Sign in to follow this  
killernetworkgaming

Server load fps

We run 2 arma 3 servers which both on startup are great but once you hit around 20 -25 man start dropping server FPS or server cycles as obviously the server has no screen so it has no need for fps. By tweeking the setting you do get slight improvements but nothing major no matter how you change your settings.

I think in reality we should have control of the server load fps instead of it being restricted at 50 allowing a choice of up to say a max of around 100-150 so people.

Just think server load 50 handles about 50 with no ai on stratis

it handles bout 32 man with ai on stratis 32man on stratis you never see anyone

by upping it to 100 or even 150 for people who have a server which can cope with this load will be able to get a great game 64 man with missions and no lag.

Hi,

keep an eye on this thread the next days / weeks. I am sure we will find any - or get any solutions by BIS soon.

There is no way around improving Server-FPS / CPU loads and stuff on their side.

My personal opinion is: I am 100% sure they will do that soon - otherwise it would be "born dead" (at least for me).

Server optimisation would be VERY welcome. We need to be able to host even moderate servers with a reasonable number of people.

If we could have a comment about why servers start to bog down when over 5 players join, that would be great. What communication is there between each client? For instance, if there are 3 4 players, one at each corner of the map, with no way for them to interact, do they even need to know eachother is there? Or am I talking out of my rear end?

Or am I talking out of my rear end?
Must... hold back... snarky comment... :p

I admit I have not played a lot of A3 recently so perhaps things have changed but we were able to run around 25 players coop without too much of a performance issue. It seems that more than 25 in addition to enemy AI really kills it.. have you noticed the same effects on PvP servers?

BTW any chance of 'The Rabbit' making an appearance in A3? :D

.........but we were able to run around 25 players coop without too much of a performance issue. It seems that more than 25 in addition to enemy AI really kills it.. have you noticed the same effects on PvP servers?

Hi Savage,

25 Players is no Problem,.... but that isn't MULTI-player ... at least it isn't for me. But i don't like to play Coop / shoot Bots only...

While there are some other games EASILY supporting 64 to 128 PLAYERS per SIDE for PVP/ Multiplayergamemodes... Arma3 is stuck with its "not using server-capabilitys to get more then 60 players run smooth" .... i hope BIS will wake up right in time to manage this core-problem. see thread i mentioned in my first answer above.