it currently destroys buildings within a certain radius, resulting in damage to players that are near and death to players in buildings. one issue I had tho is that the building destruction creates its own particle effects after a delay and would overwrite the bombs due do the bomb using near cap. so I had to make the building destruction happen a second or two before the bomb goes off which results in it not looking as real as it could. the particle list has lots of debris/rubble/shards that im going to go back and put in.

is there some way to disable particle effects created during building destruction without a mod?

i know i could just make a script to remove a building and replace it with its destruction model without actually damaging the building.

but that would result in a large amount of extra vehicles created for the small effect of not having a particle effect created.

I meant to add the window exploding script in a larger radius: First a zone where everything is destroyed and then a zone where you have smaller damages. I had a lot of issues with massive destruction of buildings, mostly because of performance issues and not because of the particle cap though...The only solution I see is to make it happen later in the zone where everything explode/dies since no one will really see what's going on because of your blast effect I guess? And then in the zone where players are likely to survive and see the destruction, try to add a little delay between each destruction. You can also play with BIS_fnc_destroyCity (I think it does not destroy everything but it could be nice looking)...I wonder how it works in the nuke script from arma 2? Maybe there was way less particles involved? Anyway, you should create a topic specifically for your issue as I am afraid I won't be of any help!

PS: Will you be releasing this nice little bomb :) ?

["\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\HitEffect.p3d",4,0,16,0],

["\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\UnderWaterSmoke.p3d",4,0,16,0],

here are some updated values,

I think the rest are good unless you wanted to do some custom fire effect that sits still and flickers through an animation.

I made the bomb as more of a visual effect then an actual bomb.

im not going to release it as a bomb. ill put it in a mission that will run it serverside for people to enjoy eventually.

is there some way to disable particle effects created during building destruction without a mod?

No, you need a mod for this.

also, does anyone know how to get circle effects to spawn above the ground.

i have no problem getting regular particle effects to spawn at a specified height, but with circles it seems to disregard z and just use the xy values.

What about this one? You can try it out, to make a circle.

_angle = 0;
_radium = 5 + (ceil (random 2));
_DropAngle = 15;               
_a = _BulletPos select 0;
_b = _BulletPos select 1;
_LifeTime = 4;
for [{_x = 0},{_x <= 360},{_x = _x + _DropAngle}] do {
                             _angle = _angle + _DropAngle;
                              drop [["\A3\data_f\cl_basic.p3d", 1, 0, 1], "", "Billboard", 1, _lifeTime, [(_a + ((sin _angle)*_radium)), (_b + ((cos _angle)*_radium)), 0], [0, 0, 0.1], 0, 10, 7.9, 0.075, [1.2, 2, 3], [[251/255, 232/255, 174/255, 0.2], [251/255, 232/255, 174/255, 0.1], [251/255, 232/255, 174/255, 0]], [0.08], 1, 0, "", "", ""];
                              };

_BulletPos means the center pos

_DropAngle means the number of particles, it relys on the devidend of a circle.

Rays to heaven:

_object = _this select 0;

_PS = "#particlesource" createVehicle getPos _object;

_PS setParticleCircle [0, [0, 0, 0]];

_PS setParticleRandom [0, [0.25, 0.25, 0], [0.175, 0.175, 0], 0, 0.25, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];

_PS setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\rainbow", 1, 0, 1], "", "SpaceObject", 1, 12.5, [0, 0, 0], [0, 0, 0.75], 0, 10, 7.9, 0.075, [1.2, 0.02, 4], [[0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1], [0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.5], [0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0]], [0.8], 1, 0, "", "", _object];

_PS setDropInterval 0.0057;

Energy:

_source = "#particlesource" createVehicle getPos _object;

_source setParticleCircle [10, [1, 1, 1]];

_source setParticleRandom [0, [0.25, 0.25, 0], [0.175, 0.175, 0], 0, 0.25, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];

_source setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\blesk2", 1, 0, 1], "", "SpaceObject", 1, 20, [0, 0, 0], [0, 0, 0.6], 0, 1, 10, 0, [0.05, 2, 4], [[0.1, 0.1, 0.1, 1], [0.25, 0.25, 0.25, 0.5], [0.5, 0.5, 0.5, 0]], [0.008], 0.2, 0, "", "", _object];

_source setDropInterval 0.0005;

Wow! Has anyone messed around with a snow storm? A blizzard on ThirskW (via AiA) would be awesome!

Thanks for sharing your PE guys!

Wow! Has anyone messed around with a snow storm? A blizzard on ThirskW (via AiA) would be awesome!

