Sign in to follow this  
supercereal4

Missing 3D tank interiors

Here is an example of what it could look like:

For me it hasnt to be that detailed but at least the possibility to look through the different view ports by using your mouse should be implemented.

For me it hasnt to be that detailed but at least the possibility to look through the different view ports by using your mouse should be implemented.

Or like this :

With loader animation and other crew member of course !

YOU HAVE UNDERSTAND that i DON'T talk about this level of fidelity and realism with all this functions on the tank, but a clickable interface for at least optic mode (standard/night/IR) weapon selection, range/elevation, smoke grenade and other feature that Tank in Arma 3 ALREADY have will be really useful, realistic, immersive and for sometimes way better than keyboard commands, still possibility to change position to be the gunner or the loader, with the new stance system its not a problem for Arma 3 to handle a multi position system like we have in Steel Beast that can permit to look outside without exposing too much our head.

Clickable cabin also permit something really great !

Modders proof that they can make way more advanced thing than vanilla (cause the game is not specialized in a task/kind of thing and it take too much time) but i'm sure if BIS would have done a clickable cabin who include like TOE the basic feature and with at least 3 position (in the seat, head up for look through armored windows and outside of the tank with external MG), some modders will be able to create a really nice thing maybe inspired directly from Steel Beast with a lot of features (like ACRE can do with all functions and subfunctions) but without 3D cabin and vanilla clickable interface i think people who will be able to do it will simply wont do it, it require to create a cabin, and all tank will be fictive or futuristic, we can't just take example on existing tank and it can be totally different from what BIS wanted to do if they will be able to do it, and modder will need also to make clickable it and i think it will be really full of bug if its not make per default by official dev team.

And in fact when a game come closer to the release date, the main thing left to do is mainly bug correction and adding last feature, i think at this point of the development the Artistic/3D team have only some correction to do if a 3D model is not correct but that's all, even in the Pre Alpha of the E3 2012 some heavy armored and screenshots of Main Battle Tanks was show, even vehicle not yet release is already 3D finish for the visual aspect.

It mean actually except if they already work on DLC they have enough free time to do it i'm sure.

Its not cause things are not released that it mean that they are not already done.

And having 3D cabin of tank IN a DLC that adding a lot of feature yes or maybe a DLC that make tanks more realistic with clickable cabin, 3D inside, animations, driver 3D place, damage and armor more realistic and FINALLY a more realistic aiming system, not an arcade like that lets us find ourselves where to aim for correct ballistic on moving target, but NOT an expensive DLC that only give 3D cabin for armored vehicle (we have already see worst DLC than this).

That why i want 3D cabin.

Yeah, that would be the way to go. Add a little screen where you can change the source (rear, sides, gunner) and you won the day.

without the 3d interiors the vehicle can become somewhat ineffective. tanks have poor visibility so they have multiple periscopes to see out. the driver in 2d view is limited to 1 periscope when in 3d there can be more then 3 periscopes widening the field of view for the driver commander and passengers (apc's like the bradely and bmp have viewports for passengers). anyway if they can do it for plane cars and boats why not the tanks. Operation flashpoint and VBS2 lite had 3d interiors for their M1 abrams tanks why cant virtual reality 4.0 have this too?

Honestly the interior view of all the vehicles suck, i hate being bound to 1st person because you can't see anything, Maybe if i owned a ocultus or ugh a track ir then it would matter because i could look around, but some times you get disoriented when having to using mouse look for almost all movement in side of a vehicle.

im sorry but i dont play with 3 screens setup in eyefinity, i dont have multiple 30" screens to have a full 120* view of everything.

The interiors are nice but i almost never go 1st person in vehicles unless im just by my self screwing around or im forced to due to trees and the like.

I recently started tring because heli's seem easier to pilot, ready pilot not land, in first since controls see to be move intuitive than in 3rd, but then when im tring to get a fix of where i am spatially i start loosing control.

They don't have the time or the manpower to "waste" on assets which will only be seen for 0.0000001% of overall playtime.

If the developers can do it, we want it. Quit speaking for the developers

Operation flashpoint and VBS2 lite had 3d interiors for their M1 abrams tanks why cant virtual reality 4.0 have this too?

It can, the engine is perfectly capable of supporting interiors for all vehicle types. The "problem" is (as described over and over again) one of cost vs reward.

The amount of time it takes to make an "RV4" (Arma 3) quality interior is just not worth it for what it actually adds to the gameplay.

If BI were to do "Take On Tanks" then they would no doubt spend the vast amount of time it takes to create interiors to this fidelity.

Since it is not a priority for their vision of Arma 3, they will not bother.

---------- Post added at 14:44 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

If the developers can do it, we want it.

"We" want a lot of things that they simply don't have time to include.

Just because you want something, means they should drop all their current tasks and fulfill your wishes? I think not.

If the developers can do it, we want it. Quit speaking for the developers

The developers already said point blank "no". He doesn't have to speak for them.

---------- Post added at 08:37 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

SWArmA?

Sounds like we have yet another game that needs to be picked up by the community to function as intended - Bethesda really triggered a new generation of game development...

Sounds like we have yet another game that needs to be picked up by the community to function as intended - Bethesda really triggered a new generation of game development...

Bethesda? Bro it is like this since ever around here.

Ahh the innocence of the newer member :)

Part of the longevity of OFP/Arma etc etc if the fact that it's comparatively simple to mod and there is an astounding community who give us a vast amount of mods and missions.

I think Bis have been promoting modability in their games as little before Morrowind. (were the earlier games modable?).

Regardless, it does look like interiors will have to be playe built.

Ho hum. It'll still be a great game though.

Rgds

LoK

Ahahaha... literally every Arma game has consisted of "overambitiousness having to be scaled back in order to put out an actual functioning game within budget and on time", and in this case add "blowing through multiple release dates and still having to go Steamworks-exclusive in order to not miss yet another deadline" to that. Why the surprise, Mansen... especially when so much of the community wants don't match the devs' own vision either?

Since it is not a priority for their vision of Arma 3, they will not bother.
This post literally sums up the answer for every "why have the devs shot down this feature" complaint.

In my opinion the developers should give more attention to the community wishes (especially reality, complexity and difficulty in-game). Don't worry about a later release date!

In my opinion the developers should give more attention to the community wishes (especially reality, complexity and difficulty in-game). Don't worry about a later release date!
They already said "no" to this back when making the Steamworks announcement and DnA saying of the TOH flight model that what happens in this game is "what we can do in time". :p

They already said "no" to this back when making the Steamworks announcement and DnA saying of the TOH flight model that what happens in this game is "what we can do in time". :p

I'm sorry, but this bad argument isn't satisfying me!

Then you're not going to be satisfied by the developers and publisher, period.

Since the developers have already said that this is not a priority, and it seems like there is nothing left to discuss, it sounds like this thread has run its course. Yes?

yes this thread is all i see on the main page no point anymore right just accept the fact :)

Bohemia made modeled tank interiors in OFP; why not now? The amount of immersion given by sitting inside an armored vehicle and physically looking through the periscopes is amazing. This was the first thing I checked for when the beta came out, and was extremely disappointed. Sorry Bohemia, but 2D overlays just don't cut it in 2013 when you did 3D interiors in 2001.

See earlier in the thread: "Not a priority to (whichever dev speaks up)."

If there is any significant news available on the topic, please inform me and I will reopen this discussion. For now we can see that many people deeply miss the 3d interiors for vehicles, but the devs have said that they are a significant art resource drain and they are currently not a priority.