it doesn't matter. either way a mod folder is created, with files inside it, look for a file named RHARD_MK18_cfg.pbo in your Arma 3 folder

Alright thanks for the help. Do you have an ETA for the update for the Mk18 pack by chance?

Lol ...

Edited by JCae2798

oh no you didn't :eek:

Yes he did go there... :)

---------- Post added at 11:54 ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 ----------

Is there any chance to fix zeroing in short time?

Probably not in the short term but remember the eye point is actually below the tip of the front sight post so you have to just put the tip just a little bit "above" the target until he fixes it.

Actually i just started noticing this myself. Not sure i follow EricJ, but appreciate the info. Can you elaborate a little further?

When you "zero" a rifle in Object Builder at least, you show the Left view which shows you looking down the sights. Usually I line up the backsight and the frontsight so it looks correct to a degree when you look through them but lined up in Object Builder. There is a memory point called "eye" which is your avatar or "game eye" so you the user when you sight down the sights, you look down the sights. So this sets your "zero" for the weapon, so if you put it down a bit on the front sight post, the aimpoint is actually below the front sight post for say, 25 meters and so on. Stuff like ballistics is for the game and the physics engine. So what is happening is that the eye point is below the tip of the front sight post when you use the MK18 iron sights, not a scope because that as it's own "zero" for the optic. It's miniscule but after shooting some concrete and observing the impact it looks to be actually below the front sight tip. If people are having issues with optics then it's not his issue, it's either BIS's (as with the ARCO) or the modmaker's fault. Or they simply can't shoot.

Are the ballistics and stopping power going to be worked on when you get chance?

as it stands its taking roughly 10 rounds center of mass to take down an opponent :(

I keep seeing updates to this on PwS, but no documentation. Any chance of an update here as to what's going on in the updates?

I keep seeing updates to this on PwS, but no documentation. Any chance of an update here as to what's going on in the updates?

0.2.0.1 was for fixed sound configs but 0.2.0.2 is unknown.

It's not from me, I have had 0 time to work on these. If there ever is an update it will be posted here.

Okay, thanks. Sorry to hear you haven't had time to work on these, but they're still a fantastic addition to A3.

nobody can help ardvarkdb, or by alone, to fix this problem? i dont know a lot about config but i think the problem is there...no?

a great addon like this can't die for this bug!

nobody can help ardvarkdb, or by alone, to fix this problem? i dont know a lot about config but i think the problem is there...no?

a great addon like this can't die for this bug!

If you read properly the armaholic link you would have seen this:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21096

Edit:

You will find the hotfix link in the above url ;)

bamse, thx for clarification.

Edited by Papanowel

papa: hotlinking not allowed it seems, so one need to enter the proper page, scroll down and then dl :/

Yea its sad indeed to let this mod go to dead. Lately i've been loving the HLC AR115 though if you guys want to look into that :) Its a great alternative.

Yea its sad indeed to let this mod go to dead. Lately i've been loving the HLC AR115 though if you guys want to look into that :) Its a great alternative.

The HLC Ar-15's are all civilian rifles, and would not ever been seen in a military setting. Nor would they be select fire, I don't understand why they even made that pack.

I recall that they specifically intended to showcase "niche"/civvie (if select-fire) ARs instead of the military-issue weapons, hence the HLC AR-15 Pack name.

I wouldn't say this is dead, more like hibernating for the winter :p

Keep in mind, for this mod and all others, they are done and given to the community for free. I really do appreciate all of the feedback, and I would love to spend night and day modding, but when it comes down to brass tax, it's a hobby and not a job that pays the bills. Unfortunately as of late my free time for hobbies has been almost non-existent. Hopefully that will change at some point.

Call me ungrateful or whatever, but from memory u showed teasers or at least told ppl about the next update with m203 etc. To do that and then not release for months on end and say it in hibernation is poor form. Either dont gee it up or dont do it lol.

Call me ungrateful or whatever, but from memory u showed teasers or at least told ppl about the next update with m203 etc. To do that and then not release for months on end and say it in hibernation is poor form. Either dont gee it up or dont do it lol.

Good day to you kind sir,

Since you manage to attract my full attention with that lovely post and gentleman attitude of yours, i will do my very best to lay some things for you, in the most decent manner possible:

a. no one needs to call you anything, you are ungrateful because you are, not because someone tells it to your lovely face

b. one esteem person such as ardvarkdb is not in your debt, no matter how many internet images he has posted about it. There might be the case that such it is simply an image of a product that doesn't work as intended, and there is no way he or anyone else would take such an unthinkable risk as to defy your highest quality standards with an unpolished product.

c. what one person does with his own time is, although i know unfortunate for you, only his own business. Although that might sound unfair to you, the user, this is how things are. Please forgive the rest of us that do not spend our time creating more free products for you to use...

So please forgive advarkdb poor soul, he is simply not worthy of your wrath...

and yes "lol" is an understatement...

Edited by PuFu