TxT

US Destroyer Ship (WIP)

it could make sense... but there isnt any type of AI that will fly into a target and destroy itself ?

it could make sense... but there isnt any type of AI that will fly into a target and destroy itself ?

I am sure with some scripting it could be possible (however I am a terrible scripter, so take this message with a grain of salt) and maybe even guided with the commander.

Also the ship looks a bit small to be a destroyer, probably about the size of an offshore patrol vessel. Did you make the design yourself or did you base it off something?

i probably will bring Arma 2 script for launch and such back to arma 3 because it has all the animations and such already done so ill be testing that out... as for size.. its pretty big and TXT does take his modeling seriously everything is up to size, he is great at modeling, i been configing it and i love how it looks (not finish yet with modeling) but its fantastic, but ima let TXT talk about his model just was updating about the guns

Try these two links for more insight on the LCS:http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/468294, http://www.turbosquid.com/3d-models/3d-model-uss-freedom-lcs-1/654517. So far as the functions go, I would suggest you have a basic air/surface/fire radar, and sonar. Also if you can, get an copy of Dangerous Waters for the FFD and MH60R functional views.

Edited by MasonDDG87

Best addon I have seen for arma 3 yet, outstanding work.

I suppose you are going to add a ship for CSAT too, but making an entire brand new model would take forever :/ so considering that NATO/CSAT share some assets, I think you could edit the US destroyer to change its shape a bit (for example, PO-30 orca should fit on the hangar) , change the camo textures, and then transform it into the CSAT destroyer.

Edited by nightovizard

Wow, I just love where this is going. I'm not gonna lie, that model is really sexy. After you complete this ship do you think you could possibly do a CB90-class fast assault craft, yes the same one from Battlefield 4 but there was also a version of this in ArmA 2's Project RACS mod and I absolutely loved it but it seems like it would be a great addition to ArmA 3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CB90-class_fast_assault_craft

Best addon I have seen for arma 3 yet, outstanding work.

I suppose you are going to add a ship for CSAT too, but making an entire brand new model would take forever :/ so considering that NATO/CSAT share some assets, I think you could edit the US destroyer to change its shape a bit (for example, PO-30 orca should fit on the hangar) , change the camo textures, and then transform it into the CSAT destroyer.

definetly agree. although this looks real bad ass cool and the second you publish I will download it, I mostly have the need of a naval vessel for the CSAT as they have nothing yet. Neither in game's inventory nor as addon.

Hey guys just wanna update you on my end point of this addon, this ship is now tomahawk/cruisemissile compatible... launches missile vertically at missile launching station in the center of the ship... itll then track a locked target [TAB lock] or track a laser and lock on to it.... still testing this... there are errors with the laser.. (when zoomed into scope missile doesnt hit target... but when in 3rd person itll hit on the laser target).... gotta keep messing with this...

all guns work (Player usage)... AI ussage is bugged for some reason... it aims left and up when there are enemies... so no idea... (talking to GNAT and other for this)

also will be adding my (future... but mostly finished) Sea-ram to this model, due to it already working in game, and the sea-ram on here has errors and such....

(future additions) could be looking forward to usage of artillery computer with the cruisemissile and the front gun... (once i can find out how to properly use the artillery computer)... tried with no prevail...

as for the model itself... TXT is working on it... adding interior right now... its looking good... ill see if he can post up new photos for yall..

@alexboy awesome stuff and thanks for the great update. Going to be a much needed, killer naval addition. One option that would be nice, simple mapclick cruisemissle targeting. Truely looking forward to this ship!!

Looking forward to this, been itching to get a decent ship in the game. Good luck!

Hey guys... I have a question for the community... did the new release of Zues come with cruisemissile strike? I don't have a good internet connection to update... but some friends have told me there has been and I have no idea if it works properly or is a true release ? If so can anyone point me in the direction of how the call the strike ?

nope, never encountered such a thing, there is only the artillery and the airstrikes

This could be a really cool addition to Arma. I've always felt BI could've done more with Naval combat, and I'd be pretty awesome to form a carrier group with this and the Nimitz :D

What kind of functionalities are we talking?

Long time since i updated the thread sorry guys but i have been busy.

Here is some update on the inside there is more to come, this is not all the rooms that are going to be on the ship.

inside_zpscfbe398f.jpg

• Like 1

Would be cool if those could get flooded :P

This is above water level.

But it can be flooded if the ship sink.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

And i wanted to show you guys this that i made

uniform_zps115d44b4.jpg

se_zps6afca93e.jpg

Edited by TxT

Pattern is a bit too big on the navy blues. It's around the same size as the MARPAT or AOR scheme.

Also add a tad bit more color to the Multicam unless they are salt dog operators ;)

This is above water level.

But it can be flooded if the ship sink.

Yeah I was referring to that, because Vanilla Arma ships don't have any damage models.

Great update. Looks very cool.

The Old Update

Ship1_zpsbe454682.jpg

Ship2_zps41a32fe5.jpg

Ship3_zps11496e94.jpg

Ship4_zps74d1004e.jpg

Edited by TxT
  • Like 1