Sign in to follow this  
Kilroy10

ARMA 3 - Steam or arma3.com?

Evening People! I was wondering what would be better to buy ARMA 3 Digital Deluxe Edition from? Steam or from the arma3.com website. What could be the potential pitfalls and pros and cons? (such as downloading add-ons etc.) I've searched these forums as well as the internet in general and can't really find a question like this. Apologies if there is a thread about this and I was just being blind :o

Tho when he buy from steam store "it make it go higher" in the bestsellers making it more visible for people.

Do it from the BI store because while "Steam will take a percentage of sales for themselves" anyway, BI gets more of a cut if you buy it from the devs/publisher. :) Moreover, as a Steamworks game (as controversial as that was) you will simply receive a Steam key which you can then activate in the Steam client (whereas buying the game from Steam directly/automatically applies the game to the account) but since it's Steamworks (thus only one version of the game) there's no issue with downloading or using addons. :) The only real difference is that you have to use the "Expansions" method (putting the modfolders into the Arma 3 folder within the My Documents folder and then disabling/enabling from the Options of the main menu) or stick your modline into the "Set Launch Options" field of Arma 3's Properties window in your Steam Library.