Definately a 9/10

---------- Post added at 10:35 ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 ----------

What is the magazine-class that these weapons are using? Would like to include these in my mission. :)

It's the standard BIS 556 mags dude

Edited by LemTheGentleman

Thank you. Great models, and the textures (the tiny details, like scratches) are superb!

Just finished testing them, they are excellent, fantastic work! Congrats to everyone involved for one of the best (if not THE best) weapons pack so far in ArmA 3!

Thanks for the mirror Foxhound! Added to first post. Glad everyone likes the update.

As far as the FHQ stuff goes, I did not add it in because if you do not run that mod you would get an error. I would prefer BI update the way weapon attachments work and make them global based on what slot an attachment is made for, rather than having to hard code in every attachment that every mod makes and constantly updating weapon packs as new attachments come out. Hopefully BI will address this in a future update.

Edited by ardvarkdb
Double Pageking

I am having a bit of trouble installing. I have followed the correct instructions and even though the mod is added to my expansions on the in game menu.

I have followed the correct installation path: Steam/Steamapps/Common/ArmA 3/@MK18_Mod1

and the correct set launch on steam: -mod=@MK18_mod;

but when I enter editor I still do find the items: Empty > Ammo > RHARD MK18 Supply Crate >

Any advise?

Edited by PurePassion
post moved. please search before posting. Thanks!

Frist off, you should ask in the correct post!

Second, make sure your that the contents of the download are stored like this Steam\Steamapps\Common\ArmA 3\@MK18_Mod1\addons\[stuff...].

First off, I dont use launch parameters because expansions tab is easier. But... make sure the Mk18 folder as an Addons folder inside the folder and all the pbo's and bisign's are in the addons folder

EDIT: Sorry mantis, posted my reply a second after you did.

Hey,

Nice one! Love it!

Only thing: Any FHQ-compatible Config out there? Also, I need to hit an enemy 4 times, even in the upper body area...

The damage is BI's default 556 ammunition, I have nothing to do with damage values....

If someone makes an FHQ compatible config I will include it in the next update.

Re FHQ: You can use the default weapons config for FHQ and it works with Mk18.

Re Damage: I just literally needed 6 shots into the head and neck area of an enemy in 30m distance to kill him. I'm not using the default weapons so I can't say anything about it. I'm changing the config stuff just for myself and try that.

10/10 for the Models and textures. Love em.

EDIT: Mk18 has a damage of 0.5, in relation: Shams M16 uses 8, and you double-tap enemies and they're dead.

Edited by Brain

The only time I need to put more than two shots into an enemy to drop them is when the weapon is suppressed, but that is the case even with BIS' MX rifles. 9 out of 10 times, it only takes two for me at anything but very long range.

That's weird. For me and 7 others online it took 5-6 every time.

I know of one or two people who have had this issue. I think it has something to do with server latency / desync. Dedicated servers may support the best connection, but there's always a difference in where an object is according to the server and where it is according to the client. I've watched a friend shoot a target and miss from my screen (local server) and hit every time on his screen.

In the end, though, the recoil is so amazing on these rifles that it should be a joy to fire them more. :D

That's weird. For me and 7 others online it took 5-6 every time.

are you playing Domination by any chance? because Xeno (?) has given the enemy soldiers extra lives to make it more challenging (??). they die and instantly are brought back to life for you to kill them a second time.

Re FHQ: You can use the default weapons config for FHQ and it works with Mk18.

Re Damage: I just literally needed 6 shots into the head and neck area of an enemy in 30m distance to kill him. I'm not using the default weapons so I can't say anything about it. I'm changing the config stuff just for myself and try that.

10/10 for the Models and textures. Love em.

EDIT: Mk18 has a damage of 0.5, in relation: Shams M16 uses 8, and you double-tap enemies and they're dead.

I dunno i think something weird is going on with the FHQ thing, because I can't add the FHQ accessories to any of the rifles

I dunno i think something weird is going on with the FHQ thing, because I can't add the FHQ accessories to any of the rifles

I am able to attach the FHQ stuff. It is strange how some people it works and some it doesn't....

