Also we are reporting an issue with the optics. I am poking around the config trying to find out what is off with the sights. It seems they are not zeroed and bullet drop is ridiculous. Although Brain reported being able to adjust the sights for 100-300 or more(?), I didnt try, I was watching him show with some insane drop. Im trying to find why the aim is adjustable and how to disable it and how to adjust the zero point so it is zeroed at 300 like all the other assault rifle class.

The weapon is zeroed to 100m, not like normal 300m. This is why using the optics of FHQ will not work out so much, since you have to aim on 400 to hit something in 100m distance.

No, we are playing on an Insurgency made by scratch, all other weapons work fine.

We depbo'd the weapon, unbin'd the config, changed the hit to 7.5 instead of .5, bin'd the config, pbo'd the weapon and changed it. Works like a charm. Double-taping enemies finally works.

We are playing on a dedicated server, sometimes we have desync and lags, but not as you stated and not with other weapons.

1. Download newest Mk18.

2. Download newest FHQ Acc.

3. Install Mk18.

4. Install FHQ Acc., there is a folder called extras or bonus and so on. Put these files into the folder where the mod files are, too.

5. Launch with both.

May be broken when using mods like Sudden's Russians. Not all Mods work with each other.

I used VAS to apply them, works with other boxes fine, though.

Sweet Jesus calm down. I put around over an hour so far on working with a custom sound (and changing the gun from a BB-gun to a real beast) I apply to the Mk18/M4 and I will send them to you once they're done.

Brain, I don't know what to say to all that besides you are the fucking man!

---------- Post added at 10:06 ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 ----------

Other than these 2 issues, the model and sounds are top notch. I intend to be using this mod for a very long time, that is if we can work out the issues, as I am sure we can. Top marks on the top mounted PEQ, I really love the mk18, you've done us a great justice by pouring your time into it. We very much thank everyone involved for this wonderful piece.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Sniped.

Absolutely

---------- Post added at 10:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

Can someone tell me if it's possible to change the zero of the weapons when using the FHQ optics?

Can someone tell me if it's possible to change the zero of the weapons when using the FHQ optics?

I'm not able to change it at all, I'm stuck with 100m, even if I use no optic or default optics.

I noticed again when looking at the config it seems the ammo is only defined for silenced weapons? I'm not sure if Im seeing right, but there is no initial velocity defined and a lot of stuff I'm seeing is not defined. This is really the first time I've taken a look at defining mod classes, so I'm new to this.

I took a look at robert hammers pdw cause as I know from A2 his stuff is always locked down and relatively perfect. So I took a look at the config he included in the pdw and it seems a bit different as compared to sham's m16 and this mk18. His config has a bit more stuff defined and its defined for standard magazine class. But maybe that is because it uses its own ammo and he had to define all that stuff.

Im not quite sure how the config changes in this mod affect the stanag's included in the game, if it overwrites that data or what. That gets a bit confusing when your talking about modifying standard game magazines. Im not sure what is already defined and what must be defined, and what is specific for this weapon. :confused:

These guns are fantastic, I especially love the properly done AFG version. Much better feeling and looking than the way too short BI AFG on the MX's. I´m enjoying these tremendously, thanks a lot to the creators! :>

MK18s have no recoil in this mod?

The latest versions recoil is tweaked from the original's. Since the 1st version you could should 3 shots and your gun would already be on its way to the moon. Like ardy said, this versions recoil is similar to the Mk18's from arma 2

List of requests for the next update:

-Enlarge the crane stock to better match the proportions of the rifle

-Increase the damage over distance

-Change the variants of the M4s to match the variants of the MK. 18 (Match the m4s and the Mk. 18s) for maximum tacticool effect

and Brain said he was making custom sounds so that's cool. Hope I don't sound like I'm just on here bitching but I really like this addon and I genuinely want to help you guys improve it with feedback, so thanks for your hard work guys.

Edited by LemTheGentleman

MK18s have no recoil in this mod?

Where's the problem with it... it's coming closer to real-life than the default recoil/previous Mk18 recoil.

great job on the model and all the people who replayed gave great improvement suggestions but, can you please change the ammo type to standard arma 3 BIS 5.56 so we can load some red\yellow\green tracer in that beautiful rifle.

thanks.

great job on the model and all the people who replayed gave great improvement suggestions but, can you please change the ammo type to standard arma 3 BIS 5.56 so we can load some red\yellow\green tracer in that beautiful rifle.

thanks.

I don't know how it works for you, but when I use VAS there are tracer mags at the very bottom of the magazine list that function with the MK18. Green and red, at the very least.

God I love this Weapons Pack, I enjoy using the M4 Block 2! My group really loves this pack as well, its all we use. Keep up the good work to all those who are involved.

I don't know how it works for you, but when I use VAS there are tracer mags at the very bottom of the magazine list that function with the MK18. Green and red, at the very least.

thanks,

you were right, those magazines in the bottom of the list do work but they are not the same as the BIS 5.56 . it would be a nice touch to implement BIS 5.56 with the mk18 mod, that way we won't need to waste time on picking the right clip for the right rifle.

plus, we won't need any special scripts\mods like VAS or MCC to load up our favorite ammo.

got to say it again, great job on the mod, loving it. thank you.

Edited by willopen

If someone can send me what to do to update the config for damage / zeroing / magazines / etc. I would appreciate it. I am not a config man myself.

Hey ardvarkdb, I was doing a lot of editing editing for a mission using your modpack (and it is certainly beautiful) but I caught a small problem:

RHARD_M4DDRDP_F//M4 Block 2 AFG Desert should be:

RHARD_M4DDRPD_F

Just a bit of a typo, not a big deal. Was confused at first because I was trying to copy-paste from the armaholic mod description's classnames.

Also, I am unable to use the tracer magazines, here are the class names for reference for anyone wanting to adjust the cfg file:

30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Red

30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Green

30Rnd_556x45_Stanag_Tracer_Yellow

Keep up the good work. :)

Edited by Einhander

If someone can send me what to do to update the config for damage

Inside the config.bin of your config-pbo are 2 times "hit = 0.5", which needs to be changed to something like 6.5 to 8.

It needs a custom Sound, check your Inbox! :)

o/

Edited by Vasilyevich

@Brain:

How is it exactly possible to change the damage rate of these guns?

Might you explain this for me please ?

[...]asking ardy first[...}

This is the new pbo with hit power up to 7.5

@PMC:

First step is to unpbo the .pbo which contains the config.bin.

Then you have to unbin the config.bin - making the config content showing up in clear programming text and not cryptic signs.

Done that, you can change the lines which contain "hit = XX" <- containing a number from 0 to 10.

Save the, "bin" the config.bin again and pack the files to a new pbo.

This may sound complete weird to you, but as soon as you read the editing guides or more into the tools (http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Community_Tools) it should be easy.

Edited by Brain

I don't mean to sound rude, if I do, but do you have Ardy's permission to release this on his thread? I know he's talked about having people send him config's, sounds, etc.