I was referring to the MK18s. I have no plans to do any other weapons at this time.

Sure. I said that because it's good to have like a "complete" weapon pack that you can use with a fire team, not having to add other weapons mods. Anyway buddy, those suggestions above would be very welcome. Thanks again.

are new parts in the cards? if yes, would you consider adding a new butt-stock?

https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/542x675q90/407/vjuh.jpg (133 kB)

but aside from that I don't know what could be added to these. they're perfect already

although, I second a bipod request. an animated bipod would be sick

make it compatible with ASDG Jointrails(an extra opcional file)

it is compatible already, look in the @ASDG folder for a Mk18 PBO

Edited by sorophx

Besides a 203 variant...

A collapsed stock variant or option.

A less/non tan, black version.

The RH Mk262 config compatibility I sent over.

Having a collapsed stock would make the rifle look numpty (hand through the mag or the stock away from the shoulder) unless new animations were made.

The reason it's flat dark earth (tan) is because that's what the rails used on the Mk18 Mod 1 are like from the manufacturer, the earlier Mod 0 was all black however it also used the older M16A2 style sights and the original KAC RIS handguard.

Generally if someone is going to go to the effort of painting it they'll cam it rather than going all black too :P

http://i4.minus.com/jBp1LHVmN6FMv.jpg

http://i.minus.com/jZMhYqbLUcBvx.jpg

Airsoft clones... eh.

That's the old sight that was used on the CQBR before flip up sights become more widely used, the first versions were literally the original carrying handle with the front cut off... now they're almost never used but rather replaced with either KAC of Magpul BUIS's

In this case, KAC: http://i4.minus.com/ibl4kD28BrOie6.jpg

Edited by Scarecrow398

Buttstocks don't' really add to the weapon in any way, it's purely cosmetic. If Arma 3 had the same weapon customization DayZ standalone had I might consider it, but it wouldn't be worth the effort to add another buttstock. I might look into some additional iron sights though.

Airsoft clones... eh.

That's the old sight that was used on the CQBR before flip up sights become more widely used, the first versions were literally the original carrying handle with the front cut off... now they're almost never used but rather replaced with either KAC of Magpul BUIS's

In this case, KAC: http://i4.minus.com/ibl4kD28BrOie6.jpg

Always right! =)

Buttstocks don't' really add to the weapon in any way, it's purely cosmetic. If Arma 3 had the same weapon customization DayZ standalone had I might consider it, but it wouldn't be worth the effort to add another buttstock. I might look into some additional iron sights though.

Is that in reference from my little wishlist or sorophx?

both, I think ;)

Yeah both. A new stock wouldn't really change the gameplay of the weapon any to make it worth the effort, and there are a fair amount of variations as it is. New ironsights might be a nice alternative for people who don't like the magpul ones, and that does have a direct impact on gameplay, as does a GL variant.

the iron sight is perfect the only true loss of this wonderful addons is a GL variant and why not the better sound.

I know its an absolute long shot, but what are the chances of an optional config that lets the MK 18's utilize massi's NATO/SF STANAGs?

I was referring to the MK18s. I have no plans to do any other weapons at this time.

Assuming that you're also referring to the MK18 MOD 1 (as opposed to cofig'ing RH's previous MOD 0 model), it seems like some KAC sights would be the way to go for an addon that's mostly complete already. That said, adding JSRS compatibility would be fantastic, too, if you're interested.

Honestly I wouldn't mind having some of the Block 2s and MK18s to have black/dark front rails that fit the rest of the weapon. I don't know how authentic that is when it comes to the way they're issued but it would defo look nice.

It's just a minor cosmetic issue, but are you going to fix the block II barrel length? It's slightly too long, almost a 16" barrel...

are considering config changes as well? would be cool to have tracer rounds and Mk262 ammo for these babies

Yeah there will be config changes. Not sure what all will be included but it should at least have the Mk262 ammo. I'm slowly making progress on things. I have the basics for the M4 GL variant done. Currently working on making some KAC sights.

Hi ard, I did a weapon mods evaluation test recently and found that the users hand gripping on the foregrips of these weapons was rather awkward. Could it be looked into?

Hi ard, I did a weapon mods evaluation test recently and found that the users hand gripping on the foregrips of these weapons was rather awkward. Could it be looked into?

Curious. What is that exactly?

There will be both a foregrip and non-foregrip M203 version.

Can you better define "rather awkward"? Maybe a picture or something to point out what you are referring to.

A new stock wouldn't really change the gameplay of the weapon any to make it worth the effort, and there are a fair amount of variations as it is. New ironsights might be a nice alternative for people who don't like the magpul ones, and that does have a direct impact on gameplay, as does a GL variant.

Already stated. A collapsed stock would require more effort than reward at this point. New animations so it didn't look goofy and no affect on gameplay for a minor variation is not something I am interested in. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but weapon length didn't affect weapon maneuverability in Arma 3, so there is no benefit to a stock length modification aside from purely cosmetic, and there is enough cosmetic variety already in the pack.

Curious. What is that exactly?

Ran a few weapon mods together and did a bit of a review.

Can you better define "rather awkward"? Maybe a picture or something to point out what you are referring to.

As pointed by the arrow:

5fkx.jpg

lt1w.jpg

wh3e.jpg

I thought the way he grips the foregrip looks weird. It seems like his hand is dislodged of the socket and bought down a bit to grip the piece, if you get what I mean.

Anyways maybe a variant with the foregrip closer to the mag? Perhaps even variants without the foregrip, but the player hand on the magazine like below?

http://static.progressivemediagroup.com/uploads/imagelibrary/Colt_M4_Carbine_Army.jpg (147 kB)