overloads your router. It's usually only really a problem for users with older routers trying to play games with poorly coded server browsers.

It doesn't sound exactly like the same problem, but they sound similar. Maybe that will help you guys nail it down. :(

I dont have an old router though. It's a Virgin one which is probably why. They are the worst ISP i've ever known.

I have a relatively new Draytek router. The alpha worked fine when it came out. I had no problems. Just the most recent alpha and now dev build that I cant get past "receiving data"

I have this problem too!! I contacted my provider who checked everything even cables and all is fine. Strange problem

I had this problem in my case it turned out to be sixupdater that would cut my connection.

Could be UDP Flood detection that is kicking in. Try configuring an exception for Arma 3 (or test by turning off flood detection).

Could be UDP Flood detection that is kicking in. Try configuring an exception for Arma 3 (or test by turning off flood detection).

you sir are a genius. I had UDP Flood defense enabled on the firewall. Disabled this and maps are loading instantly now. Many many thanks for this