This addon adds a flashbang grenade.

Here are the links to the addon:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/rjvdz2agbohp1cy/%40SUPER_flashv07.rar(v0.7)

On Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21139 (V0.61)

Please Report any bug you find in this thread.

Please note that the class names have changed since v0.5!

To add the flashbang to your soldier, put this in its init field:

this addmagazines["SUPER_flash",5]

There is also an ammobox with the flashbang in the editor, in Oject/Ammo

media:

-screen:

rK6wXLp.jpg?1

>>>>> VERSION

>>>>> CHANGE LOG:

Version: v0.2 Alpha (1st public release)

Version: 0.3

- fixed: no error message anymore when you launch the first flashbang ("is not an array...")

- fixed: Now, the AI drop dead even if they didn't finish the "stun animation" when you shoot them.

- added: test MX with Grenade Launcher accepting "flashing" ammo

(currently broken: no sound and no reload animation)

-added: ammobox with the flashbang, the test Weapon and the Flash grenades for the GL.

Version: 0.4

-added: .bisign

- fixed: no grenade sound on top of the flashbang one anymore (flashbang sound to be changed later)

Version: 0.5 beta

-added: .bikey (I forgot it in 0.4)

-fixed: Grenade Launcher now working

-added: the effect is now directional

-fixed: the "stunned" animation was triggered on dead AI as well

Version: 0.51 beta

-fixed:error message

-fixed: various sound related issues

Version: 0.6

-new way of triggering the scripts (should be less buggy)

-sound tweaked

-flying buckets removed ;)

Version: 0.61

-players wearing NVG are now affected by the flash

-error message in dev branch removed

Version: 0.7

- Made it so it adds to muzzles and not redefines (using += in config).

- Changed the mass to be 5 (realistically flashbangs weigh about half of hand grenades and HG's mass is 10).

- Changed most of the scripts to be CfgFunctions (get compileFinal'd at start by ArmA, which might result in a minor performance increase), also means it doesn't use Extended_Init anymore.

- Made use of a PPEffect variable to allow it to be forced to show in NVG's, this removes the workaround you had done.

- Did a slight adjustment to the setting of the sound volume (now fades mostly while vision returns but lingers slightly afterwards).

- Cleaned up \scripts\flashbang.sqf, now uses the faster nearEntities and only returns CAManBase (Man includes some animals I believe. Only does all the checks if the unit is the player (should reduce any possible slowdown due to many people around flash bangs).

- Overall, declared all private variables in the scripts to avoid any potential issues.

>>>>> REQUIREMENTS

Arma 3 Alpha

>>>>> INSTALLATION

Unpack and copy @REV1_flashbang to your ArmA3 root folder

Then add the following launch parameters

-mod=@REV1_FLASHBANG

>>>>> BUGS AND KNOWN ISSUES

- windows are blowing up a bit too far from the explosion sometimes

- you get flashed even if the grenade explode behind your back

- AI "stunned" animation does not stop even if the AI is dead

- sound bug : grenade default sound heard on top of the flashbang one

- Ugly particle effects

- The flash instantaneously disapear when wearing NVG

- The test grenade launcher is broken

- issues with the sounds

-incompatibility with the following Addons:

Canadian Arman Forces, All In Arma and Sweedish Forces Pack, Extended Grenades & Throwable Items (EGTI)(should be fixed since 0.7, waiting for confirmation)

(Because of other projects I am working on, I can't promise that I will fix everything soon)

>>>>> To DO

- New animations

- New Sounds

- Better Particle effects

- sort of QTE to protect yourself when you identify a flashbang thrown at you?

-Indoor vs outdoor effect

>>>>> CREDITS AND THANKS

credit:

Code:LordHeart, Super-truite

3D: sebj

Thanks to:

-BIS

-Community, in particular LordHeart for the 0.7 update ;), Messiah, Thromp, Tajin and probably others for their help on the forum

-zooloo85 for his mission http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149766-Hostage-Rescue-Extreme-Edition

(I took the yellowish part of the blinding effect from his code)

-Mike from the team 1REV for the sound effects

-1REV Team for testing

-Foxhound for hosting the file on Armaholic

Edited by super-truite
update

I added a short video. Also, I changed the file (it was the wrong one before)

Awesome, but are flashbangs really that loud?

Thanks Foxhound.

@brad7: I have never been exposed to a real flashbang explosion :). But I might have been a bit brutal with the sound volume. If I have more feedback going in this direction, I'll make the sound softer

Haha allright it sounds like a grenade has been dropped at your feet :-p

Now that does look fun!

Just curious as what would happen if you throw the flashbang but no-one else had the addon?

Never do that! Never...:)

In fact I have no idea what would happen. Probably nothing. At least they won't see the grenade, that is for sure but would they be affected by it? I don't know.

Yes the Flashbangs ARE that loud.

Their work is to disorient the target.

We can also simulate BRUTAL sounds-of-war because is part of the simulation to get used to gunshots

or loud explosion sounds maintaining your skillz under hellish situations.

There are other games where sounds can be like "Dora the Explorer" ;)

Hi, that addon looks great and very useful. Let's C ya

Really like this .. does seem a little loud, but only a little. In reality they also hiss prior to them going off. Just don't be under a fuel bowser when someone throws one at you (true story!)

In fact I have no idea what would happen. Probably nothing. At least they won't see the grenade, that is for sure but would they be affected by it? I don't know.

Just a loud bang and nothing lol

Its great well done :)

About sound loudness great but it needs simple and crisp bang , at moment it has element of frag , meaning almost a lower level of structural damage if you understand.

---------- Post added at 22:53 ---------- Previous post was at 22:08 ----------

[/color]Just to note, dead bodies will do the animation for being stunned when the grenade goes off. even if they're... dead...

Working bloody great for room clearance!

Which tbh, most missions on Stratis involves this ;)

Edited by ck-claw

Thanks for all your feedback.

I will try to fix some of the simple issues this week end if I have time.

I had some complaints about the duration of the blinding effects for human players. I would like to have more feedback concerning this before changing it. In my opinion, it could be nice to reduce it by 2 seconds.

Maybe theres someone here who actually experienced being flashed. he could help you. I think the duration is good as it is! Only improvement I could think about is maybe custom sounds and an ammo box for in the editor. (not sure if u have that allready)

edit: and I'm not so sure about the particles that you see when it explodes.. that's all!

Edited by ltsThomas

Maybe theres someone here who actually experienced being flashed. he could help you. I think the duration is good as it is! Only improvement I could think about is maybe custom sounds and an ammo box for in the editor. (not sure if u have that allready)

edit: and I'm not so sure about the particles that you see when it explodes.. that's all!

Thanks for the feedback, It's a good idea to add an ammo box for people scared about code :). The sound is already custom, but I think you can hear the default grenade sound as well on top of it, I will fix it. I'll do it for the next update. As for the particles, I know, they are ugly! I was a particle noob when I made this addon. But I will change that later.

Any thoughts on a flashbang round for an underslung.. maybe alpha team ran out of FB, Bravo can launch one in threw the window?? I donno just an idea. Thanks for this!!

Any thoughts on a flashbang round for an underslung.. maybe alpha team ran out of FB, Bravo can launch one in threw the window?? I donno just an idea. Thanks for this!!

All he would have to do is apply what he has done to a gl shell instead of a smoke grenade I think - great idea

aha, you're right!

I'm trying to add the flashbangs to a crate using the samecode, doesn't work. Removing everything from the crate first, thén adding them; doesn't work either. Any idea's?