Sign in to follow this  
Drumheller

Should I be able to access the server.arma3profile?

I am renting a server and they are claiming that the server.armaprofile is unavailable because "it's alpha".

Is this correct or should I be able to access the server profile? Is there a way to create a profile in a different location via the -profile= command?

It should be under /users/%name%/%name%.Arma3AlphaProfile

Where name is the -name= variable in the command line.

We allow all files to be edited, downloaded, and uploaded with no restriction.

Just wanted to mention Reaper Lok and Call_911 had trouble editing the correct values inside of these configuration files, and not having issues with being able to edit them permission wise.

Edited by Jest

I am renting a server and they are claiming that the server.armaprofile is unavailable because "it's alpha".

Is this correct or should I be able to access the server profile? Is there a way to create a profile in a different location via the -profile= command?

I guess it depends on the setup your GameServiceProvider is running.

But, i have (had) a GSP too, before i bought a rootserver, and could access everything gamerelated.

Not sure why your GSP is saying "because alpha" as it is accessible to everybody already...

Do you have Webaccess or FTP for filetransfer? As Jest said, the files should be there.

I am currently renting a server from Jest (great performance) - but am also at a loss with not being able to run the Profile. I have the profile, I can edit the profile.....but, the game will not run it for some reason. It feels like the game is running a different profile (basic profile) from somewhere else, but where?

All I want to do it take off those ridiculous crosshairs that stick to every object in the arma universe and remove those huge white hexagons from my teammates, lol......I would also like to stop the enemy from being able to sprint in the opposite direction from my fire and then spin around while still moving a nail me from 500m without raising their weapons...lol Not that much to ask...is it? Any help on the above issue is kindly appreciated.

Also rent fron jest an Kev said users/server than I see two files one is normal profile than other is vars, the vars I cant open an the other is what appears to be basic server settings. I too am tired of the Uber AI it's basically game breakin IMO. least for coop which 99% of what I have the server for.

We allow this file to be edited at http://SurvivalServers.com

We offer 100% access to all config files and server settings. If you have any questions about our hosting services I would be happy to answer.

Its may be they do not give you access because the .profile is in their users folders on c drive.

Ask them to create a -profile and have that point to your Virtual server install that way it will be placed in your ArmA3 directory in a users folder.

There should be 3 files created.......

****\****\****.Arma3Profile

****\****\****.vars.Arma3Profile

****\****\****\Arma3.cfg

(You may already have these files, if they don't seem to have any effect, it may be possible that they have a -profile pointing elsewhere

It may also be possible that the settings you are trying to change don't work anyway or cant be edited for a certain difficulty level

It may be possible that the arma.cfg used is in a non accessible location for you so you cannot tamper with the bandwidth settings

the .vars.profile is binarised, no point in even looking at it

You should defintely be able to edit your .arma3profile though

if they cant accomodate change host