Sign in to follow this  
BusStopWilly

WIP. - Zero Fox Gryphon - Fictional units/PMC

Hi all,

Just wanted to post a piccie for anyone who's interested in having a slightly tongue-in-cheek PMC units addon :D

3rUxm1p.jpg

ATM it's just a camo pilot coveralls retex with ZFG logo in a back-of-jacket stylee and a sans-camo version of the standard BLUFOR soldier uniform with chest patch and reverse readable Altis/Stratis arm patches.

Keep Smiling!

BusStopWilly

Not my style, but these are really well done. I like the complete package deal your doing with the logo and ext. Good luck with the Mod.

Just a little update.

ZFG Pilot and light patrol finished (I think). More to do, unsure when to stop. :D

957wa33.jpg

BSW

First chopper reskin. Have ballsed up the config to some extent, not that great with scripts, sure I'll get the hang of it!

Peaking into the cockpit.

QW0ClM5.jpg

Flying around.

5diuxkl.jpg

TQ0WXSE.jpg?1

afgKlut.jpg

BSW

Edited by BusStopWilly
Extra sickness!

Hey BusStopWilly..!

These look f&*^g amazing mate..!!!

Very high quality from those screenies and I really love the style too- it's good to be able to have this option in ARMA3 for some kickass units. :D

Please keep going with these and finish the entire "package" man...

Good textures :)

Many thanks for the positive feedback, it's what keeps us going!

I've noticed I'm modding both Blu and Opfor vehicles into indies but nvm eh? Who's to say a PMC cant buy their equipment from both sides manufacturers (In 2035 at least)?

Couple more screenies for you.

Two more chopper reskins. Ones a littlebird and the other...isn't.

mL0dCkM.jpg

aeQc0Ex.jpg

ZFG Rangemaster :D

i2BlTIX.jpg

And finally, a (at the moment) turretless Hunter

3pJZbWG.jpg

Hope you like!

Have fun!

BSW

Edited by BusStopWilly
Boring wall of text

Just a small update of a couple of screenshots. I'm still working on this...slowly. Came across a problem with modding the standard uniform that uses the underwear t-shirt, got a good idea how to fix it but may have to ask for a dig out from Pomigit. Although I'm adding these bits and bobs as an independent force I've also been trying to get the game to use them as default with varying degrees of success.

Nice night shot.

0r2pY7A.jpg

Another chopper reskin

Oitzd6R.jpg

And a APC? Tank thingy

6tVf2hy.jpg

I know the logo is all 'in your face' and the camo isn't really realistic, but I suppose that's the direction it's heading! I'm thinking something Action Man-esque/1970's-80's cartoons and comics.

BSW

Edited by BusStopWilly

Another quick little update to show you 2 helmet retextures, one green and scratched, the other camo, also scratched and worn.

VzJhTwe.jpg

Also why not have a little play around with what I've done so far. This is incomplete and unfinished but I'd be interested to see some shots of ZFG in operation :D

Download my addon at - http://www.multiupload.nl/FH9NT4TL35 Zip contains @ZFG folder, use as is or drag into your mod folder of choice. Pbo'd but not binarized, you're welcome to modify the configs and create missions using the mod. Retextures by myself using various tools, plugins and original game textures.

Additional units and vehicles are found under Side - Independent, Faction - Zero Fox Gryphon in the editor.

So far there's a RangeMaster re-skin, 2 operatives and a pilot, 1 offroad van, 3 MRAPs (both turrets and turretless), 5 helis and an APC.

Remember, it's not finished but have fun!

BSW

Post some pics, and let me know what you think!

Edited by BusStopWilly

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

In my group's story line, we're about to unravel an international weapons dealing ring that is supplying the CSAT campaign in the Aegean, and these guys look perfect! Looking forward to testing them out.

Makes problems with the dev build.

Sceletons seem to be gone when loaded.

otherwise nice textures!

I'm running Dev. build. What do you mean by skeletons are gone? I panicked at first and then thought maybe you just mean the skeleton face mask skin, do you?

BSW

Hey;) I disabled all my mods and wanted to try your addon. But somehow I allways get a missing sceleton bug where my soldier is clipped halfway through the ground and in T-pose and all the soldier surfaces are fucked up.

It only happens when your addon is active.

Exact bug line is: no entry 'bin\config bin.cfgSkeletons'.

Nevertheless: Your texturing work is really professional. Theres nothing to critizie apart from the big logos;)

And of course that the camouflage is not really fitting to the island...;)

But the work is flawless as far as I could tell in the bugged time I had to look at it.

Would you maybe like to make another camo which is fitting the island? Maybe take the same pattern but only adjust the colours more, so the vehicles actually get camouflaged behind fooliage? That would be great!

Greetings!

Ps: This is what my poor soldier looks like now=(

PPS: I made a quick mock up regarding the textures. Maybe you will understand what I mean regarding the camouflage aspect of the textures^^

A quick recolour would make it fit in more easily! And I think your great work deserves to be usefull=)

Current one

slightly adjusted (could be better though but its to give an impression^^)

Edited by NordKindchen

Hmmm.

Tried to replicate it but couldn't, ran mod-less (apart from zfg) and all seems well. Have you tried verifying your game cache through steam? AFAIK, my mod only contains config.cpp(s) as it's un-binarized. So perhaps the error is elsewhere?

Anyone else watching this thread having the same problem? Please let me know.

*edit* for above edit, Thanks!!! I agree, the green overlay makes the camo more camo :D. Lets build some story into this...

I guess these skins are sort of 'show' ZFG livery, a big in-your-face advertisement for the Company, used at shows and demos and probably frowned upon by the more professional PMCs out there.

Which then gives us reason to create a more understated and environmentally blending camo variants!

So, a show pack and a serious pack will no doubt arise :D ty for the feedback and ideas, how's stuff going? Still got probs?

BSW

Edited by BusStopWilly

Heysen! Glad to hear you look into some Stratis adjusted camos=)

I tried it out again and verfied my data. Sadly the bug still stays. The sceleton is allways missing when loading your mod=(

Greetz!