Sign in to follow this  
zipgun

Anyone holding off playing till the full game comes out?

Anyway just want to say I have the Supporters Edition of the Alpha 3 pre-order I tried their demos for a while then stopped as I want the true feeling of experiencing the full game. So Im waiting for the actual release of game when I got this version I so got with this pre-order I got every ARMA game to date (so now got multiple upon multiple copies as Ive bought specials before) maps, soundtracks and other goodies and now the Beta as well in June. And thru a glitch at the time, for the same price as the new Beta their gonna sell. So a few of us scored :D

So my point is we (family) still play the current ARMA 2 and would like to thank all of you who are still making addon's, missions and campaigns for it. I appreciate those making it for the Alpha but its still just a demo as is the Beta. And also some people may not have the hardware or the cash for ARMA 3 yet so keeping ARMA 2 alive is a good idea imho. Arma 2 is solid as is. Tho A3 works better for me or our machines. Tho most if not all our PC's are killed with power, but we don't only play games. We also love to take videos or video chat with our family in friends abroad. And for video editing and certain simulations you need powerful rigs. We also live in Tokyo and it's very very expensive place to live and go out etc. Even tho my hubby is an MD, like most even in the US, most doctors do NOT make millions, that's pure Hollywood, we live comfortably lets just say. We live in a house in the outskirts of the city not in a Apt etc in the city way too crowded there, love my job but really gotta be on your toes there. So we spend a good part of our money on electronics to keep busy at home. ;)

My other half of my family are 7 generations of Americans that live in the US. I went thru High school and went to UCLA with a degree in Law. But no don't want to be a lawyer. But its how I can speak English with no accent lol! Helps with my job with you some of you good, but most times cause of my work mainly bad yanks and brits ;)

Opps sorry I'm ranting again. Anyway that's what I do with all new games. Gonna just play the beta a bit then wait yet again for the full release. Its like watching previews I hate that. LOL. So when we have the time we're still playing ARMA 2. But we play less and less together as kids grow up so fast and work for both of us gets busier. Glad ARMA works purely on AI. As I'm always gonna play hehe.

Edited by zipgun

Well its good to hear from a lady gamer who likes this kind of game. You are the second I've met. (still quite rare ;))

You must be tough to be a police woman, mother AND have time for games too :cool:

Probably a few people bought the Alpha for the cheap price, tried it a bit and wait for the final release but most are playing various amounts.

I think it was very brave for Bohemia to release an alpha with so many people giving their opinion.

In the end ARMA3 will be a better game because of that so it helps everybody.

Edited by EDcase

Anyway just want to say I have the Supporters Edition of the Alpha 3 pre-order I tried their demos for a while then stopped as I want the true feeling of experiencing the full game. So Im waiting for the actual release of game when I got this version I so got with this pre-order I got every ARMA game to date (so now got multiple upon multiple copies as Ive bought specials before) maps, soundtracks and other goodies and now the Beta as well in June. And thru a glitch at the time, for the same price as the new Beta their gonna sell. So a few of us scored :D

So my point is we (family) still play the current ARMA 2 and would like to thank all of you who are still making addon's, missions and campaigns for it. I appreciate those making it for the Alpha but its still just a demo as is the Beta. And also some people may not have the hardware or the cash for ARMA 3 yet so keeping ARMA 2 alive is a good idea imho. Arma 2 is solid as is. Tho A3 works better for me or our machines. Tho most if not all our PC's are killed with power, but we don't only play games. We also love to take videos or video chat with our family in friends abroad. And for video editing and certain simulations you need powerful rigs. We also live in Tokyo and it's very very expensive place to live and go out etc. Even tho my hubby is an MD, like most even in the US, most doctors do NOT make millions, that's pure Hollywood, we live comfortably lets just say. We live in a house in the outskirts of the city not in a Apt etc in the city way too crowded there, love my job but really gotta be on your toes there. So we spend a good part of our money on electronics to keep busy at home. ;)

My other half of my family are 7 generations of Americans that live in the US. I went thru High school and went to UCLA with a degree in Law. But no don't want to be a lawyer. But its how I can speak English with no accent lol! Helps with my job with you some of you good, but most times cause of my work mainly bad yanks and brits ;)

Opps sorry I'm ranting again. Anyway that's what I do with all new games. Gonna just play the beta a bit then wait yet again for the full release. Its like watching previews I hate that. LOL. So when we have the time we're still playing ARMA 2. But we play less and less together as kids grow up so fast and work for both of us gets busier. Glad ARMA works purely on AI. As I'm always gonna play hehe.

