Spartan, if you send me your configs once you are happy with them I will include them. Personally I am not a fan of doing config work, so I'd be more than happy to use a new one, especially if it improves the weapons. I'm just here for the models :)

Update is still coming along, but a tad slower than I'd hoped due to real life stuff. It'll be here eventually.

I would be honored to assist you with your awesome weapons pack, please note the sounds I have aliased will require JSRS2 to work. I also have plans to set magazine init's for the Mk18's and M4 Block II's so they match their real performances per barrel length.

All Mk18's will be using the 10 inch barrel

MK18's ROF is set to 900 RPM with a suppressor attached they will be shooting 930 RPM

All M4 SOPMOD Block II's will be using 14.5 inch barrels

M4 Block II's ROF is set to 800 RPM with a suppressor attached they will be shooting 830 RPM

Edited by Spartan0536

Didn't you say Ardvark that LordJarhead sent you some sounds he created especially for this pack? Or was it just like Spartan did, using sounds that were already in place inside the JSRS 2 mod? If they are new, maybe Spartan could check them out, he might like them better than utilizing what's already included in JSRS.

Yes, I have some new unsuppressed sounds that Lord Jarhead sent me and am planning to use.

Yes, I have some new unsuppressed sounds that Lord Jarhead sent me and am planning to use.

Awesome cant wait :D

Do you have any plans for the firemode switching sounds? So far these have been pretty silent, and it wouldn't hurt to have them.

So glad to hear that there is new sound comming.

and I '+1' this

Do you have any plans for the firemode switching sounds? So far these have been pretty silent, and it wouldn't hurt to have them.

Thank you for this gread weaponmod ardvarkdb! I'm really looking forward to an update with JSRS sounds :)

Any estimates for the update? I'm really looking forward to it ...

Is there any way to fix the zeroing issue for private local SP use? I read something from Kiory regarding changing top proxy, that needs to be done on the actual model, right? (impossible without unbinarized models, right?)

Is there any way to fix the zeroing issue for private local SP use? I read something from Kiory regarding changing top proxy, that needs to be done on the actual model, right? (impossible without unbinarized models, right?)

i hope too there are the best ar/15 style weapons the Sabre's textures are amazing

Hasn't been much progress on this lately. I've been traveling a lot for work and finishing up some school things. I have the zeroing fixed, I think there are just some issues with the grenade launchers. I'll try and get around to these in the next few weeks and if I can't get the grenade launchers working I'll just release an update with the fixed zeroing.

This is some of the best news I've seen on here! Thanks for the update, can't wait for these! Are you going to wait until the bootcamp update to do fix the sounds that are broken in dev build?

Edited by Jake34

did you see there was an update in Arma for muzzle devices? you have to rewrite your configs conforming with the new standard

Aye, if you need help updating the sound definitions to the new scheme BIS are using for Bootcamp, I'd be happy to give you a hand with it ardy. I know configs aren't your favourite thing in the world to have to deal with.

Probably best to do it now since the changes will affect the stable branch in a couple of weeks, and it would need fixing later on down the road anyway.

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it! I'll definitely shoot you a pm once I get a chance to get reacquainted with all my files and figure out what's what.

If you don't mind, could you inform a few of us others how to update to the new scheme? I've gone through the vanilla configs and can't find what I need to change on my firearms..

Aloha

I allowed myself to do the necessary config changes for personal use already, I hope you don't mind. I will write you a PM with the changed part. That way you and da12thmonkey can use your time for more productive stuff, like supplying me with more awesome addons :)

AtinAkiri:

Have a look here in the BIKI: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Weapon_Config_Guidelines#Muzzle_accessories

Basically you remove the whole modes part from the supressor and add "soundTypeIndex=1;" and the "class MuzzleCoef{ [...] };" part. Then add the new sound part to every mode in the weapon class.

The forum thread about it is here if you have more questions: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?179308-Weapon-sounds-affected-by-suppressors-change-in-1-23

Sorry for the OT

Yes thanks for this great weapon class! Cant wait for it to be fixed as i can't seem to play without it :P

Should have an update out soonish that will fix the zeroing issue and the new sound breakage.