Sign in to follow this  
Michaelp800

Serious injuries (graphic) - gore/violence

@Denco

I hope so.

Disassembling bodies isn't the thing what I wish.

I just wish blood on hit body parts and (as example) traces of blood on the ground. If u are more wounded u no longer can run and u will see a bloody or grey screen (also an example). Hits in the arms can result in an unarmed soldier. Hits in legs means u can't walk anymore.

Slight injured soldiers can heal themselves. Serious injured ones need a medic... but they still can slow down the bleeding by applying bandage.

These are small things to build into the game. And it will give a better combat feeling! Why do u just say "no" even though it can be added in future? I'm not the only player who is missing bloody effects!

Man... it's war! Weapons cause bloody injuries!

BIS... please implement more blood and a better medical treating system. PLEASE.

I'd also like to see location-based wounds and a little more blood spatter -- not a gratuitous amount, but enough (as others have said) to give you a bit more context as to what's happened (blood on walls, blood trails).

I'm not so sure about dismembering. Brothers in Arms had it, though I'm not sure it added much to the game. Unlike VBS2, I think death would have to be a precondition for dismemberment in A3 because of the current medical system in game.

Hoepe there is, and the ragdoll right now don't look that impressive

Now this is a feature I would love to see. However, from a gameplay point of view, it might disrupt flow as basically any explosion would render you pretty useless. Go sit in the medical tent and try not to die while we finish the mission!

but then they could make more options... blood level (off), (small - like it is now), (medium - more blood), high (realistic wounding system), hardcore (crazy ;) )

Yeah I hear ya buddy. Arma 2 got allowed so no reason why A3 wouldn't be allowed hopefully.

Here in Germany, even we have strict laws, sometimes classifications are variable by many factors. Sometimes games with nearly no gore get filtered, censored and made 18+, while games with total gore gets (still 18+ but) not filtered at all. It all depends on the guy who classifies it, the scenes they see, the weather, how his/her wife/husband was last night, how his general mood is and so on.

Personally, I like the gore in a shitty-console-port RAGE the most, tbh. Skyrim (with several mods) also has nice gore. It's total off-topic, but just an inspiration.

Also, I think it should be in the vanilla game, but as default deactivated and via a option menu it should be customizable and turned on. Why? Because I know several people and soldiers who either suffer from PTSD or are not really able to see gore without getting traumatized. And if you sell a shooter, you wont advertise gore on the CD-Case.

Also, I think it should be in the vanilla game, but as default deactivated and via a option menu it should be customizable and turned on.

Totally agree with you @Brain. For rating question this game is about war and simulate it, so no reason that this game has rating under 18, maybe BIS will lost some customers but for good reasons, and they will grow-up, so futures customers, and the realism brings to the game for the happiness of a part of theirs already fans. If not in the vanilla version for these questions of rating, a future DLC or an additional-disc.

Sometimes games with nearly no gore get filtered, censored and made 18+, while games with total gore gets (still 18+ but) not filtered at all. It all depends on the guy who classifies it, the scenes they see, the weather, how his/her wife/husband was last night, how his general mood is and so on.

*Cough**Cough* Spec Ops: The Line.

Seriously though, how did that game make it unscathed? There's exploding heads, 3rd degree burns and other horrible, horrible things (all in 'stunning' HD), yet it made it through uncensored.

I don't think ArmA could get off that easily though.

What if I collect money for the additional support of "more gore" in ArmA 3 (e.g. an update or add-on)? Would that help or change something? ArmA (3) has a great potential and I like the game. But I miss the gore. I would pay a lot of money if that would help (and I know other people who would do that).

I'm talking about donations. In my case about 100-300 US Dollars per month. I would organize that, if it can help to implement more gore in the game. What do u think? How much u need?

(That's NOT a joke!)

//EDIT

text correction

Edited by Michaelp800

What if I collect money for the additional support of "more gore" in ArmA 3 (e.g. an update or add-on)? Would that help or change something? ArmA (3) has a great potential and I like the game. But I miss the gore. I would play a lot of money if that would help (and I know other people who would do that). I'm talking about donations. I would organize that, if it can help to implement more gore in the game. What do u think? How much u need?

(That's NOT a joke!)

Put short: no.

What if I collect money for the additional support of "more gore" in ArmA 3 (e.g. an update or add-on)? Would that help or change something? ArmA (3) has a great potential and I like the game. But I miss the gore. I would pay a lot of money if that would help (and I know other people who would do that).

I'm talking about donations. In my case about 300 dollars per month. I would organize that, if it can help to implement more gore in the game. What do u think? How much u need?

(That's NOT a joke!)

//EDIT

text correction

If you have spare 300 Dollars per Month for something like gore, I ask you to invest them into something better: my new gaming PC. :p

Hehe, nope. :D

I just invest money for things that are beneficial for me and other people (a community).

ArmA 3 is an almost perfect game... it would be perfect if it has more gore. So I'm ready to spend money.

Hehe, nope. :D

I just invest money for things that are beneficial for me and other people. ArmA 3 is an almost perfect game... it would be perfect if it has more gore. So I'm ready to spend money.

Keep your money @Michaelp800, the thing is that they can do this additional content for selling it cause not everybody is for it, with a price around 30€ it's possible and will be a great succes due to a new dimension in term of realism. I'm sure it's possible, but does BIS want it. The fact is that lot of people in a specific part of the game want more realism, like with planes and helis... An extension for battleship can be a great succes too. But not everything is to sell apart, only things specifics.

That's right too. But one thing bothers me. A war game needs (together with all the other important gameplay features) gore, gore and more gore. It's a war game. A game like this should pay more attention to that feature. I really hope, it will be added at least in a future update. If someone doesn't want gore effects, he can disable it. That's the best resolution for all. And it's not really hard work to realise that.

I honestly don't see the added value of 'more gore' in this game.

If you want 'more gore' why don't you go google some images and see how long you can deal with reality.

There's no need to bring all of reality into a game, life is real enough for that and I like games to be a welcome distraction from that.

why are you playing a war game then... war is not a game its war.. there are consiquences and people should be able to see this happen when the OPTION or MODULE is enabled.

why are you playing a war game then... war is not a game its war.. there are consiquences and people should be able to see this happen when the OPTION or MODULE is enabled.

>why are you playing war game

>was is not game, its war

I don't think you need 'gore' to understand that war has consequences.

I also don't think you can compare this 'wargame' to 'war in real life'.

It's a game and it should stay a game. Please tell me what is the added value of 'more gore' within this game?

Fixed typo

Edited by Wess

I just realised...:) _ick!! I just think it needs more because at the moment COD and BF3,4 has more realistic wounding effects

>why are you playing war game

>was is not game, its war

Please tell me what is the added value of 'more gore' within this game?

Because i like it.

I honestly don't see the added value of 'more gore' in this game.

If you want 'more gore' why don't you go google some images and see how long you can deal with reality.

There's no need to bring all of reality into a game, life is real enough for that and I like games to be a welcome distraction from that.

I and many others have seen enough gore in our real life, and we wouldn't ask for it if we can't handle it.

I don't understand that if you have seen enough gore in real life, how you could possibly ask/want more?

It just doesn't make sense to me at all, on the contrary I would expect the opposite.