Yeah I'm holding off. I'll play the beta a bit, and then back to waiting for the full release. I've actually been holding off on Arma 2 as well. I want to have all the awesome mods and content I had in Arma 2 with Arma 3 graphics and gameplay improvements.

Really looking forward to ACE/ACRE on the new engine plus Java so I can sink my teeth into some mission design.

Well its good to hear from a lady gamer who likes this kind of game. You are the second I've met. (still quite rare ;))

You must be tough to be a police woman, mother AND have time for games too :cool:

Probably a few people bought the Alpha for the cheap price, tried it a bit and wait for the final release but most are playing various amounts.

I think it was very brave for Bohemia to release an alpha with so many people giving their opinion.

At work? Oh yeah I'm one tough gal. You sorta have to be being a female in a mans world like Japan. So I and other female officers love busting wise*** guys who break the law. But it does worry my family. But ya gotta do what you love right?

Seriously thanks for the kind words. Yup I was a bad girl back then had my twins at 15 yes I know way to young I used to smoke and listen to rock music the rebellious teen lol. And Oh man my parents were pissed. I had to live with my big sister for a year till they cooled down and saw their grandchildren that seemed to calm my parents and turned my life around as we have a large family and I "was" the bad egg hehe. Early on it wasn't too hard my other sis in the US and my parents and other siblings, while in Japan took care of the kids while we were at school and thru university. When my hubby was in Med school I was old enough to handle the kids with help from my sis in Japan etc. Now their about 13 now.

And yup even asked around if there were other female players and only one replied I forgot her name tho, Elana or something like that, but she was from Germany. I'm a motor officer in Tokyo city and most of the danger is the traffic and traffic stops same as traffic cops in the US 2nd only to domestic violence calls, yes its very hard at times but I/we got it covered we both work morning shifts so at least we get to see each other before their off to school etc. but coming home it all depends on arrests and my hubby's patients. I'm working up to be a inspector or in the US a detective and want to work undercover ;) My best friend who is female as well and she's 27 but looks like 18, works vice on special duty due to her young looks and gets to bust those pervs on the trains and subways. In some ways I know my family worries a lot especially my daughter but I think the older they get the more they'll understand what mom does and why. Opps sorry I rant a lot when emailing etc I hardly forum as wow look 24 since 2004? Wow I was 21 when I joined up here? Time flies huh?

Yes I agree this is a risky way of selling their game as it could backfire big time. As many for some reason base everything on 1st impressions even tho its not the full game yet. Yes sadly I play less and less these days mostly maybe an hour before work or on weekends mostly. The older you get the more life gets in the way but what can you do..

Thanks for replying.

God no.

I'd rather test the game and watch how it evolves.

LOL! Good answer. But yeah I hear and understand what ya mean.

Thx for the reply

Yeah I'm holding off. I'll play the beta a bit, and then back to waiting for the full release. I've actually been holding off on Arma 2 as well. I want to have all the awesome mods and content I had in Arma 2 with Arma 3 graphics and gameplay improvements.

Really looking forward to ACE/ACRE on the new engine plus Java so I can sink my teeth into some mission design.

Yup you're like me I want to be surprised and astonished etc. And not know the whole deal when the full comes out. I'll take a peek but that's it.

Thx for the reply!

Hope to hear more opinions from those who like to wait or those who "I want it now" ;)

Edited by zipgun

@Zipgun,

I haven't touch the ARMA3 for two monthes, just fed up with its constantly updates, I might take a look at the beta on 25th of this month and then put it away until the full version come out.

I could still get lots of fun from ArmA2CO, but most time I goof around in DCS World.

BTW, it's good to see a female player here, you are a japanese in Tokyo, and I'm a chinese guy near Shanghai, not that far, huh!

I find it more difficult to play Arma2 nowadays. Arma3 is much better in so many ways.

I also like testing, and helping to improve it.

I play both Arma 2 and 3 obviously. And will continue to play them both. But I am definitely playing more Arma 3 now and this will continue to be the trend.

I'm playing it. I want to report bugs and influence the development. I already think I've put a couple of features in the game more and less and intend to push for as many good ideas into the game as the devs can handle.

Can't. There is absolutely nothing else to play at the moment. If not for Arma 3 alpha/beta I would, probably, have to do something useful on the weekends.

Me, I bought the game during alpha but I have not downloaded it yet. My hardware's too old. I am holding out as long as I can to upgrade my hardware, hoping hardware prices will come down a bit before the official launch.

