Sign in to follow this  
zipgun

Anyone holding off playing till the full game comes out?

Yes, I'm sure ALL of us ARMA fans want to keep it more sim and I'm also positive that BIS want to keep it that way too.

Its good to have some input from new players how to make ARMA easier to get into and control without changing the fundamental gameplay.

DayZ is great for that genre of survival game and I hope it has lots of success as stand-alone.

What I also meant with BIS being brave is that they have given themselves a lot of work just organizing all the comments and bug reports.

Its good to have lots of people testing for bugs but many fail to spot things that are already reported. (Its can be hard to search because you don't know what the title may be)

Holding off for me as in no choice but to hold off, I cannot run Arma3 if i wanted too, neither my operating system, nor computer specs

would meet the requirements to run it, plus I have projects going with Iron Front and a Mod team to watch over, but maybe

when it releases I will have the funds to upgrade, til then its a no go.

Since the Alpha I've been fascinated with watching the progress of the game build with the dev branch, and although I got a bit sick of assaulting the airport after a million times it was good to also get a new terrain in a mod release, I could mess with the editor and scripts forever so there's always something to do, usually it's something like 1-3 hours setting up a mission and 20 mins playing some of it, then make 10 variations on that mission lol, the challenge in the Alpha was to make it interesting with pretty much infantry only type missions.

But I think the greatest joy I get from Arma is just watching the AI in action, in Arma 2 it felt like every now and then you would see a great moment from the AI but mostly it was shake your head at another fail moment like going prone in the open next to perfectly good cover. Playing with the beta last night I noticed the Iranian attack transport helo doing some cool things with long distant attacks while hovering and also dismounting troops to engage enemy on the ground and picking them up once completed, looked very fluid and believable!!

I am only holding off with flying since the flightmodel is not set and there are still issues for joysticks. AND Stratis is to small to have a proper fly arround :D

I bought the Supporter Edition because I am huge BI fan since day one release of Operation Flashpoint back in 2001. But my hardware is too old actually to play the Alpha or Beta. I will have to buy a new laptop soon so maybe i'll get the chance to enjoy it.

I am not waiting for the full game. I am waiting for the full patched and well-tweaked game but only if they don't make it another BF3. So after like two years from now, I may start thinking about buying it. Till then I will stick with A2.

What I also meant with BIS being brave is that they have given themselves a lot of work just organizing all the comments and bug reports.

Its good to have lots of people testing for bugs but many fail to spot things that are already reported. (Its can be hard to search because you don't know what the title may be)

Oh no I understood that too. Imo all companies you should be doing that publicly or privately anyway. Sadly most don't give a darn.

Holding off for me as in no choice but to hold off, I cannot run Arma3 if i wanted too, neither my operating system, nor computer specs

would meet the requirements to run it, plus I have projects going with Iron Front and a Mod team to watch over, but maybe

when it releases I will have the funds to upgrade, til then its a no go.

Sorry to hear but no worries like you said you have other games to enjoy. And it is just a game. Life and necessities always come 1st. You can always buy a or play a game later.

I am only holding off with flying since the flightmodel is not set and there are still issues for joysticks. AND Stratis is to small to have a proper fly arround :D

Another unique and good answer lol. :D

Since the Alpha I've been fascinated with watching the progress of the game build with the dev branch, and although I got a bit sick of assaulting the airport after a million times it was good to also get a new terrain in a mod release, I could mess with the editor and scripts forever so there's always something to do, usually it's something like 1-3 hours setting up a mission and 20 mins playing some of it, then make 10 variations on that mission lol, the challenge in the Alpha was to make it interesting with pretty much infantry only type missions.

But I think the greatest joy I get from Arma is just watching the AI in action, in Arma 2 it felt like every now and then you would see a great moment from the AI but mostly it was shake your head at another fail moment like going prone in the open next to perfectly good cover. Playing with the beta last night I noticed the Iranian attack transport helo doing some cool things with long distant attacks while hovering and also dismounting troops to engage enemy on the ground and picking them up once completed, looked very fluid and believable!!

Yup agreed. Love the AI as sometimes I just like to play alone and the AI is pretty cool. And I hate scripted games like COD etc.

I bought the Supporter Edition because I am huge BI fan since day one release of Operation Flashpoint back in 2001. But my hardware is too old actually to play the Alpha or Beta. I will have to buy a new laptop soon so maybe i'll get the chance to enjoy it.

Sorry to hear as well. But like I told Gunter its only a game. Life comes 1st. Not worth it to go into dept to play games etc. Hope you guys understand what I mean. But there is a good side to waiting the game with be patched up and many more mods will be around :)

I am not waiting for the full game. I am waiting for the full patched and well-tweaked game but only if they don't make it another BF3. So after like two years from now, I may start thinking about buying it. Till then I will stick with A2.

Wow 2 years man you really are one demanding gamer huh? jk ;) But I agree we paid for these things we should get the most workable product and support as possible.

Btw if I missed anyone sorry about that, its cause Im in a rush but thanks for all the replies thus far. Very interesting, funny and some sad (I really do feel for you guys) reasons for playing or not.

Edited by zipgun

I was a tiny bit disappointed when the beta reset all my key bindings to default and turned it off, wasn't a rage quit but an apathy quit, I couldn't be bothered to go through them again as I'd changed quite a lot.

so I might wait wait now till things are more stable as I don't want to be going through them regularly.

I was a tiny bit disappointed when the beta reset all my key bindings to default and turned it off, wasn't a rage quit but an apathy quit, I couldn't be bothered to go through them again as I'd changed quite a lot.

so I might wait wait now till things are more stable as I don't want to be going through them regularly.

Isn't it possible to copy/paste your settings from Arma 3 Alpha\name.Arma3AlphaProfile to Arma 3\name.Arma3Profile?

might be, I never thought of that, I just thought it would have overwritten them

That's how I migrated my settings over; there were at least two separate BI official posts talking about how the beta change would change things, and I was able to get a head start on the change by migrating over to dev branch during the "dev branch sneak preview of beta" weekend (which created the beta folders and files), then copying and renaming my existing profile and settings, and staying on dev branch until after the official beta release. :)

I was originally gonna wait until full release, but the Beta added enough content to be worth playing for both me and my friends. The APC/Ghosthawk gave us significantly more options for joint strikes/air support and evac

I also still play Arma 2. But if I would have enough money for a new computer (if I buy one, than a really one) then I would buy Arma 3. :D

You can buy Arma 3 now and then just reinstall it on the new computer. :)

so many hackers right now even little 5 years old Rusty can hack servers and ruin not 1 players game but 40 players or more.

Ended up with "Mission Failed: All Players Died" twice tonight -- one of them at the very start of the mission! -- but then again BE is still not here.

I'm holding off until its out and/or the modding community releases something huge, I still play every couple of weeks on the dev branch to see how things are going though.

I mess around with it a bit on and off...didn't really do much with Alpha but in Beta the performance seems quite a bit better, so I've been playing a little more.

Probably won't really get into it like I did with ArmA 2 until final, though.