I have a feeling that this is no longer supported, as the author ardvarkdb no longer mods or plays ArmA 3, The Good news is that Project Overwatch has ALL the SOTG source files, as I have too, from the creator ardvarkdb, they will give the SOTG gear some TLC and tweek it a bit here and there, we have been given permission to use the source p3d files, and I'm sure Sabre has given the thumbs up for them to use his textures too.

I have suggested that Hawaiian seeks permission from SMA and uses their MK18 models in future updates as his Ranger addon has this mod as a dependency.

Are ardvarkdbs mk18 models not included in RHS escalation? At least I thought that I've seen them there :)

Are ardvarkdbs mk18 models not included in RHS escalation? At least I thought that I've seen them there :)

No, the RHS ones are custom made.

What's not working with the Mk18/M4B2 btw?

I haven't used them that much, but apart from a small patch I've made making them use sounds from the the HLC AR15-pack (added as a patch requirement) I think they work quite nice along with ACE3, RH's acc.-pack and IanSky's scope mod :)

The muzzles don't work properly in some cases.  If you attempt to attach one of the compensators included with RHS (The SFMB-556s) the compensator will appear inside the rifle's default flash hider, instead of replacing it.

Also didn't RHS get rid of their Mk. 18s?  Or am I seeing things?

They're hidden because they don't meet their current quality standard. Bamse wrote a config that unhides them though.

we have been given permission to use the source p3d files, and I'm sure Sabre has given the thumbs up for them to use his textures too.

wow, this is great news!

There is already another extremely updated Mk18 pack in another mod that has been updated quite recently (SMA)

Yeah, but no M4B2s :(

the laserpointer is too close to the front of the guns. the iron sights are partially covered by the laser

also the sounds, especially the silencer sounds don't sound very real. more like vanilla stuff

Just fyi, this mod hasn't been updated in over a year and hasn't shown much life signs since then, and last I looked indeed the sounds are from vanilla MX rifles.

I'm not sure if the mod is in active development or not ... but just stating the obvious :)

• Like 2

Yeah, if you want an updated version you're better off downloading the RHS mod which has a variety of mk18 and m4 block IIs in it. I also think they're based on ardvark's original models, but dont hold me to that. 

I think SMA uses Ardvark's models, could be wrong though

Yeah, if you want an updated version you're better off downloading the RHS mod which has a variety of mk18 and m4 block IIs in it. I also think they're based on ardvark's original models, but dont hold me to that. 

Was true until the latest version (RHS:USAF 0.4.1.1). Now RHS has an entirely new and improved set of Daniel Defense rail models made by Soul_Assassin.

• Like 1

Well its best to close the thread here, if the author decided to update the addon. Please feel free to contact a moderator for the key :padlock:

• Like 2