Sign in to follow this  
Pierref1992

Invisible Model Through Glass

I'm making one of my first models with Oxygen 2. The problem is that I can't see the model when I look through glass (for exemple I place it inside a supermarket in chernarus and I can see through thos windows). I've tried a lots of different solutions such as select the faces and sort alpha, move to top and such. Also I changed a lot of options in the rvmat files but it didn't change that. I've got nohq and smdi textures for the model, I tried apllying an AS but it didn't change anything either. Hope someone can help me :) Thx

one what is this model expose to do... what is it... and what you are saying is when you look through the window of the supermarket.. not the window(if any... of your model)... ? correct?

but you can see it when u stand infront of it without the glass?

Yes I can see it when I stand in front of it. The model is just an ATM, no animations, it's just "sitting" there.

The window is the one of the supermarket, not the one of my model (don't have any on it).

I believe the issue is from not having a view geometry LOD if I am not mistaken. Try building one of those in the model, and then see if that fixes it.

I've tried the view geometry LOD and it doesn't work :/

I also tried some mods and I can see those objects through glass so it's clearly mine that doesn't work :(

I've tried the view geometry LOD and it doesn't work :/

I also tried some mods and I can see those objects through glass so it's clearly mine that doesn't work :(

Are you sure your viewgeolod was created with convex components and the components were validated?

You might try saving a copy of your scene and selecting the faces in your resolution lod and choosing

faces/move to bottom

as an experiment.

I've made convex components but I'm not sure what you mean by "validated". I also tried move to bottom on my resolution LODs but it didn't work.

Thanks for the link, it might always be helpuf ;) Unfortunatly I tried a few and it didn't change anything.

Also I "un-linked" the texture with the model and I can now see the grey model through the window. It might not be the models but the texture. For information: I use a "super" as pixel shader in my rvmat and I made SMDI and NOHQ textures for the model.

What's the full name of the diffuse texture you use and does it have information in the alpha channel?

Thanks for the link, it might always be helpuf ;) Unfortunatly I tried a few and it didn't change anything.

Also I "un-linked" the texture with the model and I can now see the grey model through the window. It might not be the models but the texture. For information: I use a "super" as pixel shader in my rvmat and I made SMDI and NOHQ textures for the model.

Hmmm...what happens if you apply a plain black texture?

I've made convex components but I'm not sure what you mean by "validated". I also tried move to bottom on my resolution LODs but it didn't work.

structure/convexity/find non-convexities

To make sure your components are indeed convex.

Select non-convex components and do

structure/convexity/component convex hull

To create some convex hulls over ones that aren't convex. Then you have to make sure you double check that didn't break your components by crossing faces or other weird stuff.

Then, identify your convex components to the program using

structure/topology/find components

Did you try changing the alpha priority of your object? This is an alpha problem you're experiencing, so manipulating the face alpha would probably be a good area of exploration.

What's the full name of the diffuse texture you use and does it have information in the alpha channel?

I don't really know what you mean by this. The texture I made were the _co.paa, _smdi.paa and _nohq.paa. Didn't do anything about any alpha channel...

Also, I tried the component convexity like you said but it didn't make the model appear. I also tried messing with the alpha priority but that didn't work either.

I also tried the plain black texture but that wasn't working.

I have the same issue with my model... i just noticed xD... one of my boat models with a glass window behind him... but i can see the model behind... just that its not textured... its like grey/white... we might have the same problem... hahaha

but i just used some regular .jpeg files of some army camo fro the boat exterior

ill test a few things to see if it works

Did you try setting the alpha priority of the faces of your object as I suggested earlier?

I should say that the thing not appearing behind an alpha plane is an alpha sorting problem. One would want to eliminate as many alpha sorting factors as possible.

Not for nothing, but I've noticed this with vanilla Arma 2 objects, as well.

If it happens on vanilla objects as well, the problem would be with the glass pane.

I have the same issue with my model... i just noticed xD... one of my boat models with a glass window behind him... but i can see the model behind... just that its not textured... its like grey/white... we might have the same problem... hahaha

but i just used some regular .jpeg files of some army camo fro the boat exterior

ill test a few things to see if it works

select the glass, go to faces and click move to top. Must be repeated everytime you changed something behind the glass.

select the glass, go to faces and click move to top. Must be repeated everytime you changed something behind the glass.

You are absolutely right, Thank you very much !