Hi ! At first I really want to thank you for this addon.

Regarding NVG : AI wearing NVG are suppressed by FB but not the players.

Is it a choice or do you plan to fix it ?

By the way, you ´re doing a great job !

Thank you !

@GMJaken: lol, consider it as a new feature :). For some reason I need a dummy object to spawn on the flashbang, but it is supposed to be invisible...I don't see that on my side, but I didn't test the last update in MP and there must be a locality issue (I guess the one that throws the flashbang does not see the buckets while the other see it).

@nassh: no, it is not a gameplay choice! It should even be worst for a player wearing nvg I guess. I am aware of that bug. I didn't have time to fix it yet.

I will try to motivate my team to do some severe stress tests this week end.

@GMJaken: lol, consider it as a new feature :). For some reason I need a dummy object to spawn on the flashbang, but it is supposed to be invisible...I don't see that on my side, but I didn't test the last update in MP and there must be a locality issue (I guess the one that throws the flashbang does not see the buckets while the other see it).

Well, now my team is saying "THROWING BUCKETS!" when they use a flashbang, LOL. When we were using it on our training mission, everyone could see the buckets, including the man who threw it. I don't know if that helps...

Well, now my team is saying "THROWING BUCKETS!" when they use a flashbang, LOL. When we were using it on our training mission, everyone could see the buckets, including the man who threw it. I don't know if that helps...

Lol, this is getting fishy as I don't see the buckets here.

Are you using other addons? There must be a compatibility issue. The bucket will go away, anyway, when I will figure out how to fix the sounds.

Lol, this is getting fishy as I don't see the buckets here.

Are you using other addons? There must be a compatibility issue. The bucket will go away, anyway, when I will figure out how to fix the sounds.

We use massi's NATO/Russian SF Weapons with his US SOCOM and UK SF unit packs, Canadian Armed Forces, Tao Modular Realism with all options enabled, Community Based Addons, and Hidden Identity. If I can get a few on to do some tests, we'll start removing them one-by-one and see if anything changes.

---------- Post added at 01:16 ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 ----------

Just tested it. Its Canadian Armed Forces that's interfering with your flashbangs. Here's a link if it helps: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19420

@GMJaken thankks for the info. So far, the list of incompatibilities is:

Canadian Arman Forces, All In Arma and Sweedish Forces Pack.

Since the latest (DevBranch) Update, the Flashbang seems to be broken.

Someone already mentionned Buckets spawning at the Location, i did not have this Problem up to now, since the latest update. Visible Buckets (about 4-5?) Spawn on the Location of explosion, there is no Visual Effect. The Sound is *incredibly* Loud (I have a 5.1 Headset and had a real "ringing sound in my ears" after that) and can be heard anywhere, no matter how far you are away from the explosion. Also, blinding Effect on AI and Players seems to be no more Working. Are there any existing/known fixes for this, since the Problem isn't new? - and no, i do not use any of the above mentionned incmpatible addons)

yes, sorry for that. The buckets are dummy objects created by the scripts and they are supposed to be invisible. It is already fixed in principle, but I am waiting for my team to test it before releasing a fix.

The fact that there is more than one bucket is really bad and means that this way of doing things does not work, so the plan is to make a small update with a hotfix to remove the buckets, then I will try to find time to make the whole thing works differently which can take some time.

I'm just curious since the addons worked flawlessly until yesterday. What could cause such a behaviour? - It works, in Stable Branch, btw, just Devbranch bugs.

OK, whatever I do, the "bucket way" does not work, so I am redoing it all from scratch. By working flawlessly, you mean in SP I guess ?

It was quicker than I thought: New version (0.6) on the frontpage.

changelog:

-new way of triggering the scripts (should be less buggy)

-sound tweaked

-flying buckets removed ;)

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to mention it: It requires CBA now

Edited by super-truite

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Edited by Guest

That´s it! Very well update!!!

One question: it is impossible to make it compatible with AiA?

Thanks for your continuous great work!

My group seems disappointed about the loss of buckets... They are a fickle bunch. Thanks for the update! Can't live without my flashbang.

@GMJAken: Sorry for that, I needed to remove them to make them better: Next, the flying buckets will in turn throw buckets which will throw buckets ect., filling the room and making the enemy suffocate ;)

On a more serious note, since you seem to use this a lot, please tell me if there are any issues (it is working in a completely different way now and I didn't think nor tested much).

@Flipper: yes it should be possible to make it compatible with AiA, but in the end it will complicate things as there would be an AiA version and the other. So I don't know what I will do. Also, I need to fix some bugs before thinking about compatibility issues.

EDIT: By the way, a little advertisement ;):

to clear out buildings, I recommend on top of the flashbang, to use the M93R made by my modding colleague sebj:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?166978-Beretta-Model-93R-quot-Raffica-quot

In Full-auto with a suppressor, it is quite a handy tool in CQB.

Edited by super-truite

Will do, Super. My unit can't live without your flashbangs (sometimes literally - dat AI). I will endeavor to put the update through its paces and let you know how it fares.

Since I installed V0.6, your addon is totally buged :

- as soon as I launch my first FB, I'm flashed meanwhile it did not explode yet;

- when I launch another FB, even IG it´s 20m away, I'm flashed.

Thx for your concern.

hmm, this is weird, so far the feedback I have on v0.6 is positive and for once I manage to find time to test it ;). I didn't see any game breaking bug.

Do you have an other mod activated? Didn't you forget to use CBA? Are you on Dev branch?

Hi, thanks for your concern because I did not know if it was just on my side...

Yes I use CBA

No I'm not in devbranch

Yes I use other mods.

I will Check if there's an incompatibility somewhere and I'll let you know.

So far, the incompatibilities found are the following: Canadian Arman Forces, All In Arma and Sweedish Forces Pack

Ok, thanks, I will add it to the list. In fact, all the mods having new grenades compared to the arma 3 ones or modifying them might be incompatible between themselves.

As I said before, to make them compatible one has to create custom new soldiers that would appear in the editor and that would be the only ones able to throw the grenade. Two problems with this solution:

- I would have some more work to do ;)

- This would mess things a bit in the editor and would require more work from the user too in some situations.

I will probably do something about it in the future, but it will be soon ;).

Edited by super-truite

Ok thanks !

If it can help you : I always used EGTI with your FB, and I just encountered problems with 0.6.

Thank you for your concern.

hey there,

I get a script error. Also a script error on a dedicated server.

gg2tbbrz.png

We use the Dev built.

Any Idea how I can fix this?