TxT

US Destroyer Ship (WIP)

Not sure if it's been replied to before but have you been able to get the ship to be driven while having helis ontop and not moving? If not but it can be driven then maybe add a attached script where weights apper on the wheels of the heli which attach it to the deck. I mean the boat would have to be stoped during all this. 

So for example ship being driver across water it stops for heli to land on. Heli lands on it and is moved into hanger and has the weights put on to stop it moving. Then the boat can begin moving again.

Just something that poped into my head while looks at the awesome pic's thought had nothing to lose to would post it anyway. Looks great so far keep it up :)

Yeah I think we talked about it before and there will be somthing like that this is somthing I wanted from the start put not sure I can deliver to you guys with out help, I got lot of people behind me in this to help me out. What I know best is to model so all the coding side will some one help me with or work on.

There is no issue with helicopters sliding on ships anymore, i was shocked when i tried to land a heli on the early version of ur LCS, and the helicopter sticked to the surface while moving at high speeds. 

The issue with man class sliding still is a problem tough.

Ship looks great btw!

Logistics pack

Here is the photos off the HEMTT tuck i made to day. (When i was live streaming)

(The vehicle door is not done and the windows)

388105_fc484bb8b2b94c10aebb95e97348f27a~

388105_f847e18a63eb445f818be9d952ec967e~

388105_57d38f3a724f4b1e894116162645a221~

388105_9b6307d3424b4c51a094b37ad78b4b46~

• Like 6

Did someone say logistics pack? I was going to make a request for the HEMTT with palletized load system and saw this. What a nice surprise. Thanks TxT ! Looks great and very promising.

• Like 1

since the LCS don't have any VLS yet, is that possible that those secondary guns are replaced with AShM (LRASM) launchers?

Going to stream to day going live after this post.

Did someone say logistics pack? I was going to make a request for the HEMTT with palletized load system and saw this. What a nice surprise. Thanks TxT ! Looks great and very promising.

Yeah thanks, this is for the logistics pack i have been working on there is more vehicles that come with that pack if you look in the previewst posts

since the LCS don't have any VLS yet, is that possible that those secondary guns are replaced with AShM (LRASM) launchers?

I can only say maybe. VLS is going to be on the ship any way.

• Like 3

Hey guys, This is some stuff i have been working along with my ship just wanted to show you guys what else will be in my pack.

Log_zpsajsa8bze.png

Totally missed these ! I`d love to operate those lifters :) 

• Like 2

Here is an issue that bugs a lot of people;  Would like to get a fix that makes these vehicles to be able to drive at least 50 km/h uphill ,some of the Swedidsh SAM vehicles can perform that ,so I know it is doable.

IRL,these vehicles is very fast,actually.On an other note,could we get MP-cars to corner off Seaports?  

Could you possible add some panzer to the vehicles?  That one needs M-99 rifle to make them in-op? Even LPVS are hard to destroy.

Edited by teddymosart1

HEMTT Update that i did to day and still working on

388105_05abd6394f8f4fe29d6fa83763305e0c~

388105_339a80b862604bbda75dede2f2450c45~

388105_31558bba7cf046b5b802afe01e7ba521~

388105_274a3b8b0c254aaaa10cf954bba7dcd4~

388105_4816a2e3ce6547738e6cf41c1fe6a4dd~

388105_13d74438aa534a7a878d86a22505acb9~

388105_477f620b89824cc9914cab9c8fa7d35e~

Here is an issue that bugs a lot of people;  Would like to get a fix that makes these vehicles to be able to drive at least 50 km/h uphill ,some of the Swedidsh SAM vehicles can perform that ,so I know it is doable.

IRL,these vehicles is very fast,actually.On an other note,could we get MP-cars to corner off Seaports?  

Could you possible add some panzer to the vehicles?  That one needs M-99 rifle to make them in-op? Even LPVS are hard to destroy.

Are you asking if i can make the Panzer Tank? am confused with your massage

• Like 7

Very nice and impressive work as always TxT!!

