Sign in to follow this  
Michaelp800

Serious injuries (graphic) - gore/violence

this issue isn't clearly going to die off so something may as well be done just to shut us up..

Well something has been done - the notion was dismissed a long time ago :)

not realy any need for the gore if you can be revived by a medic

If u are ready for a revive, u must be seriously injured. And the only way to get injured in ArmA is a traumatologically, bloody reason. If u need a revive, u should get revived. And after that u need bandages and at least medical treatment to stop bleeding. That is not 100 % real but definitively better than now!

Well With the custom uniforms and what not I feel like modders will be able to take advantage of that along with some nice gibs and bingo.....

Well With the custom uniforms and what not I feel like modders will be able to take advantage of that along with some nice gibs and bingo.....

I hope so! :D

I would like to see proper gore also. It adds tons to the feeling of being there in a real fight.

Now it doesn't have to be a part of the base game, I wouldn't mind if they made a paid for DLC out of it for the people who like it and want it, so the people who don't want it can fully ignore it and don't have to have it (even though it would always be an option you can turn off lol). Creative Assembly did something like this for Shogun 2 though too late down the line imo, with a DLC limbs could be cut off, people could be decapitated too. The only downside to it was that the blood was so over the top it destroyed all immersion. There were Kill Bill level of geysers spraying everywhere... which utterly sucked.

But a game like Red Orchestra 2 gets it down to near-perfection in my opinion. Not over the top, generally speaking not TOO gory, but you can see the effects of high explosives as limbs get torn off or people get decapitated. Alongside the excellent death screams it had a great impact on people playing the game for the first time. The forum was filled with topics on how people appreciated a game that took a shooter to a higher level of thinking, meaning that people actually started thinking about the things they were doing in a game, namely killing people, which was the goal of the game (though capping objectives is obviously much more important), yet didn't quite feel like a reward. It removed the instant gratification "+100 kill!" of other generic shooters and instead made people realise that what was depicted was the killing of people, not mindless faceless hordes of generic enemies. They had mothers they would cry out for, they experienced pain and horror. They became pitiable, and the game simply a fight to survive, not to kill.

Now there is a guy making a sound and gameplay mod for RO2, and it is quite excellent. He changed the way people die for instance, where when you get shot you fall over, the camera stays inside your head as the view slowly dims out. All other sounds start to fade away while you hear yourself die, moaning or gurgling or even crying. He reintroduced some animations for dying people too, among many other fantastic changes.

This video is really good at showing some of the new effects. Especially around 1:28 is quite bone-chilling.

Edited by SiC-Disaster
  • Like 1

I would like to see proper gore also. It adds tons to the feeling of being there in a real fight.

Now it doesn't have to be a part of the base game, I wouldn't mind if they made a paid for DLC out of it for the people who like it and want it, so the people who don't want it can fully ignore it and don't have to have it (even though it would always be an option you can turn off lol). Creative Assembly did something like this for Shogun 2 though too late down the line imo, with a DLC limbs could be cut off, people could be decapitated too. The only downside to it was that the blood was so over the top it destroyed all immersion. There were Kill Bill level of geysers spraying everywhere... which utterly sucked.

But a game like Red Orchestra 2 gets it down to near-perfection in my opinion. Not over the top, generally speaking not TOO gory, but you can see the effects of high explosives as limbs get torn off or people get decapitated. Alongside the excellent death screams it had a great impact on people playing the game for the first time. The forum was filled with topics on how people appreciated a game that took a shooter to a higher level of thinking, meaning that people actually started thinking about the things they were doing in a game, namely killing people, which was the goal of the game (though capping objectives is obviously much more important), yet didn't quite feel like a reward. It removed the instant gratification "+100 kill!" of other generic shooters and instead made people realise that what was depicted was the killing of people, not mindless faceless hordes of generic enemies. They had mothers they would cry out for, they experienced pain and horror. They became pitiable, and the game simply a fight to survive, not to kill.

Now there is a guy making a sound and gameplay mod for RO2, and it is quite excellent. He changed the way people die for instance, where when you get shot you fall over, the camera stays inside your head as the view slowly dims out. All other sounds start to fade away while you hear yourself die, moaning or gurgling or even crying. He reintroduced some animations for dying people too, among many other fantastic changes.

This video is really good at showing some of the new effects. Especially around 1:28 is quite bone-chilling.

That's very nice!!

