fromz

Diaoyu Islands by Fromz - New Terrain simulation for ArmA3

I just noiced this thread, and in a way, it makes me want to either watch "Castaway" or figure out a way to make a mission to that idea, lol. Great work.

Your Island might come into play soon. Somewhere in the middle it's mentioned!!!

http://freebeacon.com/chinese-naval-vessel-tries-to-force-u-s-warship-to-stop-in-international-waters/

Senkaku will come into play at some point (although the solution would be to come to an agreement sharing the island). Not sure if that's a reason to kinda necro this thread, but I like this island, just needs some fine-tuning at the peaks because it's way too sharp. Wish we had a US, Japanese, and Chinese fleet addon to go with it.

Senkaku will come into play at some point (although the solution would be to come to an agreement sharing the island). Not sure if that's a reason to kinda necro this thread, but I like this island, just needs some fine-tuning at the peaks because it's way too sharp. Wish we had a US, Japanese, and Chinese fleet addon to go with it.

I guess for the US we have the Nimitz and A2's Destroyer (hopefully being ported over).

Chinese, there's the Russian Admiral Kuznetsov carrier (wich China has one of) from A2 that could be ported over, and probably the Russian Frigate from this pack.

The Japs, JSDF Pack for A2 has a Japanese warship of some sort.

Run these with AiA and you should have a bit of naval warfare going on there.

How are they too sharp? In real life they are "sharp". It's fine how it is.

How are they too sharp? In real life they are "sharp". It's fine how it is.

It's like a pyramid with a completely flat plateau with a completely sharp, low LOD edge. That's not realistic. That's all I'm saying. Unless you've actually been to the peaks on this map, then you don't know what I'm talking about.

It's like a pyramid with a completely flat plateau with a completely sharp, low LOD edge. That's not realistic. That's all I'm saying. Unless you've actually been to the peaks on this map, then you don't know what I'm talking about.

Oh, you mean the "drop off" on the cliffs is unrealistic. I though you were saying the jagged mountains on the islands should be changed.

Oh, you mean the "drop off" on the cliffs is unrealistic. I though you were saying the jagged mountains on the islands should be changed.

Well they just need to be fine tuned. There's always a bit of roundedness. It's not noticeable until you're right on top of it. But yeah, the drop off. But that's it. Other than that, island is awesome.

I think Senkaku; if the U.S. Japan, Taiwan, and China don't start increasing "good" diplomatic relations; could be the start of a flash-point, or just a small skirmish. If anyone remembers, China got into a skirmish with Vietnam and killed Vietnamese soldiers, as well as sank a few ships over just a couple little islands in like 1990? if i remember correctly, they say the Vietnamese fired first (or so the story goes).

Yeah I was reading up about the position of Taiwan and the islands in the south China sea and basically it's really a delicate situation. China saying numerous Japanese islands, Vietnamese islands and more are all part of China as well as the whole of Taiwan. Also considering the US refocusing it's military in Asia its proabably going to increase tensions such as the air-secruity zone thing set up by China which then promptly had B-52's flown through it. And when China tried to block a US destroyer with their aircraft carrier nearly causing a collision!

What the island needs is a little more detail in the woods. Right now, it's a "flat" terrain with trees every x meters. It's lacking rocks / rocky places and other objects to spend some more cover (and add to the look). One example being the huge cliff sides, which are plain terrain right now (and you can even walk them up). Placing huge rock formations on these should make it look a lot better and detailed. Also I'd say the island needs a bit more variation when it comes to the tree placement. Right now it feels to me like 1:1 taken from a random tree placement generator. A few open grounds with rocks and closer / wider tree placement and such here and there would probably help giving more diversion. A good example for this is the coast line on various positions.

I say no to this idea:P

adding rocks doesnt make the map visually better, and also there are island with plain sand coastlines.(and it is a lot nicer)

adding rocks makes the map more heavy (lower fps) and makes pathfindig hard for AI, or just think about the arma wall glitch effects...

@Fromz: thx for this map, nice work i was looking for a map like this.So is this map made in arma 2 editor( you posted that using afrcican foliage, but whenever i load up an arma 2 ported map, trees and grass looks bad without high settings, but your map looks the same as arma 3 native) and ported to arma 3?(or it is totally native arma 3 map, as it looks i think it is made in arma 3) i am rly happy:)

also for everybody: map needs CBA

Edited by Faultron

First sorry to relive this but I have to ask, is this mod / map dead?

considering the last post in this thread was from march 2014, I'd assume so...

considering the last post in this thread was from march 2014, I'd assume so...

Shhhhhhhh, don't bring common-sense to the discussion :)