• Like 1

How many polies are there on the HEMTT?  I see a few things that coudl be normals and in lots of cases would make your work look even better :) 

How many polies are there on the HEMTT?  I see a few things that coudl be normals and in lots of cases would make your work look even better :)

I think thats his high poly model ;)

And I thought I was doing the project let me worry about the poly count.. HEMTT is Not Done. I was actually going to normal bake the model. if you're going to come with the pointers be more polite.

And I thought I was doing the project let me worry about the poly count.. HEMTT is Not Done. I was actually going to normal bake the model. if you're going to come with the pointers be more polite.

I think he meant it in a good way, more as a compliment and suggestion instead of criticizing your work. When I read it I found it to be polite, but that's my opinion.  

• Like 2

This stuff looks amazing TxT.
Will that hook lift be functional, by that I mean are we gonna be able to change out flatbeds, containers, tanks etc? If so that's awesome.

I was really disappointed with BIS not giving their hook lifts any functions in game, just like the TARU lift helicopter.

With the new vehicle in vehicle system, transporting vehicles on a flatbed might also be possible?

• Like 1

Yeah hook lift will be functional if I don't it problem with it.

bullet purveyor thanks for your support.

Yes there was no offense intended with my post, though in retrospect I can see how that would come off as rude.

I just had a flashback when I saw the tires and remembered the frustrations of trying to bake normal maps from them, I should have just added the next piece in with the original to clarify why I said what I did....

Basically high polies tend to have a lot of curved surfaces and they need them because the programs to bake textures from look at models from mostly 90 degree angles, if there isn't something to break up the perceived flat surface then no detail gets baked, as shown below.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/ivUfA.png

For example your tires, they have 90 degree angles on the sides and facing outward from the tires (they would be calculated in the same manner as the three squares not shown on the texture next to the shape), when baked it would most likely come out as a flat because the program sees them all at the same degrees, not a jab at your work, just how these programs behave. You can get some nice ambient occlusion but its not going to see anything for a normal map.

I just wanted to know in case they were intended to be high poly tires and warn you beforehand so you don't pull your hair out later down the road, and again this isn't me saying your work isn't good, its great, but if that is what you are intending it to be for then by the rules of the program it might not do what you intended.

• Like 4

Thanks for the information, You explained it better now. I hope that you can agree that there's not just one way of doing things.

I'm tired of people tell me what to do pm (private message) I'm sorry if I took it all out on you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the information, You explained it better now. I hope that you can agree that there's not just one way of doing things.

I'm tired of people tell me what to do pm (private message) I'm sorry if I took it all out on you.

Depends on what you intend to do with what you have, for sure if you plan to have those tires be part of the game mesh then I'll give ya nothing but support for the choice, it is your asset afterall, yours to do with as you will.

But if you are intending to use it as a high poly reference then I'm afraid those programs are very, very strict, it wasn't meant to come of as telling you what to do as much as offer suggestion/advice so that you don't have to deal with the same roadblocks.

• Like 2

Any plans For Vehicle in vehicle Carry? Such a amphibious tank/ Rhib Storage area at the back of the ship? Great work, this looks become one of my favorite mods.

• Like 2

Maybe make your own LCAC that can go on land as well as water. That would be awesome :D

of course its just a idea to add to your amazing WIP that from what you have shown us will be awesome

• Like 1

Any plans For Vehicle in vehicle Carry? Such a amphibious tank/ Rhib Storage area at the back of the ship? Great work, this looks become one of my favorite mods.

Looking into it. but i always had that in mind.

Maybe make your own LCAC that can go on land as well as water. That would be awesome :D

Maybe, but the LCAC is too big for the LCS1 it can not be stored in the LCS1 if that's what your thinking. I would need to make mini version of LCAC it so that you can transport somthing out of the LCS1 from sea. The LCS1 will be able to dock if there is any dock nearby. What i mean is that you can only dock the LCS 1 at real dock not just drive the ship in to the land where the water is not deep enough, And thats where the LCAC comes in :)

• Like 2