I don't mean to sound rude, if I do, but do you have Ardy's permission to release this on his thread? I know he's talked about having people send him config's, sounds, etc.

As from reading I understood that it doesn't bother him and since he (Ardy himself) asked how to change it, I did it.

I'm sure he'll appreciate someone else working on the configs. I don't think he's ever enjoyed that aspect of modding for Arma. I just want to make sure it's all done right according to common mentality with permissions and whatnot. I know this community takes these things very seriously.

Is it also possible to change the alignment. From 100 to for example 300 meters?

Verstuurd van mijn HTC One X+ met Tapatalk

Is it also possible to change the alignment. From 100 to for example 300 meters?

I think zeroing depends on the optic/sight.

but its not BI's made ammo type. or maybe it is from arma 2. current me

IT IS. Its the vanilla DEFAULT 5.56 Stanag that come with the game and the same mag's for the TAR and the Mk20

IT IS. Its the vanilla DEFAULT 5.56 Stanag that come with the game and the same mag's for the TAR and the Mk20

yeah, the regular DEFAULT BIS 5.56 Stanag loads in the mk18, BUT, the BIS tracer mags do not.

fixing that would be awesome.

less mags to mess with on loadouts, less damage\zeroing\editing to do.

win win for all :D

I'm having issues getting this mod to work. I have installed it to the appropriate Arma 3 folder and set the launch parameters just as with any other mod. The game detects the mod in the expansions menu but the mod itself does not show up in the editor in any form while other active mods do.

I think zeroing depends on the optic/sight.

I read that the weapon is set to 100 meters

Make sure the folders are set up like this; ArmA 3/@mk18/addons<---(the individual pbo files go in here)

I read that the weapon is set to 100 meters

I did say it, because I thought it would be like that. However, it's dependent on the Scope. For example, FHQ Accessories uses a more or less civil version (at least according to German laws) which is zeroed to 100m. If you use the FHQ Aimpoint, I think it's zeroed to 200m. If you use the MRCO from BI, it's 300m again.

I'm having issues getting this mod to work. I have installed it to the appropriate Arma 3 folder and set the launch parameters just as with any other mod. The game detects the mod in the expansions menu but the mod itself does not show up in the editor in any form while other active mods do.

Did you check all Ammoboxes, maybe using VAS. Other way is to get the classname and add it to your unit. Also, a lot of people think they've done it right, yet they still f*** a few things up. Post your folder structure if it's not showing in any box or VAS or getting into your inventory when added with classname.

Edited by Brain

For what it's worth I've been using PboView for packing, for some reason the config.bin files keep being garbled when I open them in Notepad++ but not config.cpp files.

Lets hope that the next update will have a fix for the damage and zeroing included

Damage is related to the magazine as far as I can tell. The value Brain was modifying is the damage modifier for the suppressors, not the rifle itself, so were people complaining about the rifle not doing enough damage or the rifle with suppressor? Need more details to know what "issues" people are having. Zeroing is related to the scopes from the looks of it. There are no values for zeroing in the MX config for the base rifle that I can see, and the optic zoom values it has are what I am using in the MK18 config. I have added in the BIS default tracer mags now so that should be fine whenever the next update is.

Edited by ardvarkdb

Ok, still the best addon there

Edited by RatNL

I'll look into it some more but I'm not really sure why that's happening.

its better with the RCO scope than the standard TAN version

Thanks for the update, Ardy. Issues or not, it's difficult to convince myself to use a different rifle.

Damage is related to the magazine as far as I can tell. The value Brain was modifying is the damage modifier for the suppressors, not the rifle itself

Exactly. The hit = 0.5 specifies the damage done when the suppressor is equipped vis a vis the unsuppressed variant (so half the damage of the unsuppressed round).

Otherwise the damage is assigned to the type of round that goes in magazine, and you can find all the details here

I've taken a look at the config and in my experience you do not need to define magazine class unless you are incorporating custom magazines and ammunition. The part I quote below is probably redundant, unless you are changing tracer rounds:

class CfgMagazines

{

class Default;

class 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag;

class 30Rnd_556x45_mag_Tracer: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag

{

picture = "\A3\weapons_F\data\UI\m_30stanag_CA.paa";

tracersEvery = 1;

lastRoundsTracer = 30;

displayName = "30Rnd 556x45 Mag Tracer";

descriptionShort = "30Rnd 556x45 Mag Tracer";

displaynameshort = "30Rnd Stanag Tracer";

};

class 30Rnd_556x45_green_mag_Tracer: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag

{

ammo = "B_556x45_Ball_Tracer_Green";

tracersEvery = 1;

lastRoundsTracer = 30;

displayName = "30Rnd 556x45 Mag Green Tracer";

descriptionShort = "30Rnd 556x45 Mag Green Tracer";

displaynameshort = "30Rnd Stanag Green Tracer";

};

class 30Rnd_556x45_red_mag_Tracer: 30Rnd_556x45_Stanag

{

ammo = "B_556x45_Ball_Tracer_Red";

tracersEvery = 1;

lastRoundsTracer = 30;

displayName = "30Rnd 556x45 Mag Red Tracer";

descriptionShort = "30Rnd 556x45 Mag Red Tracer";

displaynameshort = "30Rnd Stanag Red Tracer";

};

};

I also believe you do not need this part because your weapons do not utilize caseless ammo.:

class GunParticles: GunParticles

{

class SecondEffect

{

positionName = "Nabojnicestart";

directionName = "Nabojniceend";

effectName = "CaselessAmmoCloud";

};

};

Hope this helps ;)

Yeah I've taken out the custom mags and now just use the default BI ones since it has all the trace colors. I'll take out the caseless stuff as well, thanks for the tip GvsE! As far as zeroing goes, Robert Hammer is having a similar issue and posted a question in the arma 3 weapon guidelines thread, so hopefully we will get a response soon from the Devs on how to configure zeroing for ironsights.

I noticed in Sham's M16 and RH's pdw they both give init speeds for the ammunition in the config. There are also other values that they have that this pack is missing. Kind of wondering if that is where this starts. Wish I knew more about config stuff.

Yeah I've taken out the custom mags and now just use the default BI ones since it has all the trace colors. I'll take out the caseless stuff as well, thanks for the tip GvsE! As far as zeroing goes, Robert Hammer is having a similar issue and posted a question in the arma 3 weapon guidelines thread, so hopefully we will get a response soon from the Devs on how to configure zeroing for ironsights.
Truthbetold I'd also suggest making the weapon compatible with the default BI 5.56 mm suppressor as well as yours, even if it's going out of authenticity for the sake of compatibility.