Suggestion to ArmA 3:

If u are wounded (without losing body parts) u can get revived and u need medical treatment or at least a simple bandage to survive after revive. If u get injured deadly (that means losing body parts or a crushed head) u can't get revived... that's to keep a good gameplay (e.g. in reality losing limbs aren't deadly definitely). But how would u play without legs in ArmA.... so losing body parts only should be if u are deadly wounded and can't get revived.

I hope, there would be a system like that... inclusive gore!

Thx!

Edited by Michaelp800

That's very nice!!

Suggestion to ArmA 3:

If u are wounded (without losing body parts) u can get revived and u need medical treatment or at least a simple bandage to survive after revive. If u get injured deadly (that means losing body parts or a crushed head) u can't get revived... that's to keep a good gameplay (e.g. in reality losing limbs aren't deadly definitely). But how would u play without legs in ArmA.... so losing body parts only should be if u are deadly wounded and can't get revived.

I hope, there would be a system like that... inclusive gore!

Thx!

You know, you could take it even further and make it so that the only way to respawn is to MEDEVAC your sorry remains.

omg i wish this was on the box.

Quoted for truth!

On the A2 box it was saying "The most realistic military simulator"...

What is VBS then? ^^

About system of amputation\dismemberment.

It needs to be implemented. This greatly adds to the atmosphere. You can not do the fountains of blood and bone fragments. This is not necessary. No need to draw a severed limb. It will just change the model of the body after it injury.

About balance - a man with a severed limb in game can be considered dead or excluded from his section, but be alive.

You can put specific related tasks - "do not leave the badly wounded or dead in enemy territory." "Or, you can in some missions or campaign give extra points for the medics pass seriously wounded ​​from battlefield and ets.

The main thing is the atmosphere. Do not need brilliance and Hollywood effects. Do not need a sea of ​​blood. In the ARMA series player never felt like a god on the battlefield, he realized that his life is very cheap. The addition of such features you need for this. It is the nature of war.

+ The player with such a system will be more associated with a character game.

That part where the guy got wounded from the grenade, that was intense. Hard-hitting and unforgiving, like war should be.

It wouldn't add any value to the game play with gore. How about the other way around, no blood but the models can break apart? Or is that still classed as bad violence and would there be a possibility of some nut case trying to cut people up?

I think the devs are just ignoring this post to be honest

Normal, Arma is not GTA with an immoral content.

IF we want to play Arma with gore graphic additions, we must buy and use the Virtual Battlespace from BIS Stutdio. But, in the VBS, when a car move on a mine, the soldier could lost his legs and the player can use bag to move the death corps in it. Ok we dreams about it, but after the game could be very immoral... and Arma games had a reputation.

I don't want an Arma with only videos on the Internet about the fun gore graphic with the infinity possibilty of the editor...

Portraying a very real aspect of war in a game revolving around said topic would be immoral because?

Portraying a very real aspect of war in a game revolving around said topic would be immoral because?

It is not because it is imoral, but rather because bis choose not to. Their product their prerogative.

Either way or another BI remain very strict to it's customers/community members features requests.

I m sure things will change when another independent "opponent" software hits the market.

Edited by GiorgyGR

As long as BIS helps the community somehow to allow the community the ability to add such things to whatever extent is possible on the engine, I would be a happy little hamster. I know BIS is not keen on doing such things, and I think they already said they had no interest in pursuing it. But again, while that may be the case, at least throwing the community a bone or two so we can achieve it on some level would be nice.

Yea..but in example (in my simple thinking-mind) i thought (back there..) making the game JAVA based (while maintain support for casual formats) it

would have an estimate of +20-30% better performance right out of the box.

And the above example is one tiny portion of basics..

If i m mistaken..please correct me.

Because it would be extremely hard, time consuming, and require multidisciplinary skills just to get a working proof of concept.

It is not because it is imoral, but rather because bis choose not to. Their product their prerogative.

Not according to GranolaBar on the previous page.

Not according to GranolaBar on the previous page.

Yea..i don't believe BI would be embarrassed from some 12 y.o's that *may have some fun making videos on You Tube showing

dismemberment's in ArmA.

They aren't annoyed we -still- experiencing "John Carpenter's-The Thing-" stretching neck's and whatnot.. :)

Wondering what is the stance of BI & devs on gore implemented in future arma or perhaps even patched in to arma 3 at some point, or would this be something better left to modders to impress us with? Would gore affect possible sales due to changed rating in some countries?

I don't consider having gore as an absolute must have feature in any game but I admit I wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines ( even somewhat simplified ) of gore in arma game.