magwell gripping = baaaaaaad for accuracy and stability and can also cause feeding issues when using worn GI STANAGS if done improperly. Sure, it'll give you a compact posture for CQB ... but my $0.02: Please don't include that "stance" :)

cudoz on a great mod btw. I've been using it a while mostrly due to the Pmags. MK18 models are awesome aswell tho.

As some other guys have already pointed out, I think, if possible, that the barrel on the M4 should be shortened just a tad. I would also like to throw in the recommendation of checking out EricJ's suppressor sound for his SCAR-L. Sounds awesome in my opinion and maybe it is something that would fit this mod.

Thank you

As some other guys have already pointed out, I think, if possible, that the barrel on the M4 should be shortened just a tad.

Here would be some reference pics of a real 14.5" barreled block II M4 with KAC FH:

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/401/epv4.jpg (143 kB)

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/1024x768q90/713/j0o4.jpg (132 kB)

Ran a few weapon mods together and did a bit of a review.

As pointed by the arrow:

http://imageshack.com/scaled/medium/199/5fkx.jpg

http://imageshack.com/scaled/medium/839/lt1w.jpg

http://imageshack.com/scaled/medium/593/wh3e.jpg

I thought the way he grips the foregrip looks weird. It seems like his hand is dislodged of the socket and bought down a bit to grip the piece, if you get what I mean.

Anyways maybe a variant with the foregrip closer to the mag? Perhaps even variants without the foregrip, but the player hand on the magazine like below?

http://static.progressivemediagroup.com/uploads/imagelibrary/Colt_M4_Carbine_Army.jpg (147 kB)

Magwell gripping is for movie stars and people who don't know what they're doing. I mean unless every Military instructor, firearms instructor, and cool mother fucker I've ever met or been taught by was full of shit.

To give a better answer than just the smart ass one, the reason why magwell gripping is bad is due to your point of gravity. When you grip on the magwell your hands are close together, this creates a very close movement axis and very low stability. When you extend your hand out further you create more stability in your shooting stance and it spreads the weight of the weapon out further. Allowing for great accuracy and stamina. And a higher output of bodies slain.

The thought or school of shooting is always changing as well, while in the 90s or early 2000s close axis shooting like that may have been thought as a good way to shoot, that is no longer the case. Hell, the school of thought now is moving away from vertical foregrips all together and just gripping the rifle forward and more naturally by nothing other than the rail.

If you want a good example of shooting idealogy changing, look at how we shoot pistols 5 years ago to how the common method is now, with off-hand applying more pressure on the gun itself and less on the strong-hand.

/rant

hello, I have a request.

Latest ArmA3 has added tracer stanag magazines.

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green"

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red"

"30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow"

Would you add these compatibility in future?

Thanks in advance.

As some other guys have already pointed out, I think, if possible, that the barrel on the M4 should be shortened just a tad. I would also like to throw in the recommendation of checking out EricJ's suppressor sound for his SCAR-L. Sounds awesome in my opinion and maybe it is something that would fit this mod.

Thank you

All he has to do is get a hold of taumargin and I'm sure he'd be happy to supply them.

Try using the TOP proxy from my L85, that solves any zeroing issues I had with it, might work for you. @ ardvarkdb

Try it! I am waiting for a fixed zero then I will be using this!

I'm having some difficulty loading the weapons in game through LEA. I've got the mod installed as directed and activated via my Steam launch options. When i try to load a LEA profile w/ one of the MK18 weapons i get a "no entry" error for bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.RHARD_MK18PD_F

Anyone have any suggestions?

Edited by RushTheBus

I'm having some difficulty loading the weapons in game through LEA. I've got the mod installed as directed and activated via my Steam launch options. When i try to load a LEA profile w/ one of the MK18 weapons i get bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.RHARD_MK18PD_F

Anyone have any suggestions?

So I've noticed and others on my team have noticed that your rifle shoots low, namely low and left. Even when made as stable as possible with repeated shots at various ranges, they will always fall low and left. I had heard members mention it a few times, but first noticed it myself as I was doing extensive testing on all of the weapon addons out there to determine which was the best for official use by my team. I am sure I am not the first to bring this up, but are their any plans to address this accuracy issue? Honestly, it's not even an accuracy issue, I'd call it a sighting issue. Will it ever be fixed so that, say 300m or 200m even it has a true zero?

Things are progressing, albeit slowly. I've had to do a lot more work to get the models already in game back into an editable format since I lost the original files. One GL variant is done. I will try and update all the things mentioned here (trace mags, zeroing, etc.).

Things are progressing, albeit slowly. I've had to do a lot more work to get the models already in game back into an editable format since I lost the original files. One GL variant is done. I will try and update all the things mentioned here (trace mags, zeroing, etc.).

So nice:o

Glad to hear it!

are you able to give some kind of ETA? im not rushing you, im just making a mission for our clan and the update is out in a couple weeks then I will wait otherwise Ill just use the current.

thanks

What about the Specter DR as an attachment ? To go along with a MARSOC CSOs Block II

No ETA at this point. My free time has been mostly sucked up by real work, so I haven't had much time to mod. Things are progressing though, LordJarhead graciously sent me some new sounds to incorporate into the next version.

No ETA at this point. My free time has been mostly sucked up by real work, so I haven't had much time to mod. Things are progressing though, LordJarhead graciously sent me some new sounds to incorporate into the next version.

I have personally edited your Mk 18 Mod 1 pack and used JSRS's Mk20C unsuppressed sounds and his 9mm SMG suppressed sounds, these are almost identical to what a real Mk18 Mod 1 sounds like, combining them with my 5.56x45mm ballistics and my current realistic suppressor modfications the MK 18 pack is 1 bad ass set.

Love the mk18 mod! Since it uses 5.56, wouldn't it better to sound like a 5.56? Plus it might be compatible with any sound mod! Right?

when I try to add this weapon "RHARD_M4DDRDP_F" to player through script it will not work. all others work fine. any idea why this is? the config view says that this classname is correct...

Ard/Sabre, just gotta say that this still is my favorite mod thus far, more than a year into the game since Alpha. Thank you.

I have personally edited your Mk 18 Mod 1 pack and used JSRS's Mk20C unsuppressed sounds and his 9mm SMG suppressed sounds, these are almost identical to what a real Mk18 Mod 1 sounds like, combining them with my 5.56x45mm ballistics and my current realistic suppressor modfications the MK 18 pack is 1 bad ass set.

I would be interested in hearing what you have done bro. This is by far my favorite weapon addon, and I never minded the unsuppressed sound, but always thought the suppressed sound could be a little better. Further more, have you messed with the reload sounds at all? Because they're almost nonexistent. I feel like I'm reloading something plastic. I'm not sure if the author has ever handled a real carbine, but when that bolt is sent forward, metal smashing against metal, it's pretty dang loud.

I own an AR platform in real life, along with PMAG's(they have a different sound when being inserted compared to a US GI mag since they're made of polymer). I would be more than willing to help create some new more realistic reload sounds if anyone else is interested.