I haven't done any of the new hand animations yet. The animation on the M203 with foregrip is simply the one Lennard made for the SOTG weapons pack in Arma 2. I haven't really had time to get into the animations yet, but I will consider this and see how it looks. Things don't always look right in arma compared to the real world, so we will see.

I haven't done any of the new hand animations yet. The animation on the M203 with foregrip is simply the one Lennard made for the SOTG weapons pack in Arma 2. I haven't really had time to get into the animations yet, but I will consider this and see how it looks. Things don't always look right in arma compared to the real world, so we will see.

Fair enough. Not sure if it matters, but there are a couple vanilla BIS models in the game utilizing the thumb break with their foregrips. The MXM and the MK14 Mod 1 EBR. While the arm isn't over extended and the wrist isn't being torqued forward, the thumb is off the VFG and more towards the center-line of the bore. Not positive if you can just 'copy and paste' so to speak, animations from one weapon to another. But at least we know that the thumb break, even if just at a basic level, can be done. Though it would be high speed to see the reaction elbow raised and pointing out and the wrist being rolled forward.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2550/4056259324_69f6d7fe79_o.jpg (179 kB)

Edited by SLIDER75

I took a break from Arma for a few months, and when I came back this was the first mod I checked for updates.

By far the greatest mod for A3. As a current SF Operator I have the pleasure of using these everyday. My sole complaint is the forward grip posistion on the M4, drives me crazy how extended the arm is while creeping crouched brother!! It needs to be closer like the mk18, I know it will clip his gear in the rest posistion but its worth it. Some ideas from the field, we are rocking ranger tabs on our pmags, vltor stock is the standard along with MK262 ammo. And if your up to it the elcan spectre. Keep up the great work , I can't wait!! :)

By far the greatest mod for A3. As a current SF Operator I have the pleasure of using these everyday. My sole complaint is the forward grip posistion on the M4, drives me crazy how extended the arm is while creeping crouched brother!! It needs to be closer like the mk18, I know it will clip his gear in the rest posistion but its worth it. Some ideas from the field, we are rocking ranger tabs on our pmags, vltor stock is the standard along with MK262 ammo. And if your up to it the elcan spectre. Keep up the great work , I can't wait!! :)

Are you saying the reaction hand needs to be closer to the magwell??? If that's what you're saying, as a self-proclaimed HSLD operator, I think you would know more about modern weapon manipulation. The non dominant hand needs to be as close to the end of the bore as possible, with as much height over the bore as possible. Not quite hyper extended, but pretty close. That's where length of pull comes into play. I may be taking what you said out of context because you wasn't very clear though. He also already has the ranger plates on the pmags in game.

http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/bcm-gunfighters-grip/mwm_side.jpg (250 kB)

oh come on... not this discussion again :mad:

Way to contribute. Seeing I was just speaking with Ardvark about possibly updating the hand placement, I wanted to know exactly what WarLord554 was referring to when he was talking about making the grip shorter. I really don't see the problem with that. Two posts is hardly a discussion bud.

Way to contribute. Seeing I was just speaking with Ardvark about possibly updating the hand placement, I wanted to know exactly what WarLord554 was referring to when he was talking about making the grip shorter. I really don't see the problem with that. Two posts is hardly a discussion bud.

Before you go about getting on him about posting what he did, take some time to go back in the thread, and look at the massive argument that started from that very topic. People who have followed this thread since it's conception will know what I am talking about when I say, we don't want another flame war over hand placement again. Please respect other's posts too, we all have our rights to what we post.

Before you go about getting on him about posting what he did, take some time to go back in the thread, and look at the massive argument that started from that very topic. People who have followed this thread since it's conception will know what I am talking about when I say, we don't want another flame war over hand placement again. Please respect other's posts too, we all have our rights to what we post.

I don't believe I was getting on anyone, even after the kind of rude "oh come on" I got for simply passing on knowledge/opinion. Further more, as I stated, I was just talking to the author of the mod about the hand animations a few posts back. So reading over 50+ pages of a thread looking for an argument that I wasn't part of doesn't really seem relevant to what's being talked about presently. I was only asking Warlord to give more detail in regards to his post while sharing my own opinion. It was never my intention to start a "flame war" over anything, especially hand placement.