I am able to attach the FHQ stuff. It is strange how some people it works and some it doesn't....

Can you take a screenshot of the rifle with the aimpoint on it? I just want to see how it looks :'(

Thanks babes

---------- Post added at 04:40 ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 ----------

I don't know what i fucked up, but i still can't do it... Thanks though dude, i'll keep messing around with files and shit

Edited by LemTheGentleman

Sometimes it conflicts with other weapon addons. It worked for me, then I downloaded the Russians with AK107's and then it stopped. After a while I left only the FHQ and mk18 addons in along with some units and it worked just fine. I guess it just gets jealous of the other weapons!

are you playing Domination by any chance? because Xeno (?) has given the enemy soldiers extra lives to make it more challenging (??). they die and instantly are brought back to life for you to kill them a second time.

No, we are playing on an Insurgency made by scratch, all other weapons work fine.

We depbo'd the weapon, unbin'd the config, changed the hit to 7.5 instead of .5, bin'd the config, pbo'd the weapon and changed it. Works like a charm. Double-taping enemies finally works.

I know of one or two people who have had this issue. I think it has something to do with server latency / desync. Dedicated servers may support the best connection, but there's always a difference in where an object is according to the server and where it is according to the client. I've watched a friend shoot a target and miss from my screen (local server) and hit every time on his screen.

In the end, though, the recoil is so amazing on these rifles that it should be a joy to fire them more. :D

We are playing on a dedicated server, sometimes we have desync and lags, but not as you stated and not with other weapons.

1. Download newest Mk18.

2. Download newest FHQ Acc.

3. Install Mk18.

4. Install FHQ Acc., there is a folder called extras or bonus and so on. Put these files into the folder where the mod files are, too.

5. Launch with both.

May be broken when using mods like Sudden's Russians. Not all Mods work with each other.

I used VAS to apply them, works with other boxes fine, though.

As I've said before, if someone wants to make some better sounds I will gladly test them and if I like them I will include them in the pack. That doesn't mean tell me who has cool sounds so I can track them down, see if they want to give me sounds, write the config for the sounds, etc. That means YOU do the work. YOU find some sounds, you get them working in the config (which I will gladly send you a copy of if you need it) and then YOU send me a PM and say "Hey Ardy, I've got these sweet sounds I think you should try and see if you want to include them in your mod. Just pop these in and bam, give them a test".

Sweet Jesus calm down. I put around over an hour so far on working with a custom sound (and changing the gun from a BB-gun to a real beast) I apply to the Mk18/M4 and I will send them to you once they're done.

Edited by Brain

Hey,

Nice one! Love it!

Only thing: Any FHQ-compatible Config out there? Also, I need to hit an enemy 4 times, even in the upper body area...

Brain was correct as we are on my insurgency server. The mission is completely custom, all AI and spawns are done by script. I programmed the entire mission myself with some addons like helmetmod, and sync weather and the old vehicle script. The AI are spawned in groups and while their difficulty is all custom modified the enemy themselves have no enhancements.

In a bit of experimenting we opened up sham's M16 config and checked out the values and then copied them over with a very slight power decrease. We threw it all back together and Brain tested the package in my server without a server restart or anything that would degrade the test. We found that his statement is true. The config file needs to be adjusted as the M16's config was far more realistic as far as you would expect at 100 to 200 meters. 2 shots were typical at that range where with the unmodified version I was using would take 3 or more, almost always more.

Also we are reporting an issue with the optics. I am poking around the config trying to find out what is off with the sights. It seems they are not zeroed and bullet drop is ridiculous. Although Brain reported being able to adjust the sights for 100-300 or more(?), I didnt try, I was watching him show with some insane drop. Im trying to find why the aim is adjustable and how to disable it and how to adjust the zero point so it is zeroed at 300 like all the other assault rifle class.

Other than these 2 issues, the model and sounds are top notch. I intend to be using this mod for a very long time, that is if we can work out the issues, as I am sure we can. Top marks on the top mounted PEQ, I really love the mk18, you've done us a great justice by pouring your time into it. We very much thank everyone involved for this wonderful piece.

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Sniped.