Sign in to follow this  
cpt_smagnet

SetRain, SetForecast, SetFog not working in CWA?

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone noticed that the setFog, setRain, and setForecast (forgot the spelling, i always look up for a scripting dict) seemed barely working?

It started when I tried to reuse NIMOD v1.6 and tried to test the demo mission in editor, but nothing happened. Particles were not created, btw.

Then I went on to directly test the code "30 setFog 1" and blablabla, but nothing seemed to change, not a cloud, not a fog, whatsoever.

I think I have installed my CWA correctly, and I have tested the codes for at least a month, but nothing changed.

I also tried searching, but nothing came back.

Did anyone notice this problem? are there any solutions?

Thx~

regards,

Cpt. S-Magnet

I have no problems with the weather commands in CWA. Your problem might be related to this, quoted from BI Wiki:

Only one script command induced weather change (either setOvercast or setFog) can be happening at a time. Starting a new weather change will immediately halt the current weather change. SetRain changes are independent and can occur simultaneously to a weather change.

As Rellikki says, just placing a pause between the setOvercast and setFog should solve this.

Something like:

0 setOvercast 0.5
~0.1
0 setFog 0.7

Remember to make the pause higher than the transition time set for setOvercast. So if it's 5 setOvercast 0.5 place a pause of 5.1 or so. The important thing is that the fog must only start once the overcast has been fully processed.

Also, as the wiki mentions:

Rain is not possible when overcast is less than 0.7

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Thx masters! the code is working again! I don't know why it didn't work before...tried all single code or combined, or pauses between them...

BTW it is really thrilling (positively) to see the makers of great addons replying my post!

OFP hardcore players are usually sweet people to get along with:)

And if I may, I would like to ask a follow-up:confused:

The NIMOD Weather Addon is still not working. I wonder if it is the "missionstart" function that downed the addon...

The init script of a Nim effect begins like this (it is called via Init Eventhandler of a logic):

_logic = _this select 0

_server = false

?(local _logic):_server = true

?((missionstart select 0) == 0):_server = false

?(_server):exit

then I tried "missionstart" in my editor, but select 0 returned 2013 (BTW I can't get format ["%1",missionstart select 4] correct, it returns "scalar blablabla"...)

I simply don't understand what this is about, since I forgot the locality of a logic...

Again really much appreciate your help!

Regards,

Cpt. S-Magnet