Sign in to follow this  
aoshi

Run in bush

Simple thing, did you ever run trough a bush? is hard, and you will slow down, I believe is a simple thing to put in arma 3,( a slow when runing trough a bush) or tree foliage, and will enchant gameplay

Interesting, bushes should slow down movement. Upload a ticket to the ARMA 3 Feedback Tracker! ;)

Unfortunately the standard in fps's is that you technically float on the ground. Differences in movement based on terrain are relatively rare and honestly anything that slows down people probably wont be well received by the current gaming community

Unfortunately the standard in fps's is that you technically float on the ground. Differences in movement based on terrain are relatively rare and honestly anything that slows down people probably wont be well received by the current gaming community

In ARMA, your view is actually tied down to a physical body, so no floating arms! :)

Unfortunately your feet never really touch the ground. There is no simulation of a body interactng with the ground. Running through Cherno is the same as running through Lingor. Running up a sandy mountain in Takistan is the same as running up a mountain in Utes. Or to go even more simply running in the woods is same as running on asphalt.

So what? Bushes are objects.

I would probably add a few more things into consideration when planning. Avoid this area if you want to move fast

There are a few larger bushes that stop you/restrict you movement, there are some smaller ones that don’t, as they have very few if any “woody†branches of any consequence, so would be the sort of thing you could barge through especially with heavy cloths on etc as opposed to say with shorts, t-shirt and sandals on.

I think BI needs to send some Devs to walk into bushes, field research.

Record it!

Record it!

Walking through bushes, water... underwater fights, flying helicopters upside down... I bet BIS are having the times of their lives!

Sounds could be improved too. Disturbing bushes, twigs and leaves on the ground at different speeds should be audible.

Sounds could be improved too. Disturbing bushes, twigs and leaves on the ground at different speeds should be audible.

That will come. They are working on sounds...

Hmm in the ticket it says Running on the road should take less effort than running on grass.

Actually over longer distances it's better to run on Grass, it absorbs more of the impact when you're running/carrying weight for example.

Maybe if you're wearing trainers and sprinting on a man-made flat surface then it's quicker over a short distance but over a longer distance/if you're wearing boots and you're not sprinting flat-out I really don't believe there would be that big a difference in speed/fatigue.

So maybe they could tweak it so that if you're doing the burst-sprint it's quicker on a road, but running/jogging is just as quick on grass as it is on a road?

But with the bushes I completely agree, it would be a cool feature to play around with :)

Hmm in the ticket it says Running on the road should take less effort than running on grass.

Actually over longer distances it's better to run on Grass, it absorbs more of the impact when you're running/carrying weight for example.

Maybe if you're wearing trainers and sprinting on a man-made flat surface then it's quicker over a short distance but over a longer distance/if you're wearing boots and you're not sprinting flat-out I really don't believe there would be that big a difference in speed/fatigue.

So maybe they could tweak it so that if you're doing the burst-sprint it's quicker on a road, but running/jogging is just as quick on grass as it is on a road?

But with the bushes I completely agree, it would be a cool feature to play around with :)

Then why isn't the Marathon on grass? :confused:

I'd also like to see some bushes stop acting as solid objects because some of them are kinda silly. Especially when a tank jerks any time it hits a wispy desert bush or a freakin' heli can't land on a tame little plant without falling over because it doesn't crush the plant.

Record it!

agree!

I would laugh so much

would be a better thing in the ARMA 3 than in the other games