Sign in to follow this  
PartyHead

Will Arma 3 have fast roping ?

Don't know if I imagined it or not but I'm sure I read somewhere awhile ago that BIS would be introducing fast roping into Arma 3.

Is that still true or false. :confused:

Please say its true. :smileee:

That was walked-back by Ivan last year at Gamescom 2012, there's an Gamescom 2012 report by Old Bear at ArmedAssault.info about this.

One of the biggest things for me in the franchise is fast roping. The reason I bought ArmA on the spot was because I was at the store, saw fast roping on the box, and bought it. So the first mod I always shoot for is fast roping.

I see that it says "Fast-roping will be sported by the engine". Does this mean it will be in the game, or will it still need to be modded, and its "supported".

And while i know fast roping isn't common anymore because of the risks, it is still used from time to time, and I love using it for rough terrain insertions.

If I remember correctly, there are currently no plans to implement rope physics. Ivan talked about it last year and said it's not on the to-do-list. I hope the whole PhysX engine is modding-friendly because it doesn't seem like it is...

Just found these couple of post in the "Arma 3: Confirmed features | info & discussion"

Doesn't look like fast roping has made it into the game, but i guess they might always change there minds down the track and add it later.

Rappelling on down buildings would be cool. Managed to HALO onto the roof of the hospital, would be nice to be able to get down there by rope...

Just saying ;)

Rappelling on down buildings would be cool. Managed to HALO onto the roof of the hospital, would be nice to be able to get down there by rope...

Just saying ;)

Would be even more fun on the Collector Towers at the Solar Farms, could almost base jump those.

Fastroping?

Yes, I want it too!

This + shooting from the vehicles.

If we have fast roping, we should also have the ability to drop lines for guys to grab onto and be lifted out. Hey, they used this quite regularly on SOG and LRRP missions in Vietnam!

If we have fast roping, we should also have the ability to drop lines for guys to grab onto and be lifted out. Hey, they used this quite regularly on SOG and LRRP missions in Vietnam!

You mean SPIE rigs? That would be awesome. :)

Edited by Laqueesha

Fastroping?

Yes, I want it too!

This + shooting from the vehicles.

What about shooting while fastroping? That's a whole new level huh?

But it doesn't seems it will be official and even if PhysX objects (such as ropes) will be avaible.

Fast roping, i believe nothing difficult considering it was very well implemented in Take on Helicopters, +1 for fast rope

You mean SPIE rigs? That would be awesome. :)

ah yes, thanks mate...thats the one. I knew it was a rig of some sort however I couldn't remember the name. Used alot in Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam.

Whether or not its "implementation" in Modern Warfare 2 is anywhere near worth recounting ( :P) its dialogue also uses the "SPIE" acronym.

if not SPIE rigging than atleast rope ladders, could certainly be useful extracting personnel from the water/ rooftops:)

ah yes, thanks mate...thats the one. I knew it was a rig of some sort however I couldn't remember the name. Used alot in Laos/Cambodia/Vietnam.

That would be cool. Imagine, you're in a hot situation, helo comes in, you hook up, and fly to safety! :)

+1 vote for fastroping;)

Guess it would be a benifit both for players and the developers - trailer with fastroping will be a revolution in arma series.

I guess all you "fast roping" guys never used ACE with ArmA 2?

The feature exists, and my old clan used to use it a lot...

The "ropes" came in different lengths even, but they were stiff as a board animation wise and more like a "fast pole" lol!

I'd love to see it back with say...ACE 3?

Only this time have some PhysX in them ropes ;)

Edited by Ash712

and more like a "fast pole" lol!

Totally ROFL :D

I'd love to see it back with say...ACE 3?

Only this time have some PhysX in them ropes ;)

Yea..i hope ACE3 will be out eventually..and implement phyX to poles *eer!* Ropes