fromz

Diaoyu Islands by Fromz - New Terrain simulation for ArmA3

Dont matter its fixed, Great addon!

Edited by brad7

just wanted to say, installed the map with given instructions, worked like a charm (no other mods active)

here's a little sneak peak:

I like it, it's very good looking and perfectly fits the ArmA3 lighting. However, I do think that it's too big.It's 655.36 square kilometers (that's almost 2.5 times Altis) and is mostly just empty sea.

Also, could there be more flat surfaces, maybe roads, in the next release? Putting some of the vehicles on the land sometimes results in them doing

so far i get that error i previously posted when i run FA_Stance or HMM_StanceIndicator. There are others that are causing the error, ill report more later

And to note I cannot play in the editor when this error pops up.. It starts to load the mission and kicks me back to the editor, with the error.. I can try to preview again.. same thing, kicked back into editor with error message.

I dont know why they would cause there error but as stated only when i run those mods and a few others yet to be narrowed down..

Nice island!!!

Edited by Lordprimate

Em, very few structures in this phase, In the real world, these also are uninhabited islands with few man-made features.

The recent version of the Vistor 3 PE (BI Tools v2.51 for ArmA2) does not directly support to use many ArmA3 buildings, vegetation or rocks,

I suppose that is because the old tools cannot debinarize the models of Arma 3...

(Downloading the island right now, pictures look great :))

Very nice fromz! I have been very interested and looking forward to these since you posted the first WIP's :)

While there are still some smaller issues with e.g the large trees and some too sharp edges at hills etc, it's a very nice and completely new atmosphere you experience there.

Thank your for the release!

btw, some really nice units you have there on your blog ;)

ArmA3 Alpha 0.61.106546 is working fine without error of many pepole.

Any one couse the

no entry 'bin\config.bin/RscTitles/SplashFromz/Picture.type'.

please post what's your ArmA3 version build and what other addons you use,

Do read and tell me what says in your .rpt file related with "no entry" and "Picture.type"

The .rpt file can be found in your persional profile folder.

I suppose that is because the old tools cannot debinarize the models of Arma 3...

so i guess the old trick of changing the format/version or whatever in the hex editor doesn't help?

anyways. good stuff. i'm gonna try this out as soon as i'm home.

I can't help mentioning the sino-Japanese dispute again despite acknowledging it is unwise to pull politics and game together.

I clearly know any comments from game to politics should be serious in order to avoid unnecessary quarrel between both sides, while as a Chinese, I still wanna to reemphasis that DiaoYu Island belongs to China and it's sacreded and inviolable. Once again great thanks for Fromz brings this beautiful island for us.

Im running alot of mods etc and ive got no errors so far..

Excellent, thanks for the release!

I'll try this out ASAP!

Celebrate Information From Liberty Zone People!

Nice Work! :3

Beautiful map! The huge space between the islands are amazing! I was considering using this map for a custom version my life mission, couldn't find much flat land though lol :P

A bunch of island with a lot of flat spaces and huge spaces of ocean between them would be amazing for the RP community :)

Good work on the map, hopefully we'll be lucky to see more maps from you!

Personally i think the top right island is the best...

looking great! And I love that it takes 1/3 tank of gas in a MH to fly from the northeastern island to the main island - a perfect base/respawn point

Nice work !

i also hope that some people will make some missions

Wow this came out of nowhere! Looks amazing. The comparison between the real island is awesome.

I'm not using that, and got the error too.

Pepole who got error message please read the spoiler of BUGS AND KNOWN ISSUES in release post.