Sign in to follow this  
Apostate

I have a few questions vehicle cargo physics, destruction and Steam.

Is there proper or at least better than Arma 2 vehicle physics regarding loading cargo into or running about inside vehicles in Arma3.

If you look at this video from an old game it will give you a rough idea of what I mean. You could freely run around inside the dropship while it was flying or jump into the turret points as well as drive vehicles into or out of the dropship.

I've also seen something similar with the VBS.

How much better is destruction when it comes to buildings and vehicles? Can you shoot holes in buildings or bits off vehicles ?

With the backlash over the restrictive practices on the Xbox One will there be any reconsideration over forcing players to use Steam?

German Armed Forces Mod is working on "walkable" surface vessels, but no ETA.

As for Steamworks -- almost certainly not, especially when the game is already designed with Steam built-in (though this integration is WIP) and the whole thing was negotiated/signed/implemented and then presented as a fait accompli that basically said "we know that this will upset some players, but we're doing it anyway because our CEO said to get this game out in 2013 and Steamworks was the only way to meet that deadline... plus it makes development a lot easier for us!" (DM, who professes personal acknowledge of the devs, has essentially said that having to maintain multiple non-Steam versions of Arma 2 was a burden that negatively affected Arma 2 development.) Unofficially, I believe that the fact that the devs could count on Steam fans, both on and off of these forums, to defend the decision as well played a part in it... and frankly, I believe that that bet's paid off.

I for one am looking forward to future BI titles being Steamworks as well. :D

Thanks for the reply but what about the damages.

Is there proper or at least better than Arma 2 vehicle physics regarding loading cargo into or running about inside vehicles in Arma3.

no, doubt it will happen to have the "move inside" feature before a future iteration.

I've also seen something similar with the VBS.

this is not VBS though

How much better is destruction when it comes to buildings and vehicles? Can you shoot holes in buildings or bits off vehicles ?

Same as A2.

With the backlash over the restrictive practices on the Xbox One will there be any reconsideration over forcing players to use Steam?

no