I don't believe I was getting on anyone, even after the kind of rude "oh come on" I got for simply passing on knowledge/opinion. Further more, as I stated, I was just talking to the author of the mod about the hand animations a few posts back. So reading over 50+ pages of a thread looking for an argument that I wasn't part of doesn't really seem relevant to what's being talked about presently. I was only asking Warlord to give more detail in regards to his post while sharing my own opinion. It was never my intention to start a "flame war" over anything, especially hand placement.

This will be my last post, as I do not wish to disturb the thread, but I meant nothing against you, it's just that the thread now has a long term complaint filed with that topic :D

This will be my last post, as I do not wish to disturb the thread, but I meant nothing against you, it's just that the thread now has a long term complaint filed with that topic :D

No worries, everyone wants what they want. There's going to be some that want to see an early 90's magwell grip, others that want handstops and a c-clamp grip, and others that want pink Magpul furniture. Can't please everybody. But with weapon models as good as these, rest assured we'll all keep talking about what we want. lol

aardvark, I have edited the code in your Mk18 pack to use JSRS 3 sounds that sound very similar to a real MK18 in a moderately open area, including the suppressed sounds, I can send you that snip in a PM if you are interested....

This weapon is so good but if you can do something for the underwater fire it's will be amazing !!! =)

Does it not already has the ammo that is suitable for firing underwater?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

aardvark, I have edited the code in your Mk18 pack to use JSRS 3 sounds that sound very similar to a real MK18 in a moderately open area, including the suppressed sounds, I can send you that snip in a PM if you are interested....

Awesome!!! I've been holding back on using this pack on my missions due to the sound, really looking forward to this!

Based the unsuppressed sounds off of this medium:

Based the suppressed sounds off of this medium:

Edited by Spartan0536

Based the unsuppressed sounds off of this medium:

Based the suppresses sounds off of this medium:

awesome-day.gif

I was merely giving some feedback. Weapon manipulation in game and real life are completely different. Still a beautiful weapons pack :cool:

I'd like to know about the weapon damage, I currently run mostly with the m4a1 in the Nato/ Russian pack because it's brilliant on it's damage, but I'd rather use the MK18. Is there any chance in getting the damage up'd to a more usable level, I don't mean to be rude in any way, it's just it take half a clip on normal CSAT infantry to down them for some reason, yet on the M4 in the Nato/ Russian pack it takes a maximum of three bullets 90% of the time, some time s lower sometimes a bullet or two higher. Also is there any chance of getting a surefire flash light to go with this weapon pack?

I'd like to know about the weapon damage, I currently run mostly with the m4a1 in the Nato/ Russian pack because it's brilliant on it's damage, but I'd rather use the MK18. Is there any chance in getting the damage up'd to a more usable level, I don't mean to be rude in any way, it's just it take half a clip on normal CSAT infantry to down them for some reason, yet on the M4 in the Nato/ Russian pack it takes a maximum of three bullets 90% of the time, some time s lower sometimes a bullet or two higher. Also is there any chance of getting a surefire flash light to go with this weapon pack?

I also am the one that is doing the Realistic Ballistics Code for modders here on the forums, my 5.56x45mm NATO rounds are pretty much spot on, soon I will spend the time to calibrate them to barrel lengths to make them portrayed as accurately as I can. I am hoping that Aardvark likes my code enough to implement it, other than that I can not release anything publicly that involves modding his work without his explicit permission.

Ah ok, that's fine... I was just wondering because I felt the damage was letting it down, and it really is a well done weapons pack.

well I just edited the rate of fire to the CQBR's maximum rated at 950 rounds per minute code changed from 0.096 to 0.063 and holy crap is it different. Just need to work on separating the ROF for the M4's and the the Mk18.

Edited by Spartan0536

You can use RH surefire light with these can't you?

If you have ASDG Joint Rails installed, you can use both variants of the M952V. Best light I've found for it thus far. Light output is great, to bad the vampire head doesn't actually function on it though. Wish someone would make his X300 attach to the vanilla handguns. Just prefer using those since they have sounds from JSRS. I would do a dance if someone came out with a Surefire pack with some of their different Scout variants mounted on some proper LaRue offset mounts... would be sick.

357ll37.jpg

Edited by SLIDER75

Spartan, if you send me your configs once you are happy with them I will include them. Personally I am not a fan of doing config work, so I'd be more than happy to use a new one, especially if it improves the weapons. I'm just here for the models :)

Update is still coming along, but a tad slower than I'd hoped due to real life stuff. It'll be here eventually.