Untested, but this should look like snow, (maybe ;)):

_snow = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal (getpos player);  
_snow setParticleParams [["A3\Data_F\ParticleEffects\Universal\Universal", 16, 12, 8, 1],"","Billboard",1,4,[0,0,0],[0,0,0],1,0.000001,0,1.4,[0.05,0.05],[[1,1,1,0.8]],[0,1],0.2,1.2,"","",vehicle player];
_snow setParticleRandom [0, [10, 10, 7], [0, 0, 0], 0, 0.01, [0, 0, 0, 0.1], 0, 0];
_snow setParticleCircle [0.0, [0, 0, 0]];
_snow setDropInterval 0.001;

Thanks super-truite! I'll give that a go!

I was also wondering if anyone has attempted burning ashes... There was this one map, I think it was in COD: World at War mp map "Nightfire" (way better looking on PC than on xbox!), where most of a city was on fire or already burned. Besides smoke there would be these glowing embers flying around in the air, something like snow but these would float up too, mimicking very well updrafts from the heat of the fire(s). Something like that, used in conjunction with a burning building script, would be simply awesome :D

Edited by Oktyabr

hi

i just find ur particle tool and i find that 1 particle effect is doing massive fps drop, other effects dont rly change much.

and this particle effect is the root problem for the fire lag on multiplayer servers i think, but maybe i am wrong cos in sp i dont have fire lag, only when i use ur particle tool.

A3/data_f/kraker

interesting, you should report your finding on the feedback tracker (there must be a ticket related to this fire lag problem).

how can i do the falling rock effect what i can see on ur picture?

also i realised the explosion bug is not engine problem it was script problem by servers cos i played today on a server where fps stayed the same.

sorry my gaming computer is broken due to the dirty electric system in my current country :mad: :mad: :mad:, so I cannot check.

But it is quite easy to make, try every particle effect with "rock" in it I guess. If you don't find it I'll tell you when I receive my new power supply...

thx man, but i dont have mud.p3d :(

i have 4 universal effect but none is mud

Edited by Faultron

Hi particle friends, so I was asked a lot by PM about the sub-munition missile pic, so I decided to give it here:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh0v0phfphd1355/Chemical_test.Stratis.rar

It is a chemical weapon, with really really silly sound and visual effects ;) (see the video), but I guess it can be useful for guys struggling with making MP compatible particle scripts.

PS: I don't want to be associated with this script, so steal it, use it, destroy it as you want without referring to me ;)

Edited by super-truite

@super-truite

Thank you very much for your tool. I needed a water cannon / water gun / (german: "Wasserwerfer") effect. And this is my result:

I am not allowed to post a link to my image :-(

And here is the code:

Private ["_waterCannonEffect"];
_waterCannonEffect = "#particlesource" createVehicleLocal (getPos player);
_waterCannonEffect setParticleParams [["\A3\data_f\ParticleEffects\Universal\smoke.p3d", 1, 0, 1], "", "Billboard", 1, 3, [0, -1.8, 0.4], [-5, 5, 3], 1, 25, 10, 0.01, [0.1, 1.5, 5], [ [0.55, 0.65, 1.00, 0.01], [0.55, 0.65, 1.00, 0.05], [0.30, 0.35, 0.40, 0.01], [0.00, 0.00, 0.00, 0.00]  ], [0], 0, 0,"","", player, 0, true, 0.03, [[0,0,0,0]] ];
_waterCannonEffect setParticleRandom [0.5, [0.0, 0.0, 0.0], [0.2, 0.2, 0.2], 0.3, 0.1, [0, 0, 0, 0], 0, 0];
_waterCannonEffect setParticleCircle [0, [0, 0, 0]];
_waterCannonEffect setDropInterval 0.001;
_waterCannonEffect attachTo [player, [0,0,2]];

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:37 ----------

Hopefully the forum allows me to add the picture now:

fahrzeugbrand_vorschau.png

Love your work. Well done.

Unfortunately the Chemical Weapon demo mission is not working for some reason.

There are errors in the radio trigger which I have fixed by putting in the path name to the missile.sqf but the missile effect only works until the explosion then nothing happens.

I tried to run it as a dedicated server to see if it was the problem but the missile does not even launch.

Would love to see this working as it would be a perfect example for JIP multiplayer.

Hmm, strange, I must have sent the wrong file. I never had problems with this script...I will check it.

Edited by super-truite

That would be great.

I think the location is not correct.

_z2= 495;
_explo = [_object,_z2,_v] execVM "SUPER_chemical\explosion1.sqf";

You have just set this as an arbitrary figure in this version.