It's not for lack wanting to play.... but i want to enjoy it proper when I do. I may cave in and try but I know that my current hardware will disappoint.

Edited by Polar Bear

Same here , I stopped playing about a month ago, got tired of the crashes and 15 FPS , plus I would like to see more content :)

With all the available content from the editor and user submissions your always find something new to play so for me I see no point in holding out for release.

I have the support edition, I want to help Bohemia Interactive as much as I can to keep ARMA 3 to keep getting better. If we all submit reports of the bugs in the game that we find, we can have a better ARMA 3 in the final release.

i like to influence the development and see how things evolve))))))

Having only just recently purchased Arma 3 I'm enjoying myself with whats currently on offer and have yet to experience any performance issues, the lack of content is noticeable but completely understandable in it's alpha state. I'll most certainly be sticking around and checking out the player-made content whilst I wait for full release.

Nope,its great to make part of the development.

But i can't wait for BETA.Stratis is just small and its getting really old.

Theres a lot to see yet. :)

Nope,its great to make part of the development.

But i can't wait for BETA.

Unless i read this wrong? You do realise its available now on the DEV branch :yay:

Edited by ck-claw
Dodgy spelling yet again!

Unless i read this wrong? You do realise its available now on the DEV branch :yay:

I know,haha.

But i will wait when it comes for everyone.Don't wanna spoil anything.

Plus: STEALTH BLACKHAWKS! OMFG! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

stopped playing alpha for a bit, was developing missions and having a good time but too many problems and too little content...

Beta is now out, so back to it..

I know,haha.

But i will wait when it comes for everyone.

But.. surely it already has?;);)

@Zipgun,

I haven't touch the ARMA3 for two monthes, just fed up with its constantly updates, I might take a look at the beta on 25th of this month and then put it away until the full version come out.

I could still get lots of fun from ArmA2CO, but most time I goof around in DCS World.

BTW, it's good to see a female player here, you are a japanese in Tokyo, and I'm a chinese guy near Shanghai, not that far, huh!

Thanks for you opinion. And thanks for the kind words, just wish there were more of us gals. There probably are but don't post. Even I hardly post.

No you're not all that far at all nice to meet you neighbor. :) Btw KommieKat lives in Hong Kong now or so he told me (haven't chatted with him in a while)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for all the replies looks like we're split down the middle or more toward the I wanna play it now. But more or less each camp has the same reasons for playing and or waiting and I respect both some one to help make a better game and give feedback etc or something new to play or a few like me want to be surprised and astonished. But we all have our reasons for doing what we do. For me its not only I want to wait till the full for full content etc. But also I'm so busy with family and work anyway, that even when the full comes out? I'll still hardly play it. So just another factor for me.

I should have made a poll. Well anyway keep shouting out if you want and give us you're view play or wait. Thanks again! :o

Edited by zipgun

stopped playing alpha for a bit, was developing missions and having a good time but too many problems and too little content...

Beta is now out, so back to it..

This was my issue also. In the end i made every type of mission I could think of with the content I had, and tried to make it seem liek there was a lot of variation, but I got tired of trying so hard to make missions with the content I had. Thankfully there appears to be more to work with now.

Btw I was just re-thinking about ED's point.

I agree most likely it will go more for realism and hopefully a better sim, but my only fear is that it never goes more toward the Arcade types like COD or MW3 etc. In that vein I agree its with ED that BIS is very brave to allow so many people like he said to give inputs and or opinion's. As for most of us who like ARMA for its simulation type realism. Know all too well that the COD types would love to see ARMA fail or turn it into just another console game as those kids always jump on ARMA especially with all the Dayz battles we've all seen. But the Dayz mod did just that it went payware and is now going for consoles and the Console fans are loving that, don't get me wrong I like zombie games like Resident Evil etc.

But leave our ARMA alone. But I have faith in most if not all of us here that were against that and just want the most realistic combat sim to date. And thankfully BIS is the same way, they strive for realism and not some cookie cutter producers out for cash.. If they take it slow and carefully we could have another groundbreaking sim like OFP was back in the day. BIS invented imo the 1st real game play AI and that's what makes it unique and with FADE or etc no piracy.

Brilliant in my view. Well like I said Im a peeker ;) but a waiter so just over a month to go till the full game and other goodies are released I hope no delays but to make a better sim I'll wait, the one thing I hope never happens is a rush job. Well ranting again. So just saying I can't wait as being a mom, wife and an LEO, we have other hobbies and stuff to do of course but for day to day etc, ARMA is one of my ways to relieve stress from work. :cool:

Edited by zipgun