aha, you're right!

I'm trying to add the flashbangs to a crate using the samecode, doesn't work. Removing everything from the crate first, thén adding them; doesn't work either. Any idea's?

You need to use this command instead: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/addMagazineCargo.

I added an ammocrate in the mod. I am making an updated version wich fixes the error message "not an array blabla" but I want to fix something else before releasing it.

Nice job! Actually the particles don't seem that wrong:

Lol, it is quite close indeed, I had no idea it was like that! I was just playing like a child with the different parameters :). I still want to make something better though (There are still some weird smoke effects that are completely random).

Any thoughts on a flashbang round for an underslung.. maybe alpha team ran out of FB, Bravo can launch one in threw the window?? I donno just an idea. Thanks for this!!

Really good idea. But I have to fix all the other issues before adding this, so if someone want to use my code, for this to happen faster, feel free to do so.

Edited by super-truite

Really good idea. But I have to fix all the other issues before adding this, so if someone want to use my code, for this to happen faster, feel free to do so.

Dont you just have to change the classname and modelname?

Dont you just have to change the classname and modelname?

sure but after I will probably need to tweak some stuff like timefuse variable and similar things. if It works directly well, I'll add it, otherwise it will be for later. I have a really cool project I am working on with someone else and I don't have too much time for the flashbang unfortunately.

Does this work properly in stunning bots?

Yes it does. you'll get a few seconds without them shooting you. Just enough to clear the room.

New version:

Version: 0.3

- fixed: no error message anymore when you launch the first flashbang ("is not an array...")

- fixed: Now, the AI drop dead even if they didn't finish the "stun animation" when you shoot them.

- added: test MX with Grenade Launcher accepting "flashing" ammo

(currently broken: no sound and no reload animation)

-added: ammobox with the flashbang, the test Weapon and the Flash grenades for the GL.

Very nice! Thanks for sharing your work.

can I add some alittle request?)

to add inside house check for player position

in effectonplayer.sqf

like this code

if ((_this select 0) == player) 
then {		
 _xpos = getposASL _unit;
if (
	(lineIntersects [_xpos, [(_xpos select 0),(_xpos select 1),((_xpos select 2) + 16)],_unit]) and
	(lineIntersects [_xpos, [(_xpos select 0),((_xpos select 1)+ 16),(_xpos select 2)],_unit]) and
	(lineIntersects [_xpos, [((_xpos select 0)+ 16),(_xpos select 1),(_xpos select 2)],_unit]) 
	)
	then {

sorry my bad engliz

ps

and maybe for AI do not use disbleai then _unit setSkill array instead

something like this

_xpos = getposASL _unit;
if (
	(lineIntersects [_xpos, [(_xpos select 0),(_xpos select 1),((_xpos select 2) + 16)],_unit]) and
	(lineIntersects [_xpos, [(_xpos select 0),((_xpos select 1)+ 16),(_xpos select 2)],_unit]) and
	(lineIntersects [_xpos, [((_xpos select 0)+ 16),(_xpos select 1),(_xpos select 2)],_unit]) 
	)
	then {
		_unit addEventHandler ["Hit",{(_this select 0) switchmove "";}];
		_unit switchmove "acts_CrouchingCoveringRifle01";
		_unit setSkill ["aimingAccuracy", 0.01];
		_unit setSkill ["aimingSpeed", 0.01];
		_unit setSkill ["courage", 0.01];

Edited by nikita320106
red

I played a mission for like two hours last night. My buddies and I all had flashbangs and we were clearing out enemy strongholds in Ageia Marina. They worked wonderfully. I'll have to download the new version and try it out. A few times we shot like crazy thinking we didn't kill an enemy because of the flash animation lol.

Anyhow, thanks!

@nikita320106:

Hmm, it should be indeed less effective outdoor, but it was a gameplay choice to make it stun people even outside buildings. But point taken. What I could do is define two different effects indoor/outdoor so that we are both happy :).

As for the AI behavior, I don't know yet what I will do in the end. The last time I tried to use it, SetSkill was not doing anything, but maybe it's fixed now.

Thanks for the feedback/ideas .

New version:

Version: 0.3

- fixed: no error message anymore when you launch the first flashbang ("is not an array...")

- fixed: Now, the AI drop dead even if they didn't finish the "stun animation" when you shoot them.

- added: test MX with Grenade Launcher accepting "flashing" ammo

(currently broken: no sound and no reload animation)

-added: ammobox with the flashbang, the test Weapon and the Flash grenades for the GL.

Nice Cant wait to shot a FB from afar!

downloaded latest version. one of the coolest and most usefull mod out there. :D

Just noticed that if you are wearing NVG's the flash doesnt effect you.. It doesn't linger. There is a flash but it goes away instantly. With out the NVG's it works well. I cannot get the launcher to launch flashbangs? when I fire i dont see any flashbangs..

Just noticed that if you are wearing NVG's the flash doesnt effect you.. It doesn't linger. There is a flash but it goes away instantly. With out the NVG's it works well. I cannot get the launcher to launch flashbangs? when I fire i dont see any flashbangs..

Thanks, I found a solution for the NVG issue. It will be fixed in the next update.

As for the GL, sorry, It is set on low priority! For those asking themselves where the hell I saw such a weapon, the answer is I didn't and I think it doesn't exist in real life. But it was suggested By Lordprimate to add it and gameplay wise, it is not a bad idea since it is way less dangerous to use than the flashbang (In real life I guess you rarely blow yourself up by launching a grenade at your feet or by hitting a wall 50 cm from you, but in arma, this happens all the time :)).

Edited by super-truite

Any Chance we're getting some Bisign Keys for SigCheckV2?

Any Chance we're getting some Bisign Keys for SigCheckV2?

Yes please, a V2 bisign and key would be nice! Please and thank you in advance!!

New version on frontpage with the .bisign. Tell me if there is any problem as it is the first time I create a signature and I must admit I didn't read all the instructions...

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It was time for this grenade/flashbang!

Great for CQB!

Continue your good work!

Nice addon, and nice work :)

Edited by [CSLA]LUKI

Nice mod, really love it and it would come in much handy, but one problem I noticed is that when running the AllinArma Mod, the flashbang grenades do not show up when trying to select them as a grenade... Very strange... maybe it doesn't recognize it as a grenade but it definitely shows up in the inventory. Would be great if it was to work with AllinArma, I wanted to use this mod with AllinArma in a campaign/mission pack I'm working on! Please acknowledge!

Hmm, sorry I lost my copy of arma 2 and it will be difficult to test the compatibility with AllinArma... I kind of know where the issue could come from. When I'll have time to come back to this project, I'll try to provide a way out.

PS: If you know a bit how the config.cpp works and if you don't want to wait, I can guide you so that you can fix it yourself.